You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: gawa316 on May 03, 2012, 09:40:12 PM
When you're driving along and you see a nice shape of a yoke walking on the footpath with your back to you, but can't get a look at her face without crashing cause you too far past by the time you can see her in your mirror

I always tell the wife "that fella is running awful funny" so I can lean in and get a good long look before I declare "jesus thats a girl, I swore it was a fella".

I don't think she buys it though.

Canalman

The menu display in McDonalds.................. tiny and always in the corner. Meal this and meal that. Whatever happened to a price for a Big Mac on its own for example?

Eamonnca1

Fast food employees badgering you into ordering before you've had time to look at the mile-long menu and pick something out of it. 

One of the secrets of In n Out Burger's success is the simple menu.  3 meal options: cheeseburger, burger or double burger.

gawa316

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 04, 2012, 04:44:16 AM

One of the secrets of In n Out Burger's success is the simple menu.  3 meal options: cheeseburger, burger or double burger.

Love In n Out best fastfood ever...animal style please!

gawa316

Grown adults especially men who say. '5 more sleeps' til whatever event and dicks who just spell the word out on Draw Something as opposed to actually drawing something...what the feck is the point?!

Franko

"Grown adults especially men who".... play Draw Something.

gawa316

Franko

Quote from: gawa316 on June 14, 2012, 09:05:42 AM
People who assume things 8)

Non adult girl?  You've an awful tongue on you for a young cutty...  ;)

laoislad

When someone gives you an address and you tell them you'll find it on the sat nav but they still spend next ten minutes giving you directions even though you interrupt them several times to tell them that you'll find it with the fecking sat nav.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

NAG1

Quote from: laoislad on June 14, 2012, 11:06:52 AM
When someone gives you an address and you tell them you'll find it on the sat nav but they still spend next ten minutes giving you directions even though you interrupt them several times to tell them that you'll find it with the fecking sat nav.

People who cant take the time to listen to simple directions, instead relying on this new fangled technology!  ;)

gawa316

gerrykeegan

When you reverse out of your drive and crash into a car parked outside your house.  Not a good start to the day. I have an exam in an hour, can't see anything that I revised coming up now.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

ziggysego

When you park your car safely and some wally reverses into it.
Testing Accessibility

Eamonnca1

Seing a Ford Crown Victoria appearing in your mirror on the freeway at night and you slow to the speed limit thinking it's a cop.  Then you move over and he passes you - turns out to be a taxi!

AZOffaly

I got caught a beaut in Phoenix one time doing that Eamonn. Driving along about 5 miles above the limit after GAA training at about 9 at night. Next thing saw the outline behind me, slowed to exactly the limit, he stayed behind me for about 5 minutes. I kept checking him in my rear view mirror saying "Go on you fecker, turn off".

Next thing the lights flash, and the Dooooopp sound. So I pull over and wonder what the feck I did. Cop comes over and says I was 20 mph over the limit, and I was shocked, no way says I, I saw you in the mirror. I was conscious of my speed.

You were he said, smiling, except you were so busy watching us you never noticed you were going into a construction zone limit, 20mph. License and registration please sir.

Feckers.