Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Somewhere in the depths of Augher, south tyrone gael is blowing a gasket right about now.

Angelo

Wonder how many changes there will be to the starting XV named.

I'd like to see Kelly in for Burns and Kilpatrick for C McCann out of the side named.

A starting forward line with Donnelly, McKenna, McCurry, Harte and Canavan is exciting on paper.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

TwoUpTwoDown

There's not a hope Peter Harte will be starting going by the tweet teamtalk put out yesterday. Canavan will fill in that slot.

southtyronegael

Not a hope canavan playing corner back so why even name him there? Pick the bloody team a let them play. Harte doesn't want forwards or defenders any more, just pre programmed robots that do what they are told.

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 25, 2020, 11:49:54 AM
Somewhere in the depths of Augher, south tyrone gael is blowing a gasket right about now.

Depths of Fermanagh... Canavan will fill in for Harte up front and Meyler will drop back. I'd say it's more out of convenience than anything naming that team. Mickey doesn't normally name major dummy teams.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 25, 2020, 12:32:10 PM
Not a hope canavan playing corner back so why even name him there? Pick the bloody team a let them play. Harte doesn't want forwards or defenders any more, just pre programmed robots that do what they are told.

Team sheets have to be submitted by Friday isn't it?

Tyrone were still appealing Brennan's suspension so Canavan is probably a late addition to the 26 in any case.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: square_ball on October 25, 2020, 11:47:03 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 25, 2020, 11:33:35 AM
See the named Tyrone team. Darragh Canavan named at corner back. Even Mickey Harte can't turn this fella into a defender lol.

No place for McKenna after last week's performance and this is basically a championship match. that would make you speculate he is the corona case. Hope I'm wrong and it's purely speculation.

Mickey is just trolling STG naming canavan at corner back.

And Conor McKenna is at 11. He isnt the covid case from what I heard. Fairly obvious from that team who it is.

Completely missed McKenna's name on that team sheet  :-[

Glad he recovered so quick to slot that one away lol
Living the dream!!!

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 25, 2020, 12:32:10 PM

You're probably raging we're winning.

Angelo

We looked very weary at the end of that game.

Good first half performance, got complacent in the second half and allowed Mayo back in. Legs looked gone on a lot of the players near the end.

McKenna was magnificent, Canavan had a great first half but very quiet in the second, Mattie was outstanding too and really was the only player who showed up for Tyrone with McKenna in that second half.

clarshack

Wasn't there posters on here saying that Conor McKenna wouldn't be able to just slot into the side and make a difference?

RedHand88

Quote from: clarshack on October 25, 2020, 03:51:28 PM
Wasn't there posters on here saying that Conor McKenna wouldn't be able to just slot into the side and make a difference?

They're the same people who will continue to push the narrative that Tyrone can't beat big teams. They'll be quiet for a while after this.

Angelo

Anyone who saw McKenna at minor level would know how good he would be.

GAA players seldom make it in the AFL, there's only be a handful that have. The only two success stories that came back and played GAA again were Kennelly and Marty Clarke. Kennelly gave it a season, won an AI and an all star. Clarke came back and led Down from nowhere to an All Ireland final, he got an all star and really should have got a FOTY award that season.

He has got the lot, he hit a few bad wides today so there is still more to come from him when he gets back more in tune with the game. Naturally the hype train is in full flow at the minute so there will be plenty ready to knock him if he has a few bad games but he is absolutely key to Tyrone going forward.

If we get a full contingent on board for 2021 it should be a very exciting year for Tyrone.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 25, 2020, 03:57:14 PM
Quote from: clarshack on October 25, 2020, 03:51:28 PM

They're the same people who will continue to push the narrative that Tyrone can't beat big teams. They'll be quiet for a while after this.

Can you still call Mayo a big team now they have been relegated and in mid transition??
Living the dream!!!

Onthe40

Div1 could be arguably easier next year.. looking at Armagh and Roscommon on tv recently they don't strike me as div1 material.. I'd like to think we'll give the league a good rattle in 2021

square_ball

McKenna and Canavan both class acts. Good confidence boosting win but you'd think that effort will take a lot out of them while Donegals main men had the feet up this weekend.

Midfield still a big concern.

I wouldn't be surprised if we pull it out of the bag next Sunday.