You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 08, 2011, 06:57:31 PM
Independent TDs in the Dail chamber dressed like tramps.  And now something's being done about it - proper order!

QuoteDail dress code plans 'pathetic'

Friday, 8 July 2011

Proposed new rules forcing TDs to dress smartly in the Dail chamber or face being thrown out have been branded pathetic.

A Dail watchdog has recommended male deputies wear a tailored jacket, collared-shirt and trousers, while women are slightly less restricted in being banned simply from wearing jeans.

Independent TDs Mick Wallace and Luke "Ming" Flanagan, and People Before Profit's Richard Boyd-Barrett will be among those most likely to be affected by the new dress code.

Mr Boyd-Barrett would not be drawn on whether he would abide by the new rules. "It's pathetic and further evidence that we have a Government of clowns," said the Dun Laoghaire TD.

"The country is drowning in debt, we have half a million people unemployed, we have people facing the loss of their homes and cuts to the most vulnerable, and these clowns are wondering what people wear in the Dail. It's pathetic."

Mr Boyd-Barrett often wears jeans in the Dail chamber and shirts not tucked in, while Mr Flanagan wears his shirts buttoned up to the neck and out over his trousers. Wexford TD Mick Wallace brings a dash of colour to the chamber with his trademark pink shirts. None of the men wear formal jackets.

Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams often takes Leaders' Questions without a jacket and with his sleeves rolled up.

The rules were decided by the Dail's Committee on Procedures and Privileges, which also banned calls to premium-rate numbers from Leinster House telephones following the "Ring of Kerry" controversy.

It is understood Ceann Comhairle Sean Barrett, who chairs the committee, was driving the issue, but just one TD dissented out of the 10-strong membership.

Independent Catherine Murphy said: "There was a very strict dress code in Anglo Irish Bank. Dress codes don't necessarily mean people do things with the right motivation."

Doing something about the way certain Independent TDs dress now that's the real issue that needs to be sorted out.. not the bankers,health care etc  ::)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 09, 2011, 03:47:00 AM
Doing something about the way certain Independent TDs dress now that's the real issue that needs to be sorted out.. not the bankers,health care etc  ::)

It's possible to deal with more than one problem at once.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 09, 2011, 05:14:29 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 09, 2011, 03:47:00 AM

It's possible to deal with more than one problem at once.
Who said the way you dress is a problem? i didn't know the Dail was a fashion parade. Tony Gregory (RIP) whom never wore a tie would laugh his ass off with this new "dress code"

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 09, 2011, 05:41:25 AM
Who said the way you dress is a problem? i didn't know the Dail was a fashion parade. Tony Gregory (RIP) whom never wore a tie would laugh his ass off with this new "dress code"
Who said anything about a fashion parade? It's a matter of showing a bit of respect for the institutions, for your constituents,  and a bit of respect for yourself. It's supposed to be a national parliament, not a f*cking pub. I see them standing up there in jeans and with a shirt hanging out and it makes me cringe with embarrassment. Bloody tramps.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 09, 2011, 05:53:28 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 09, 2011, 05:41:25 AM
Who said anything about a fashion parade? It's a matter of showing a bit of respect for the institutions, for your constituents,  and a bit of respect for yourself. It's supposed to be a national parliament, not a f*cking pub. I see them standing up there in jeans and with a shirt hanging out and it makes me cringe with embarrassment. Bloody tramps.
That's the second time you used the term "tramps" best dressed tramps i have ever seen TBH.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 09, 2011, 05:59:07 AM
That's the second time you used the term "tramps" best dressed tramps i have ever seen TBH.

It doesn't matter how fancy your jeans are. They're still jeans and if you wear them to a funeral, a wedding, a job interview, in a national parliament or any other inappropriate setting then you're a "tr**p" in my book.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 09, 2011, 06:02:09 AM

It doesn't matter how fancy your jeans are. They're still jeans and if you wear them to a funeral, a wedding, a job interview, in a national parliament or any other inappropriate setting then you're a "tr**p" in my book.
Let's just say i beg to differ & i cant even comprehend why this type of thing would "grind your gears" however reading back on this thread most things seem to annoy you.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 09, 2011, 06:11:04 AM
Let's just say i beg to differ & i cant even comprehend why this type of thing would "grind your gears" however reading back on this thread most things seem to annoy you.

Most of the things I post on this thread grind my gears?  That's very observant of you.

CiKe

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 09, 2011, 06:02:09 AM

The phrase "Don't judge a book by its cover" springs to mind.

amallon

Bars with loud music where you have to shout at someone sitting across a table from you.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

lurganblue

Burning cars, buses, vans etc for 3 nights running all over lurgan/craigavon. Helicopters keeping my child awake. All this happening "in their own areas". Not even a police car etc to shout in anger at ffs Maybe I should have had this in the WTF thread. What's the point?

ONeill

People shouting across tables in bars.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

People using #hashtags on posts outside of twitter. They serve a purpose on twitter. Stop it everywhere else #veryannoying

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 11, 2011, 09:09:22 PM
People using #hashtags on posts outside of twitter. They serve a purpose on twitter. Stop it everywhere else #veryannoying

#hypocrites
MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2011, 09:10:36 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 11, 2011, 09:09:22 PM

#hypocrites

Retweet
Testing Accessibility