Early morning pints in Dublin

Started by The Watcher Pat, July 31, 2008, 12:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Watcher Pat

Heading to the match on Saturday morning, 7.17 train (£10 return sweet) and should be in Dublin around 9. Just wondering where the best place would be to get a few pints at that time of the morning..
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Donagh

The Boars Head on Capel St. There's another one as you are heading towards Smithfield - Keatings. There used to be a couple down by the Point as well but can't remember the names.

Denn Forever

Is the pub on the corner of Store St. and Amiens St. opposite BusArus not an early pub?  Pubs around Moore St. may be early pubs but the Boars Head is probably your best bet.  Also the Luas you get at Connolly goes right past it>
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

whyarerefssobad

always look on the bright side

Mickey Linden

You will get a pint in Molloys, Pat just down from the train station!

The Gs Man

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on July 31, 2008, 12:34:01 PM
Heading to the match on Saturday morning, 7.17 train (£10 return sweet) and should be in Dublin around 9. Just wondering where the best place would be to get a few pints at that time of the morning..

Im sure the wine on the way down on the train will keep ye going..... ;)
Keep 'er lit

john mcgill

I remember a thread about the best breakfasts in Dublin before games.  It didn't throw up as many places as this thread has on pubs!

the Deel Rover

i remember years ago going for a pint in the Windjammer near westland Row dart station the pints were lovely but jesus we knocked them back fairly quickly we were getting queer looks off the locals and we didn't even have our jerseys on it must have been our accents  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Donagh

Read an article in the Irish Times about the Windjammer a few months ago. Didn't seem the type of place that would be too welcoming to non-regulars.

Donagh

Quote from: john mcgill on July 31, 2008, 03:21:27 PM
I remember a thread about the best breakfasts in Dublin before games.  It didn't throw up as many places as this thread has on pubs!

Ach John, knowledge of the local early house used to be an essential requirement for any travels around the country - in case you ever missed the bus home  ;)

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Donagh on July 31, 2008, 03:29:01 PM
Read an article in the Irish Times about the Windjammer a few months ago. Didn't seem the type of place that would be too welcoming to non-regulars.

thats for sure Donagh as i said we weren't long swallowing our pints, there used to be another pub the dockers i think it was called not far from it U2 used to Drink there 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ziggysego

I've never understood the need for a drink before a match.
Testing Accessibility

screenexile

I'm the same ziggy. An odd time I'd take a couple but getting blocked at a match wouldn't appeal to me at all. I'd have somebody lamped just past the throw in and if it was a Tyrone game I'd have had bate 10 boys out of the bar before the match even started!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: screenexile on July 31, 2008, 03:39:25 PM
I'm the same ziggy. An odd time I'd take a couple but getting blocked at a match wouldn't appeal to me at all. I'd have somebody lamped just past the throw in and if it was a Tyrone game I'd have had bate 10 boys out of the bar before the match even started!
midget abuse ? :D

themanwhowasntthere

Quote from: ziggysego on July 31, 2008, 03:35:55 PM
I've never understood the need for a drink before a match.

Now - are ye talking about watching or playing???