Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on January 07, 2021, 09:08:36 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 07, 2021, 08:14:36 PM
Kyle Coney calls it a day.

Never really worked out for him at senior level but he was some player underage.
Wonder will any of the other boys cut from the panel call it retirement as well.

I remember the day when I retired from the school team in 3rd Year!!!!

skeog

Everyman who wore the jersey should be respected for the service they gave.Not easy the commitment needed.

Man Marker

Indeed +1

On a different note, I read Damian Casey, Tyrone's premier hurler giving the CB a trimming in Saturdays IN. The hurling county team haven't a manager in place yet, it is nothing short of a scandal for the CB, and to use Covid as an excuse is further example of the disrespect they pay Gaels. Do they think we are fools. Didn't take them long to sort the football management out, covid didn't feck that up. And to use it for the reason not to have a hurling manager, wtf. What is also alarming is that this is the first comment on this thread. These hurling clubs have been keeping the great small ball game alive  in Tyrone county, they could at least get some help from the officials who are charged with promoting the game. To say he has never used the main changing room in Garvaghey is unbelievable. Are Tyrone hurlers the Kilkenny version their football team. I never played the game but I just can't get over why they have to be so badly treated, why?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Man Marker on January 11, 2021, 03:40:05 PM
Indeed +1

On a different note, I read Damian Casey, Tyrone's premier hurler giving the CB a trimming in Saturdays IN. The hurling county team haven't a manager in place yet, it is nothing short of a scandal for the CB, and to use Covid as an excuse is further example of the disrespect they pay Gaels. Do they think we are fools. Didn't take them long to sort the football management out, covid didn't feck that up. And to use it for the reason not to have a hurling manager, wtf. What is also alarming is that this is the first comment on this thread. These hurling clubs have been keeping the great small ball game alive  in Tyrone county, they could at least get some help from the officials who are charged with promoting the game. To say he has never used the main changing room in Garvaghey is unbelievable. Are Tyrone hurlers the Kilkenny version their football team. I never played the game but I just can't get over why they have to be so badly treated, why?

Did you ever think nobody wanted the job (at the rate going, these days)?

It's not uncommon in the weaker hurling counties in the North.

Man Marker

Did I ever think no one wanted the job? No I didn't and you shouldn't either as a good hurling man was interested . But by xmas no one from the CB had bothered to talk to it so he withdrew. I guess Fergal Logan would have done the same by that stage.

marty34

Indeed +1

[/quote

Mattie Lennon, according to Casey, has serious problems too with the county board.  He says that the previous administrstion was very good.

By the way, D. Casey is some hurler. Would walk on to any team in Ireland fantastic talent.]

Wee Roddy

Quote from: marty34 on January 11, 2021, 07:17:04 PM
Indeed +1

[/quote

Mattie Lennon, according to Casey, has serious problems too with the county board.  He says that the previous administrstion was very good.

By the way, D. Casey is some hurler. Would walk on to any team in Ireland fantastic talent.]

No he would not. He is great at the frees and is decent but he wouldn't get near the Antrim team. He is telling one side of the story. There is a lot of politics going on here as the county chair is from Carrickmore, and they are Casey's club teams greatest rivals. What would be deemed a creditable hurling man in one players eyes, may be a bollix in another mans eyes. I have heard they are waiting on someone to come back to the mwho has a proven record at county level.

marty34

Quote from: Wee Roddy on January 12, 2021, 05:01:58 PM
Quote from: marty34 on January 11, 2021, 07:17:04 PM
Indeed +1

[/quote

No he would not. He is great at the frees and is decent but he wouldn't get near the Antrim team. He is telling one side of the story. There is a lot of politics going on here as the county chair is from Carrickmore, and they are Casey's club teams greatest rivals. What would be deemed a creditable hurling man in one players eyes, may be a bollix in another mans eyes. I have heard they are waiting on someone to come back to the mwho has a proven record at county level.

Yes, he'd make the Antrim team.  He's a standout and if he got to a higher level of competition, he'd thrive.

Not sure of the internal politics - you've obviously got a view - but a county board should, have a manager in place by now.

It's not as if they didn't have much time or it's a huge task.

Man Marker

Wee Roddy, this is the Casey who was selected on the Ulster side when the inter provincial series was on a few years ago and also selected on the Irish shinty team, and you think he wouldn't make a mid table Antrim team ffs. Your Carrickmore hatred of Dungannon hurling club is shining through lol

Goals_Will_Come

PAUL Devlin has been reinstalled as Tyrone manager on a new three-year term.

His three-year term came to an end following their All-Ireland semi-final defeat to Dublin prior to Christmas, but it was widely expected that he would be handed an extension after guiding the Tyrone U20s to back-to-back Ulster titles.

Commenting on his reappointment, he said: "I am blessed to have the support from home and within the team, from players to the entire backroom group. I am very lucky to have a special group of individuals supporting me and helping out in a variety of ways.

"My main goal is the honest development of players as individuals and as players for club and county. If silverware comes along the way that will be good and a bonus to us all."

Angelo

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on January 13, 2021, 05:50:07 PM

His three-year term came to an end following their All-Ireland semi-final defeat to Dublin prior to Christmas, but it was widely expected that he would be handed an extension after guiding the Tyrone U20s to back-to-back Ulster titles.

Commenting on his reappointment, he said: "I am blessed to have the support from home and within the team, from players to the entire backroom group. I am very lucky to have a special group of individuals supporting me and helping out in a variety of ways.

"My main goal is the honest development of players as individuals and as players for club and county. If silverware comes along the way that will be good and a bonus to us all."

I know we have won the last two Ulster titles but I think Devlin has underachieved with those sides in the last few seasons, we have had some outstanding forward talent there.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 08:09:39 PM

I know we have won the last two Ulster titles but I think Devlin has underachieved with those sides in the last few seasons, we have had some outstanding forward talent there.
100% agree. There was atleast an All Ireland appearence in those teams.
Anyone else in for it I wonder? Next few teams coming through wouldn't have the same potential based on their U17 performances.

Angelo

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on January 13, 2021, 10:16:40 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 08:09:39 PM

100% agree. There was atleast an All Ireland appearence in those teams.
Anyone else in for it I wonder? Next few teams coming through wouldn't have the same potential based on their U17 performances.

The U17s really should have beaten Kerry last year (2019 Championship) in the quarters, a host of goal chances missed in the first half and a red card ended up costing them.

Mark Devlin (any relation to Paul?) looked to be the star of that team, centre forward and looked a class act. Young McGleenan at midfield also looks like he has serious potential - was surprised neither were involved at u20 level this year. I think we should give Ulster a good rattle but probably don't have as good a team for competing outside as we had in the past two seasons.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar