You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: EagleLord on December 03, 2010, 02:51:24 PM
Always bugged me, creeped me out for as long as i can remember, it seems to me that hes very camp, which sits uneasy with me to start with, but when he goes to inroduce 'whats happening on the street' he just turns supercamp!

While we're on grindin gears and campness, i feel this clip is appropriate. Its just not right.. not sure if any of yas seen it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-I2NTBIlKw
I don't understand, what's "not right" about it?
Quote from: caughtredhanded on December 04, 2010, 12:13:42 AM
Quote from: hardstation on December 04, 2010, 12:06:33 AM
Quote from: caughtredhanded on December 03, 2010, 11:56:37 PM
Always bugged me, creeped me out for as long as i can remember, it seems to me that hes very camp, which sits uneasy with me to start with, but when he goes to inroduce 'whats happening on the street' he just turns supercamp!

While we're on grindin gears and campness, i feel this clip is appropriate. Its just not right.. not sure if any of yas seen it..

Creepy kid, totally agree with you.
He's only a kid ffs. Unfair....

I like this song though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZwO9i4Pk8o&feature=related

In hindsight maybe so but he's seriously making life very difficult for himself. Bullying is a disgusting and cowardly thing but you don't invite it on. His parents should have had a bit of cop on.
Get a grip ffs
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

caughtredhanded

Quote from: hardstation on December 04, 2010, 12:16:15 AM
Quote from: caughtredhanded on December 04, 2010, 12:13:42 AM
Quote from: hardstation on December 04, 2010, 12:06:33 AM
Quote from: caughtredhanded on December 03, 2010, 11:56:37 PM

Creepy kid, totally agree with you.
He's only a kid ffs. Unfair....

I like this song though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZwO9i4Pk8o&feature=related

In hindsight maybe so but he's seriously making life very difficult for himself. Bullying is a disgusting and cowardly thing but you don't invite it on. His parents should have had a bit of cop on.
Arse about face thinking in my view.

How so?

pintsofguinness

pintsofguinness

He expects the child's parents to be as ignorant as him!
A child of about 10 bringing bullying on himself, jesus christ.

caughtredhanded

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 04, 2010, 12:25:45 AM

Lets be mature about this, as i've stated bullying is disgusting and cowardly. It doesn't change the fact however that bullying is endemic in our schools and many parents may not be aware that their children are bullies.

It is a fact that many bullies have been the subject of bullying themselves and target the vulnerable in an effort to lessen their self loathing.

To stick out is to invite unwelcome attention from bullies. That is a fact, no matter how distasteful it seems.

I suffered grievously from bullying at school and its affects lived with me for years. I respect your view however I stand by my opinion.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: caughtredhanded on December 04, 2010, 12:35:46 AM

Lets be mature about this, as i've stated bullying is disgusting and cowardly. It doesn't change the fact however that bullying is endemic in our schools and many parents may not be aware that their children are bullies.

It is a fact that many bullies have been the subject of bullying themselves and target the vulnerable in an effort to lessen their self loathing.

To stick out is to invite unwelcome attention from bullies. That is a fact, no matter how distasteful it seems.

I suffered grievously from bullying at school and its affects lived with me for years. I respect your view however I stand by my opinion.
So what exactly would you have this child's parents do?

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 04, 2010, 12:39:05 AM

A very good question
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

EagleLord

I never mentioned anything about bullying or anything like that. When I said 'Something just not right about it'..i was merely commenting on how camp the kid was, which is very strange, the age he is, espcially when he says 'star on the rise yeh' because he puts his hands on his hips and all.. Made me laugh like yeh, but at same time I was just thinking, jeeeeesus christ, buy that lad a pair of boots and an oneills ball! :D

caughtredhanded

Not much they can do now, the stable door is flapping in the wind.
Their intentions were undoubtably good however they may regret them. Child 'experts'can be endearing to adults however they can become the object of ridicule. The case of James Harries (the child antiques expert) is an extreme example.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: caughtredhanded on December 04, 2010, 12:48:11 AM

Not much they can do now, the stable door is flapping in the wind.
Their intentions were undoubtably good however they may regret them. Child 'experts'can be endearing to adults however they can become the object of ridicule. The case of James Harries (the child antiques expert) is an extreme example.
Nice side step.
When do you think they should do something, when the child started to take an interest in fashion, put his hands on his hips for the first time etc? and what exactly should they have done?

caughtredhanded

Quote from: hardstation on December 04, 2010, 12:50:04 AM

I'm not grabbing your opinion at all.

Don't be who you are, don't be outside certain social guidelines.

Bullies will always be bullies. He is a kid, "a creepy kid" you think but he's a kid.

I don't expect you to agree with me and the 'creepy kid' label may have been flippant however the whole scenario wan't right. I spoke to several people on Saturday who thought it was inappropriate.

EagleLord

Quere spiralled out of control that link of mine! Can of worms opened now!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: caughtredhanded on December 04, 2010, 12:53:10 AM
Quote from: hardstation on December 04, 2010, 12:50:04 AM

I'm not grabbing your opinion at all.

Don't be who you are, don't be outside certain social guidelines.

Bullies will always be bullies. He is a kid, "a creepy kid" you think but he's a kid.

I don't expect you to agree with me and the 'creepy kid' label may have been flippant however the whole scenario wan't right. I spoke to several people on Saturday who thought it was inappropriate.
Thought it was inappropriate!!??
this gets worse - inappropriate how?

caughtredhanded

Seriously lads, I didn't like the segment. I thought we were being fed that young fella as a humourous filler and it wasn't right. His parents may be proud of him and rightly so but I'm not convinced he would be taken seriously by many of his peers.

If any of you are inferring that I may have some homophobic aversion to a young chap being interested in fashion and standing with his hands on his hips you are 100% wrong.

pintsofguinness

Why dont you answer the questions put to you?