?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Angelo

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 30, 2020, 09:12:22 AM
The problems with Celtic at the moment run deeper than NL. The players and backroom staff also are culpable. That he has run out road is undoubtedly true. The denigration of what he has achieved as a player and manager by some fans is uncalled for. Mickey Harte is a legend in Tyrone but even he came to the finishing point. Unfortunately in modern soccer the ending of managerial careers is no longer dignified. The rabble outside the ground yesterday have made the job of letting Lennon go harder, I for one would not allow them to have their way. If or when Rangers go on and lift the league it will be good for Scottish football. Celtic's failures this year have stemmed from players like Edouard thinking he's Messi, (he wouldn't  start for Dundalk on current form), and wanting a move. He wouldn't get a look in at a big club in Europe. He can't score against Ross County FFS. Griffiths keeps kissing the badge but can't get fit, Brown is done, I could go on. The back room team and player acquisition have also let the club down. It is in my view it is a collective failure. Lennon and Brown are club legends whether you like it or not and deserve a dignified exit.

You changed your tune from when Ronny Deila was in charge.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Applesisapples

Quote from: themac_23 on November 30, 2020, 09:22:58 AM
The problems with Celtic at the moment run deeper than NL. The players and backroom staff also are culpable. That he has run out road is undoubtedly true. The denigration of what he has achieved as a player and manager by some fans is uncalled for. Mickey Harte is a legend in Tyrone but even he came to the finishing point. Unfortunately in modern soccer the ending of managerial careers is no longer dignified. The rabble outside the ground yesterday have made the job of letting Lennon go harder, I for one would not allow them to have their way. If or when Rangers go on and lift the league it will be good for Scottish football. Celtic's failures this year have stemmed from players like Edouard thinking he's Messi, (he wouldn't  start for Dundalk on current form), and wanting a move. He wouldn't get a look in at a big club in Europe. He can't score against Ross County FFS. Griffiths keeps kissing the badge but can't get fit, Brown is done, I could go on. The back room team and player acquisition have also let the club down. It is in my view it is a collective failure. Lennon and Brown are club legends whether you like it or not and deserve a dignified exit.
Firstly, I am not looking for bites but expressing an opinion, I did not say that NL should be excused or stay but that the exit should be dignified and given his record. Not to mention the abuse he got from the so called GAWA and bigots in Scotland.
No harm mate but you're at it and most certainly looking for bites, not let them have their way? aye throw away the rest of the season and stick with a manager who has clearly lost the dressing room because a few supporters turned up and shouted nasty things at players as they drove away in their car? great business sense, if they dont bin him now the season ticket sales for next season will be through the floor and the cash cow will dry up. not a good way to run a PLC is it? has to go, rightly or wrongly its pas the point of no return its best for everyone that he leaves.

on the players, players go off the boil, thats part of football but players who have swept all before them dont all have their form fall off a cliff unless there's more to it, the more clearly being they have stopped reacting to Lennon and are sick of his stupid public statements and talking complete rubbish every time there's a mic near him, god only knows what he's telling them when they are in training. man has to go, the fact he was a good player for us is irrelevant, better players and managers the world over have been given the boot, sentiment has no place in making decisions.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Angelo on November 30, 2020, 09:32:56 AM

Ah Jesus wept! No comparison.

bennydorano

Hopefully the shower of French c***ts go out the door with Lennon, they are the cancer in the club, clear as day.

Angelo

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 30, 2020, 09:47:50 AM

Oh there's huge comparisons with Deila. Deila's last season is almost identical to Lennon's so far but Lennon has a far stronger and more expensively assembled squad than Deila had. In fact it's worse, we have fallen at earlier hurdles in every metric than Deila's last season so far. We went out two rounds earlier in the CL. The Europa League has been an identical campaign, only we didn't ship a couple fo 4-1 hammerings. We have exited the League Cup a round earlier.

Deila also didn't treat his players and the fans with contempt, he didn't come out to the press, tell us we were unlucky, chuck the players under the bus at every opportunity he got. What Lennon has done this season has insulted the fans. The fans aren't idiots, they can see the games and they shouldn't be told we have been unlucky against inferior opposition when we haven't, not once has he put his hands up and taken responsibility for his awful selections, the complete absence of tactics and general things that should be corrected on the training ground like set play concessions. That's his job and while he was happy to remind the fans what he won he did not want to take any blame for the failings. His own arrogance has been his undoing.

Deila had the decency to announce he'd be leaving after the Rangers defeat. If Lennon had any honour or shame he'd do the same thing today.

Angelo

Quote from: bennydorano on November 30, 2020, 10:05:30 AM
Hopefully the shower of French c***ts go out the door with Lennon, they are the cancer in the club, clear as day.

Lennon has Edouard to thank he was in a job so long. Edouard has carried this team for 18 months now and it's no surprise that when his form fell of a cliff Celtic could barely win a game.

Edouard and Jullien have missed a lot of games this season and our form has been rank rotten with them in the team or without them in the team so it's bizarre to pin the blame on them. The big issue is that Lennon has been selecting his mates automatically regardless of form or fitness, that's the major issue - it disgruntles players on the fringes, it creates a culture whereby how you train or perform becomes irrelevant and standards drop. That's what has happened and Lennon's arrogance in not taking on board criticism and not taking responsibility for his failings has lost him the players.

bennydorano

straightred

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 30, 2020, 08:55:10 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on November 29, 2020, 02:05:17 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 28, 2020, 07:42:32 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on November 28, 2020, 07:13:46 PM
I wonder if it'll ever dawn on Celtic supporters that the key to them becoming more competitive in Europe, isn't the board, or the manager, but a more competitive league that they don't win every season.

If the league isn't competitive, international interest (sponsorship, tv money, plus player awareness) wanes. If the league isn't competitive, local interest (attendance, sponsorship, tv money, plus player awareness) wanes.

You simply won't attract top international talent to live in shitty, miserable Glasgow as it stands. The core competition is unattractive, and for the most part of the world, unknown.

Teams from the Czech, Danish, Austrian etc leagues have done well in Europe in recent years.

Sevco are going very well in Europe at present.

Celtic should be doing a hell of a lot better with both the playing squad they have and the money they have in the bank.

We have Scrooge in the boardroom and a chap who is probably not good enough to manage Glenavon overseeing the on field activities.

Are you not mortified to be so far behind a club that (as you put it) was only formed just 8 years ago? Would it not be easier and less embarrassing to call them Rangers?
I don't think any Celtic supporter actually believes the Service nonsense. Rangers the club did not disappear, their ownership changed in the same way many other businesses change hands, in the same way Desmond has effectively replaced Celtic's previous owners.
Well your thinking is very very wrong then. Rangers the club did disappear. This wasn't administration. It was liquidation. You can't unliquidate something. When its done its done. They set up a new company and then started renaming stuff in the hope that no-one would notice. We did notice and we'll never let them forget it. They ran up a mountain of debt, shafted the creditors and then want everyone to behave as if nothing happened. When Celtic were faced with a similar situation in the 90s the fans and McCann dug deep and avoided liquidation. That's the difference - it has absolutely nothing to do with Desmond replacing Celtic's previous owners.
Their next title will be their first one.

straightred

Quote from: Angelo on November 30, 2020, 09:30:12 AM
Quote from: uimhr ocht on November 29, 2020, 10:51:03 PM
It will be difficult getting a decent manager in now probably someone till end of the season,lawwell forced a backroom team onto lennon condition he had to take before taking over,lawwell interferes with the footballing side of things to much example being he brought players in during rodgers era he didnt want probably why Rodgers left,what manager would want to come in not having full control over management team and transfers.

Lawwell is the big problem. The reason Lennon was appointed is due to a lot of what you have said, Lawwell wanted a yes man who he had complete control over. Lennon had came off the back of failed spells at Hibs and Bolton, he was indebted to Lawwell for making him Celtic boss first time around and this time too and he wasn't going to rock the boat like Rodgers.

The McGinn saga was the straw that broke the back for Rodgers, scrimping over a few hundred k for the best midfielder in the league.

Lawwell is your typical capitalist pig, all he cares about is the bottom line, on field activities don't bother him one iota as long as the club is making money for him to cream off. The highest paid football exec there in European football a few years back when Celtic were shopping around the bargain basement for new players and selling off their top men. He is a cancer and hopefully the fans don't stop at Lennon. If we lose 10IAR I hope the pressure then really mounts on Lawwell.

Steady on with the language. There is no value in calling someone a pig on an online forum.

straightred

Quote from: themac_23 on November 30, 2020, 08:07:47 AM
I won't have a go at the fans who protested last night, many have given the club hundreds of pounds to watch streams of games and poured money into the club buying merchandise, yet Lennon comes out and treats us like idiots with every press conference, telling us its just hysteria on social media and everything is fine when its quite clear we are hopeless. the fact fans aren't allowed in the stadium has sheltered Lennon from the feelings of the fans, it has also kept him in a job because there is no way he'd still be Celtic manager if there were 60k fans in the stadium watching some of these so called performances. the fans have had enough, and by not being able to vent its built up and built up then Lennon pissing on us and telling us its raining has made things 100 times worse and the supporters just blew, completely understandable in the circumstances, I just hope it was enough to get Lennon to leave/ sacked whatever and we can dust ourselves down and start to build again

None of us wanted to see that last night. However can you imagine what it would have been like if there were fans at the game. Lennon would have been in no doubt so in that sense it was understandable that they did this to make themselves heard. Throw in the fact that its a sunday evening and there's probably beer on board and the frustration boils over.

It shouldn't have come to this. Lennon was a great servant to the club and he got disgraceful abuse along the way with no support form the Scottish hierarchy. However, he is not and never was a good manager. The board should have faced up to this weeks if not months ago.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Angelo on November 30, 2020, 10:09:23 AM

Oh there's huge comparisons with Deila. Deila's last season is almost identical to Lennon's so far but Lennon has a far stronger and more expensively assembled squad than Deila had. In fact it's worse, we have fallen at earlier hurdles in every metric than Deila's last season so far. We went out two rounds earlier in the CL. The Europa League has been an identical campaign, only we didn't ship a couple fo 4-1 hammerings. We have exited the League Cup a round earlier.

Deila also didn't treat his players and the fans with contempt, he didn't come out to the press, tell us we were unlucky, chuck the players under the bus at every opportunity he got. What Lennon has done this season has insulted the fans. The fans aren't idiots, they can see the games and they shouldn't be told we have been unlucky against inferior opposition when we haven't, not once has he put his hands up and taken responsibility for his awful selections, the complete absence of tactics and general things that should be corrected on the training ground like set play concessions. That's his job and while he was happy to remind the fans what he won he did not want to take any blame for the failings. His own arrogance has been his undoing.

Deila had the decency to announce he'd be leaving after the Rangers defeat. If Lennon had any honour or shame he'd do the same thing today.
First I am in no way excusing Lennon, nor have I said he should stay. But as a long time servant of the club his departure should be dignified.

Angelo

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 30, 2020, 10:43:13 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 30, 2020, 10:09:23 AM

First I am in no way excusing Lennon, nor have I said he should stay. But as a long time servant of the club his departure should be dignified.

It should have been but Lennon's arrogance and ego brought this about.

Lennon was a guy who was blessed to play for Celtic for as long as he did and captain him. He became a fan favourite not because of his football ability but his background. He then got to manage the club despite the fact he did not have the credentials to do so. Celtic gave him so much more than he gave Celtic. It's sad that it's going to end on a sour note but that's all on Lennon, when you preside over those type of results and performances and refuse to take any responsibility for it you are going to alienate the fans.

The club had no problem taking money from the fans this year when they couldn't get near the stadium so to have the manager treat them like they came down in the last shower after every pathetic performance just won't wash.

illdecide

One thing that i have always said regarding the Board and other Social Media is never post something up that you wouldn't say to that persons face, I know guys can act the big fella behind the keyboard and mutter pure shite acting the big lad but if the fella was standing face to face with you would say the same thing? Some would but most wouldn't.

Everyone is clear here and everywhere else that NL has to go but as i stated yesterday so should a few players too who downed tools and are getting paid substantial amounts of money to do a job. If you don't do your own job your boss will get rid of you so why are footballers any different as not one there gives a toss about Celtic, them French guys are there for the coin and a means to a richer move somewhere else and couldn't give one f**k about NL or Celtic. Spoilt brats who always get their way no matter what, having to tiptoe around them afraid of saying the wrong thing incase you offend them. Jasus don't dare shout at one or else. Joke...

As for managers to replace NL...I'd go short term for this season with Gordon Strachan or MON& Keane just to salvage the season and give a bit of time to get the right man in instead of rushing it. Sevco (which are a separate club) will be hard to stop but the right man in at Celtic and rally them fannies men should get some reaction (as long as they don't shout at them, a hug will do) and who knows...Sevco will have their bad patch and it's up to Celtic to capitalise on this...Gonna be an interesting 6 months
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on November 30, 2020, 11:19:26 AM
One thing that i have always said regarding the Board and other Social Media is never post something up that you wouldn't say to that persons face, I know guys can act the big fella behind the keyboard and mutter pure shite acting the big lad but if the fella was standing face to face with you would say the same thing? Some would but most wouldn't.

Everyone is clear here and everywhere else that NL has to go but as i stated yesterday so should a few players too who downed tools and are getting paid substantial amounts of money to do a job. If you don't do your own job your boss will get rid of you so why are footballers any different as not one there gives a toss about Celtic, them French guys are there for the coin and a means to a richer move somewhere else and couldn't give one f**k about NL or Celtic. Spoilt brats who always get their way no matter what, having to tiptoe around them afraid of saying the wrong thing incase you offend them. Jasus don't dare shout at one or else. Joke...

As for managers to replace NL...I'd go short term for this season with Gordon Strachan or MON& Keane just to salvage the season and give a bit of time to get the right man in instead of rushing it. Sevco (which are a separate club) will be hard to stop but the right man in at Celtic and rally them fannies men should get some reaction (as long as they don't shout at them, a hug will do) and who knows...Sevco will have their bad patch and it's up to Celtic to capitalise on this...Gonna be an interesting 6 months

Those French guys are there for the coin? Aye?

What's Neil Lennon there for? A vocation is it? Not worried about the money at all?

Strachan was a lucky manager at his peak, MON is yesterday's man and with Roy Keane at his side he is a complete and utter liability.

I think we need a short term solution for this season, someone like Allardyce is the best bet for me to come in and see the season out, throw a nice little £1m bonus if he wins the league. He has a track record in taking jobs on and turning the fortunes about of clubs.

6th sam

Quote from: bennydorano on November 30, 2020, 10:05:30 AM

Do you realise That's potentially racist , never mind pure conjecture. How would u feel if English Man United fans, said that about their Irish players, with alleged party attitude back in the day when they were looking rid off Ron Atkinson?