You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caid

Quote from: tyroneman on December 01, 2009, 05:32:16 PM
Shop assistants who put your change on the counter when you clearly hold your hand out. Also those who can't be ar@ed to say please or thank you. Fcuk off and do something that makes you happy instead ye miserable barstewards

People who moan about everything under the sun. Learn perspective.

Contradiction there?
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 01, 2009, 10:28:47 AM
People who drive around but cannot drive.

Don't use their indicators, don't understand which lane they are supposed to be in, don't understand stop signs or yellowboxs, don't understand speed limits on open roads or in urban areas, who park like knobjockies.

Also hate kids who throw snowballs at moving cars in icy conditions with lots of traffic and pedestrians about. The last shit that did that to me, I followed his parents into Lidil and grassed the little f**ker out. He wasn't so smart when his ould-lady made a show of him in front of all his mates. The little p***k. Think he was about to start crying the 16 year old cry-baby/hardman :'(  Told him the next time he does it, it will be the Gardai I'll be calling.

I was going to put this in the what the f**k thread but since you're on about little pricks...

Was walking down the street this evening and this, little boy of about 12, was coming in the other direction and he walked straight in to my path and screams in my face (well as close as he could get to my face since he was about a foot shorter)
"OI MAN YOU WOULD WANT TO WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING"  :D  :D  :D  I walked on and he was still shouting after me.
What a little weirdo.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 01, 2009, 06:39:42 PM

Don't use their indicators, don't understand which lane they are supposed to be in, don't understand stop signs or yellowboxs, don't understand speed limits on open roads or in urban areas, who park like knobjockies.

Also hate kids who throw snowballs at moving cars in icy conditions with lots of traffic and pedestrians about. The last shit that did that to me, I followed his parents into Lidil and grassed the little f**ker out. He wasn't so smart when his ould-lady made a show of him in front of all his mates. The little p***k. Think he was about to start crying the 16 year old cry-baby/hardman :'(  Told him the next time he does it, it will be the Gardai I'll be calling.

I was going to put this in the what the f**k thread but since you're on about little pricks...

Was walking down the street this evening and this, little boy of about 12, was coming in the other direction and he walked straight in to my path and screams in my face (well as close as he could get to my face since he was about a foot shorter)
"OI MAN YOU WOULD WANT TO WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING"  :D  :D  :D  I walked on and he was still shouting after me.
What a little weirdo.

Speaking of weirdos,I went into a cafe to get a roll this morning and when I went to get a paper off the rack there was a fella(actually he was a skanger) there with one of the papers open reading it,he was completely in my way,so I asked him to move so I could get a paper for myself,he gave me a look like as if I was after calling his mother a whore or something! then grunted and moved out of the way...
When I was then at the counter paying  he came right up behind me and was almost on top of me...I turned to walked out and he was standing right in front of me..I just side stepped him and gave him a bit of a shoulder as I walked past..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

tyroneman

QuoteShop assistants who put your change on the counter when you clearly hold your hand out. Also those who can't be ar@ed to say please or thank you. Fcuk off and do something that makes you happy instead ye miserable barstewards

People who moan about everything under the sun. Learn perspective.

QuoteContradiction there?

Wouldn''t have thought so - 3 gripes in a thread of 446 pages...........................

ziggysego

Injections. Went for a blood test on Friday. Still hasn't healed :(
Testing Accessibility

Never beat the deeler

People who say 'literally' when they mean exactly the opposite:

'He literally left him for dead' meaning 'He ran quicker than him', not he left the scene while the poor fellla was doubled over gasping for breath!!!

Edit: Spelling
Hasta la victoria siempre

Zapatista

TV and radio ads were they say the price as four-nine-five rather than four hundred and ninety five and so on.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Zapatista on December 02, 2009, 01:50:31 PM
TV and radio ads were they say the price as four-nine-five rather than four hundred and ninety five and so on.

That reminds me, in Australia theu don't say the January 1'st (First) they say January 1 (One), it sounds pure retarded.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

tyrone girl

maggie

Quote from: tyrone girl on December 02, 2009, 04:03:54 PM
Traffic wardens  >:( >:( >:( >:(

I had parked on a single yellow line to pop into the bank.
I came back 5mins later to find a TW at my car to give me a ticket(turns out a sinlgle yellow line is not ok as i had thought). Anyways she seemed to be having trouble with the machine and then said its your lucky day- the machine has broken and i can't issue your ticket.

Caid

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 02, 2009, 02:06:30 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on December 02, 2009, 01:50:31 PM

That reminds me, in Australia theu don't say the January 1'st (First) they say January 1 (One), it sounds pure retarded.

American dates grind my gears.  There is no logical reason to go mm/dd/yy
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

Caid

Traffic Wardens are misunderstood.  They provide a good service to the community

muppet

What a little weirdo.

5 Times?
MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

Quote from: muppet on December 02, 2009, 04:22:15 PM

What a little weirdo.

5 Times?
No sure I'd be dead now or in a position where I couldnt get near a computer again if it was 5ivetimes   :D
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Lazer

Quote from: Caid on December 02, 2009, 04:17:58 PM

Traffic Wardens are misunderstood.  They provide a good service to the community

People that drive that don't know tha highway code.

There is an urban clerway on my way home from work and the amount of cars parked on it after 5 is strange - the traffic wardens could issue a load of lickets if they were there then. It really slows down my journey home as one lane is open instead of 2
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)