You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

People with hayfever grind my gears, is there anything more annoying than listening to someone sneezing 20 times in a row or sniffle the same snot up their noses 100 times a day
You'll Never Walk Alone.

maggie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 15, 2010, 08:38:45 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 15, 2010, 08:00:01 PM
Bet you don't use your indicators either? 
from what I see most people don't use indicators.

Especially mothers dropping their little precious off to school..
Pulling into a space or pulling out of one or sometimes even when they just abandon the car right in the middle of the road,not a sign of a indicator from any of them..
I don't know what ever happened to walking your kid to school,or put them on a bus even.

From what i can see, mothers dropping kids off to school- they are all driving people carriers.  It must be an unwritten law that if you have 2 or more children you need a people carrier or else a big f**k off jeep/landrover.

Dunno how the 6 of us used to do in our vauxhall estate....

Alco Pup

Quote from: maggie on June 16, 2010, 03:28:57 PM

Pulling into a space or pulling out of one or sometimes even when they just abandon the car right in the middle of the road,not a sign of a indicator from any of them..
I don't know what ever happened to walking your kid to school,or put them on a bus even.

From what i can see, mothers dropping kids off to school- they are all driving people carriers.  It must be an unwritten law that if you have 2 or more children you need a people carrier or else a big f**k off jeep/landrover.

We got 18 into the back of black taxi outside the Bot one night.  Taxi driver said he'll take as many as can fit in.. 
Valuable lesson learned - be careful of which lad's knee you sit on.  :-[

ziggysego

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 16, 2010, 03:03:42 PM
People with hayfever grind my gears, is there anything more annoying than listening to someone sneezing 20 times in a row or sniffle the same snot up their noses 100 times a day

Yes, sneezing 20 times in a row or sniffle the same snot up the nose 100 times a day is more annoying for the person than the witness.
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

That's so they can fit in all the equipment - and they still can't walk the child across a car park.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

People reading my newspaper over my shoulder as I am reading it.
If you wan to read a newspaper then go and f**king buy one
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

People watching what I'm at on the computer over my shoulder. Feck off, none of your business!
Testing Accessibility

illdecide

Dosed with the cold, nose blocked up and flame on the chest...bastid. Last night was a disaster trying to sleep, the girlfriend got up about 4 this morning and went to the next room because she couldn't get a sleep with me
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

Because now that would be against the law. 

As someone who does the school run everyday with 3 kids I can sympathize with people who are complaining about the drop off mums in the big cars but trust me its hardly that big of a deal.  I pull up and let them run out if there is no other traffic but if there is traffic I pull in and let them walk up.  It is a country school and I know city schools are worse but when you have the schools refusing to let you onto the school grounds, and overall increased usage(and abuse) of the road by many drivers and a very poor system to protect kids on the street if you want them to walk, (coupled with crazed electricians in their white vans trying to ram you off the road :P) the fear for your children can outweigh consideration for others.  I don't necessarily agree with it but, hey, shit happens.

paco

Find it hard to sleep with the heat at night these days so always have to open the windows very far to let some air in, and any time I'm about to doze off in the morning a f**king wasp or something flies in!

whatsinaname

I work in a school with a big carpark for parents to drop off their little darlings, all grammar school age. But do they use it , NO, they don't.  They drive right up to reception to let the kids out, blocking the drives to the staff carparks.  Johnny and Mary are teenagers, if they can't walk the 50 yards from the carpark god help them when they are 60yrs old.

ziggysego

Quote from: illdecide on June 17, 2010, 10:16:21 AM
Dosed with the cold, nose blocked up and flame on the chest...bastid. Last night was a disaster trying to sleep, the girlfriend got up about 4 this morning and went to the next room because she couldn't get a sleep with me

How's that different from any other night?
Testing Accessibility

quit yo jibbajabba

noisy polish neighbours playing music too loud >:(

Hardy

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 17, 2010, 11:13:13 AM
noisy polish neighbours playing music too loud >:(

What is the relevance of the underlined word? (And I assume you meant "Polish").

illdecide

Quote from: ziggysego on June 17, 2010, 11:09:40 AM
Quote from: illdecide on June 17, 2010, 10:16:21 AM

How's that different from any other night?

True Ziggy saan, true. Anyway thats not a bad thing getting the big bed to yourself  should not be underestimated:D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch