Down v Armagh - Newry - 20 March 2010

Started by Shortso79, February 28, 2010, 12:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 23, 2010, 03:50:04 PM
Quote from: Stevie Nicks on March 23, 2010, 03:05:14 PM
Back page if Irish News today answers all those mourne folk who obviously got their facts wrong about M Clarke injury. Both Marty and James have said injury was not caused by McKeever. Wonder will there be any apologies forthcoming?
I won't defend some of Ciaran's activities on Sat night when if he had played football he would have served Armagh's cause better. However some of the abuse from some people here has been totally over the top!

Aye right....do you really think James and Marty are going to come out in the national press and say...."Yep....it was McKeever's fault"

No I don't expect them to come out in press with that comment as there is absolutely no evidence that he did cause it. My point is that too many posters on this forum added 2 and 2 together and got 5! There was people claiming serious injury was caused by C McKeever however it has since transpired that the 'injury' was so bad that Marty is fit to travel to Mullingar!!

T Fearon

What was Mc Cartan talking about in the Irsih News pre warning Marty that "he would come in for special attention" and to keep calm ???

FFS This lad has a long way to go before he's anything special. I mean last Wednesday in Croke Park I watched Joe Canning (at 21 he's about the same age as Clarke roughly) score 12 points and play Ballyhale practically on his own. All I saw from Clarke on Saturday night was a point from distance on the right. This lad is a long long road from superstardom, and must be the most over  hyped young player in the Country, just as for years Benny Coulter was over hyped.

camloughlad

i agree if mckeever had of hit someone else there wouldnt be as much fus over it,but because it was "marty clark" god forgive anyone who touches marty clark

norabeag

Quote from: camloughlad on March 23, 2010, 04:34:55 PM
i agree if mckeever had of hit someone else there wouldnt be as much fus over it,but because it was "marty clark" god forgive anyone who touches marty clark

Has Fearon spawned some offspring here?

behind the wire

It would appear so norabeag!

Granted there have been some people who have wrongly blamed mckeever for injuring marty clarke when in fact no one knows who caused the injury.

but the cause of the uproar is that mckeever stood over clarke as he was receiving treatment and hit him as soon as the doctor helped him to his feet.

and to be honest im not sure the reaction of the crowd would have been any different if it was any other player.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

guevara

Mr Fearon what a sad little individual you are!!
Get over it your team were comprehensively played off the park on Saturday evening & it wasnt the managers, refs, uninflated footballs or any other bullsh*t excuse you can think of!
The majority of decent Armagh folk on this have held their hands up & admitted Down out fought, out thought & out played Armagh.
Martin Clarke is a tremendous prospect & my betting is nearly every other County in the Country would love him to be turning out in their colours but by no means are we saying he is the finished article. He is still finding his feet at Senior level but thus far he has been a breath of fresh air to our County team.
Yes he is going to be targeted for "special attention" by players like McKeever but I would put that down to their own lack of belief that if they try to take him on in  a purely legitimate manner on the field that they will come out on top.
McKeever was shown up for what he is on Saturday night, a bully boy who's tactics back fired big time & was made to look like one very naive fella as he left the field.
As already stated true Armagh legends like the McEntees, McGrane, McGeeney & Co were as hard as youd come across but they conducted themselves in a manner & class were opponents & their supporters respected their talents.
Finally Benny Coulter has nothing to prove to an idiot like you. Ask any of your full back line if he is over rated & I can bet youd get a very different answer!!!
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: behind the wire on March 23, 2010, 05:00:47 PM
It would appear so norabeag!

Granted there have been some people who have wrongly blamed mckeever for injuring marty clarke when in fact no one knows who caused the injury.

but the cause of the uproar is that mckeever stood over clarke as he was receiving treatment and hit him as soon as the doctor helped him to his feet.

and to be honest im not sure the reaction of the crowd would have been any different if it was any other player.

Not only blamed Ciaran McKeever in the wrong but also got quite personal about Ciaran which has no place on any forum!! I again will back up my opinion that I wish Ciaran would concentrate on his football and develop himself into one of the best CHB in the country because the potential is there and not give some posters any more ammunition.

ziggysego

I'm enjoying watching Tony go into meltdown on this thread.  :D
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

ziggy I am 14 years and 361 days of Armagh not defeating Down away from meltdown. I was 10 times more annoyed two years ago when Westmeath gave our proper team a right going over in Mullingar, than I was leaving Newry last Saturday ;)

Trevor Hill

Are Westmeath Armaghs rivals now? Nothing like beating the oul neighbours, but its not much to brag about thesse days.  ;D

magickingdom

Quote from: T Fearon on March 23, 2010, 04:21:47 PM
What was Mc Cartan talking about in the Irsih News pre warning Marty that "he would come in for special attention" and to keep calm ???

FFS This lad has a long way to go before he's anything special. I mean last Wednesday in Croke Park I watched Joe Canning (at 21 he's about the same age as Clarke roughly) score 12 points and play Ballyhale practically on his own. All I saw from Clarke on Saturday night was a point from distance on the right. This lad is a long long road from superstardom, and must be the most over  hyped young player in the Country, just as for years Benny Coulter was over hyped.

tony, tony what are you like? having watched tadhg kennelly get better by the day last year i've no doubt marty clarke will do the same, hes a class act. benny coulter is another one. i think down could go along way this year with tyrone fading (yet again) and armagh even further behind...

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ziggysego on March 23, 2010, 07:42:11 PM
I'm enjoying watching Tony go into meltdown on this thread.  :D

It is quite funny!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

T Fearon

Down went far last year...al the way to Wicklow and look what happened ;D

I doubt if Sam will be visiting either Down or Armagh this year but I'd be quietly optimistic about Armagh having a longer summer than Down

stew

Quote from: magickingdom on March 23, 2010, 09:09:07 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on March 23, 2010, 04:21:47 PM

uote]

tony, tony what are you like? having watched tadhg kennelly get better by the day last year i've no doubt marty clarke will do the same, hes a class act. benny coulter is another one. i think down could go along way this year with tyrone fading (yet again) and armagh even further behind...

FFS lads, it is the national league we are talking about here, the teams are not trying to peak now, they are trying to peak during the Championship season and given the heavy conditioning some teams are doing right now it is no wonder we are seeing sub par performances from teams and that there is a lot of inconsistency out there.

Take Tyrone for example, they are not exactly setting the world alight, Kerry rarely do at this time of the year but but both teams will be there or there abouts at the arse end of the season.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on March 23, 2010, 10:00:52 PM
Down went far last year...al the way to Wicklow and look what happened ;D

I doubt if Sam will be visiting either Down or Armagh this year but I'd be quietly optimistic about Armagh having a longer summer than Down

Where are they going on their hols?
Testing Accessibility