Cork Ladies GAA dominance

Started by Wildweasel74, September 29, 2013, 10:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Forget kerry the golden years or the greatest team ever in Kilkenny hurling team of the past 10yrs. Cork winning 8 ladies football titles in 9yrs  must be the most impressive of records

Wildweasel74

on another note, thats a fair tidy lass the current dublin captain Sinead McGoldrick on Rte

Wildweasel74

2 of the 3 ladies games changed they day when teams went down to 14 men, is the black card for a deliberate cynical foul next year not better enforced if the player carded does a 10 min in the sinbin giving the opposing team the advantage, and hence eliminate teams trying foul means to win out!

Milltown Row2

They have won a right few Camogie titles along the way, with a few dual stars.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

straightred

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 29, 2013, 10:32:15 PM
2 of the 3 ladies games changed they day when teams went down to 14 men, is the black card for a deliberate cynical foul next year not better enforced if the player carded does a 10 min in the sinbin giving the opposing team the advantage, and hence eliminate teams trying foul means to win out!

Good point but it creates its own problems. I only saw the senior game and the yellow was extremely harsh particularly in the context of some of the other tackling that was going on. Its a great rule when the ref gets it right but as we saw today that wont always be the case

nrico2006

Saw the Dub captain on RTE last night, very tidy.

Saw the highlights too, actually can't believe the referee allowed Monaghans last free to be hit when the Cork girl was standing right in the face of the kicker (who missed).
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Keyser soze

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 30, 2013, 08:11:21 AM

Saw the highlights too, actually can't believe the referee allowed Monaghans last free to be hit when the Cork girl was standing right in the face of the kicker (who missed).

Was thinking this myself, she was about 3 metres away from the kicker. The free shoulda been moved in as well for one of the Cork players throwing the ball away after the free was committed.

Bingo

Quote from: Keyser soze on September 30, 2013, 09:47:25 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 30, 2013, 08:11:21 AM

Was thinking this myself, she was about 3 metres away from the kicker. The free shoulda been moved in as well for one of the Cork players throwing the ball away after the free was committed.

Was at the game yesterday but never picked up on that. Mind you was trying to comfort my 5 year old lad at that stage as he was in tears when Cork went a point up! (His preschool teacher/afterschool teacher was playing!) The joys of sport.

Monaghan rode their luck at times, particularly in first half, but the full back line was exceptional. Both teams missed a few handy chances in second half but Cork always looked more dangerous. As the games winded down you just thought Monaghan where going to nick it, somehow but then the Cork midfielder kicked a worthy match winner when no one else wanted to take a chance.

Cork a bigger and fitter team. They were cluxton like with their kick outs and Monaghan failed to put any pressure on them. At the other end, Monaghan where slow and struggled with their kick outs.

On a side note, it was a farce trying to get into the match yesterday, arrived at stdium at 2pm and got into seats at 4.05. Ticket machine at Cloncliffe road rang out of ticket paper, didn't get it sorted or tell anyone what was happening. Stewards useless and then had to get over to North Circular road with children and older people in tag. Was told Davin was now open and it be ok, it wasn't and had to get back over to Lower Cusack. While i had no bother, it was tough on kids and older people.

And yes, we should have had tickets going up, but it was last minute thing really and it was widely advertised that tickets would be available on the day all around croke park.

T Fearon

armaghniac

QuoteAnd yes, we should have had tickets going up, but it was last minute thing really and it was widely advertised that tickets would be available on the day all around croke park.

With the stadium one quarter full why should they not make it possible to get it with minimum hassle!
Ticket office running out of paper is ridiculous.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Bingo

Quote from: armaghniac on September 30, 2013, 12:31:21 PM
QuoteAnd yes, we should have had tickets going up, but it was last minute thing really and it was widely advertised that tickets would be available on the day all around croke park.

With the stadium one quarter full why should they not make it possible to get it with minimum hassle!
Ticket office running out of paper is ridiculous.

Yes, you are correct. Just felt the need to qualify my post! Was hundreds in the same position.

What was more annoying was the lack of info and willingness to do anything to clarify to people what was happening.

JBM on the 21

Anyone know why the TV camera was situated on the Cusack Stand side of the field?

johnneycool

Quote from: JBM on the 21 on September 30, 2013, 01:06:31 PM
Anyone know why the TV camera was situated on the Cusack Stand side of the field?

As the Hogan is normally the only stand open on days like the Camogie final and ladies football looks better on TV to have the crowd in the background as looking into an empty Cusack stand as was the case until half a dozen years ago.

nrico2006

Quote from: johnneycool on September 30, 2013, 01:27:49 PM
Quote from: JBM on the 21 on September 30, 2013, 01:06:31 PM

As the Hogan is normally the only stand open on days like the Camogie final and ladies football looks better on TV to have the crowd in the background as looking into an empty Cusack stand as was the case until half a dozen years ago.

Saw the camogie finals and was thinking the viewing angle looked different and the only reason I could think of was to do with trying to get the side with crowd in the background so it would look better on tv.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BartSimpson

guwan the parish