You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

maggie

Having a migrane- taken painkilllers also, and they have done sweet FA.
My eyes are kinda stingy too.

ziggysego

Talking about migranes. For some strange reason I've been getting an absoluate killer of one the last three months. For some strange reason, it's been on the third Friday of the month. Dreading next Friday already.
Testing Accessibility

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: ziggysego on October 09, 2008, 06:28:29 PM
Talking about migranes. For some strange reason I've been getting an absoluate killer of one the last three months. For some strange reason, it's been on the third Friday of the month. Dreading next Friday already.

Time of the month Ziggy?  ;D
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ziggysego

Frick.... how did I not see that one coming?
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

So called friends acting a p***k - how do you break up with a friend? 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 11, 2008, 11:11:36 AM

Have you been friends for long pog like a lifelong freind?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

pintsofguinness

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 11, 2008, 11:15:12 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 11, 2008, 11:11:36 AM

Have you been friends for long pog like a lifelong freind?
A lifelong friend.

the Deel Rover

if its a lifelong friend i assume that you have told them that you feel that they are acting the p***k and your reasons why
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

pintsofguinness

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 11, 2008, 11:18:31 AM
if its a lifelong friend i assume that you have told them that you feel that they are acting the p***k and your reasons why
Not that simple, he woudl suffer from depression, had almost ot be talked of a ledge at one stage.  You boys think I'm negative! Holy f**k yous should meet him.  Basically his life hasnt moved on from he was 16, he's obviously not particularly happy about this and would happily see others fail, including his two life long friends, whether it be in work, relationships, financially etc.  Any set back in life you would tell him about would be met with snide remarks and sneering.  I nearly fell out with him a couple of years ago because he accused me and the other mate of thinking we were better than him as we were gently encouraging him to try and get out of dead end job he's been in since he was 16! - on minimum wage, can't afford to move out of home! etc 
So last night he might have made one snide remark too many - about hoping I fall on my face with a financial risk I've taken. 
It's hard to keep putting these things down to an illness. 
:-\

All very deep!

the Deel Rover

ah thats a tough one pog depression is an afull ilness so i can understand why you would have to be carefull what you say to him. I had a childhood friend who the last few years was just taking me for granted only ring up when he would want something be it money, borrow the car, ect really started to annoy me till eventually one day whe he rang up looking for money again i had a couple of words with him told him how i felt and we got it all sorted.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

pintsofguinness

But you see that's the thing I don't know if you put these things down to depression or not.  I think he sometimes uses the illness to allow him to say or do what he wants but illness or not I think he should know not to say the things he does, I don't know if that's unreasonable  ??? 

Hardy

If he's your friend, you'll understand that he won't really have meant that he wanted harm to come to you. If that's not the case, he's not your friend. Either way, no decision to be made.

The Real Laoislad

Forget about him..If he goes and does harm to himself afterwards its not your fault..
I can't stand being in the company of begrudgers and thats what this fella sounds like to me,He is depressed because he made nothing of himself or his life and he resents the fact you and your other mate have..He is not much of a friend anyway if he wants you to fail
My advice is just forget about him and move on
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hardy on October 11, 2008, 03:16:43 PM
If he's your friend, you'll understand that he won't really have meant that he wanted harm to come to you. If that's not the case, he's not your friend. Either way, no decision to be made.
I think he likes us to fail because it makes him feel a little bit better about himself  :(

QuoteForget about him..If he goes and does harm to himself afterwards its not your fault..
I can't stand being in the company of begrudgers and thats what this fella sounds like to me,He is depressed because he made nothing of himself or his life and he resents the fact you and your other mate have..He is not much of a friend anyway if he wants you to fail
My advice is just forget about him and move on
I think you've hit the nail on the head.  I live away from home now and it would be very easy to just cut ties but I don't want to be one of them c***ts that move away and forget the people at home - no one likes them.