You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 07, 2009, 08:59:06 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 07, 2009, 08:30:51 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 07, 2009, 07:23:40 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 07, 2009, 06:36:32 PM
Wrong it was 4........I mentioned Filter Lights....where else would I be only at a Junction if i was waiting for a filter light to turn green  ???

Yeah there is only one club in Portlaoise a few close by though

There are filter lights where a bus lane merges into an ordinary lane to form one ordinary lane along a stretch of road, I wouldn't call this a junction. If any more examples spring to mind I'll be sure to post them...

But I was talking about turning left when I mentioned Filter lights...surely any sane person would know if turning left on the command of a filter light would mean you were at a junction?

Have to say this is the strangest argument I ever had  :D

Well maybe your argument ain't that good if you have to qualify it, there was no mention of junctions or filter lights in your initial post anyway...

Speaking of sane people, surely any sane person wouldn't pull across a cyclist coming up the inside. Like I said you wouldn't pull into a lane with an articulated lorry passing you out...

Course they would! I was nearly under the wheels of car a couple of weeks ago because the w**ker pulled out of a side street straight in front of me ffs! Felt the bumper graze my leg. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Wrong it was 4........I mentioned Filter Lights....where else would I be only at a Junction if i was waiting for a filter light to turn green  ???

There are filter lights where a bus lane merges into an ordinary lane to form one ordinary lane along a stretch of road, I wouldn't call this a junction. If any more examples spring to mind I'll be sure to post them...

But I was talking about turning left when I mentioned Filter lights...surely any sane person would know if turning left on the command of a filter light would mean you were at a junction?

Well maybe your argument ain't that good if you have to qualify it, there was no mention of junctions or filter lights in your initial post anyway...

Speaking of sane people, surely any sane person wouldn't pull across a cyclist coming up the inside. Like I said you wouldn't pull into a lane with an articulated lorry passing you out...

There is nothing wrong with my argument,just because you went off on a rant and designing new bus lane routes that make a bus bomb down the left hand side of a car at a junction wanting to turn left rather than take the time to read what I was actually posting doesn't mean my argument is flawed!

By the way surely a sane cyclist wouldn't go gung ho through a junction playing cat and mouse with cars who are turning left?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 07, 2009, 09:07:17 PM

There is nothing wrong with my argument,just because you went off on a rant and designing new bus lane routes that make a bus bomb down the left hand side of a car at a junction wanting to turn left rather than take the time to read what I was actually posting doesn't mean my argument is flawed!

By the way surely a sane cyclist wouldn't go gung ho through a junction playing cat and mouse with cars who are turning left?

For the second time I never mentioned anything about bus lanes at junctions. I equated pulling across a bicycle lane (whether at a junction or not) to pulling into a bus lane (not at a junction) with a bike or bus approaching at a higher speed.

I'm sure any sane cyclist wouldn't go gung ho through a junction purely because of the gobshites out there not looking around them. Likewise I'm sure any sane driver will check the cycle lane before pulling across it...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 07, 2009, 09:19:53 PM

For the second time I never mentioned anything about bus lanes at junctions. I equated pulling across a bicycle lane (whether at a junction or not) to pulling into a bus lane (not at a junction) with a bike or bus approaching at a higher speed.

I'm sure any sane cyclist wouldn't go gung ho through a junction purely because of the gobshites out there not looking around them. Likewise I'm sure any sane driver will check the cycle lane before pulling across it...

And I never mentioned bike lanes I was talking about junctions with filter lights but you missed that because of your red rage...
Hope your not as angry when your on a bike you might get distracted and hit a car turning left
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 07, 2009, 09:22:56 PM

And I never mentioned bike lanes I was talking about junctions with filter lights but you missed that because of your red rage...
Hope your not as angry when your on a bike you might get distracted and hit a car turning left

And bike lanes don't run through junctions? Anyways I'm sure you look out for pedestrians when turning, the same care towards bicycles would be appreciated...

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 07, 2009, 09:39:31 PM

And bike lanes don't run through junctions? Anyways I'm sure you look out for pedestrians when turning, the same care towards bicycles would be appreciated...

Not all of them no...

Pedestrians don't(or shouldn't) cross a road when cars have the right of way because the filter light is green...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 07, 2009, 09:41:25 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 07, 2009, 09:39:31 PM

Not all of them no...

Pedestrians don't(or shouldn't) cross a road when cars have the right of way because the filter light is green...

Can't argue with any of that although Dublin City Council are running cycle lanes through any junctions they are upgrading at the moment

Which leads me onto another gear grinder, public administrators flitering away the last of their budgets for the year so that their budget for next year doesn't decrease. Surely the government can bring in some incentive to erase this practice...

pintsofguinness

making my lunch, why is it I hate making lunch so much!
Ive to go do it now.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 07, 2009, 09:54:58 PM
Ive to go do it now.

Me too,I have to make it at night because there is no way I could be bothered making it in the morning
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Ive to go do it now.

Funny I have been contemplating that for about the last half hour, it only takes about five minutes (insert joke) but I absolutely despise it. Wife refuses to do it for me (again insert joke)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Minder on December 07, 2009, 09:58:47 PM
Ive to go do it now.

Funny I have been contemplating that for about the last half hour, it only takes about five minutes (insert joke) but I absolutely despise it. Wife refuses to do it for me (again insert joke)
Same here! Still sitting here thinking about getting up to do it.

Minder

Always look forward to a Friday, when I put 12 inches, of Subways finest, in my mouth.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Anything exciting?
I just have the plain aul ham sandwiches,though I did push the boundaries last week and put some Ballymaloe Relish onto one of them
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Ham sandwiches here too - I bought honey roast ham too instead of just normal ham.  But it'll have to do, hate it when that happens too.

The Real Laoislad

I like the honey roast ham..
Quite like the blacky ham you get in Superquinn
You'll Never Walk Alone.