M50

Started by saffron, November 16, 2007, 08:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: scalder on December 12, 2007, 05:02:54 PMDublin subsidies the rest of the country I believe.

Hmm ... then how come I get to pay for DART, LUAS, Dublin Bus, the new subway, more motorway than the rest of the country combined, the spire, the boardwalk, etc. etc?

amallon

I heard on the last word one night that they won't persue Northerners for the toll its just not cost effective to do so.  Are the introducing barrier free tolling at any other locations apart from the M50?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Tankie

Quote from: amallon on July 22, 2008, 12:04:59 PM
I heard on the last word one night that they won't persue Northerners for the toll its just not cost effective to do so.  Are the introducing barrier free tolling at any other locations apart from the M50?

No only on the M50. but thats what i was saying in my last post, northerns will be expected to pay but if they dont well they wont do much untell you car gets impounded or is involved in an accident etc!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Tankie

Quote from: Hardy on July 22, 2008, 11:41:52 AM
Quote from: scalder on December 12, 2007, 05:02:54 PMDublin subsidies the rest of the country I believe.

Hmm ... then how come I get to pay for DART, LUAS, Dublin Bus, the new subway, more motorway than the rest of the country combined, the spire, the boardwalk, etc. etc?

you forget about all those costly bus routes down the country that are rarely used but are still ran at a loss!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Hardy

Oh OK then. You really blew me out of the water there.

armaghniac

Out of towners, including persons from the occupied 6, generally might get away with passing the toll once or twice, but if they are making any sort of habit of it then they will pass the unpaid bill over to debt collectors. When this happens the cost of settling things might be quite large. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Tankie on July 22, 2008, 12:17:39 PM

you forget about all those costly bus routes down the country that are rarely used but are still ran at a loss!

Have you ever been on a bone shaaker of a bus from dublin down west firstly your lucky if firstly bus makes it because its about 25 years old and and for this service you pay €30  secondly once you pass the shannon the roads are f**king shit a f**king disgrace for a so called developed country and to think that we are meant to have nct's on our cars its a joke.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Tankie

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 23, 2008, 09:24:44 AM
Quote from: Tankie on July 22, 2008, 12:17:39 PM

Have you ever been on a bone shaaker of a bus from dublin down west firstly your lucky if firstly bus makes it because its about 25 years old and and for this service you pay €30  secondly once you pass the shannon the roads are f**king shit a f**king disgrace for a so called developed country and to think that we are meant to have nct's on our cars its a joke.

I got a bus to westport a few years back and i will never do it again, also there is nothing developed about our transport system, the country is a joke when it comes to any public service.
Grand Slam Saturday!

downgirl

Has anyone in the north signed up for eflow??  Was looking at the site there and to get a tag you get it free initally but you need to pay €1 per month, which is going to be €12 a year, then saw in the fine print  Please note that your account will be charged the Initial Start-Up Amount of €40 in August 2008.  Don't think I will bother signing up for it now I have seen that actually...

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: downgirl on August 05, 2008, 10:17:50 PM
Has anyone in the north signed up for eflow??  Was looking at the site there and to get a tag you get it free initally but you need to pay €1 per month, which is going to be €12 a year, then saw in the fine print  Please note that your account will be charged the Initial Start-Up Amount of €40 in August 2008.  Don't think I will bother signing up for it now I have seen that actually...
Your account will only be charged €40 if you opt for the pre-paid account,there is a option for a post-paid account where you don't have to pay anything up front,I have just ordered 3 tags and haven't had to pay a penny
You'll Never Walk Alone.

downgirl

Oh right ok sounds good then I will look at it again tomorrow!  Thanks Laoislad.

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 05, 2008, 10:52:44 PM
Quote from: downgirl on August 05, 2008, 10:17:50 PM
Your account will only be charged €40 if you opt for the pre-paid account,there is a option for a post-paid account where you don't have to pay anything up front,I have just ordered 3 tags and haven't had to pay a penny

is it more expensive that way?

Also i know its technically not the M50 but does anyone know what is happening on the N7 from Citywest to the red cow interchange? there is a sign for roadworks to start August 5th and i seen tonight that they were starting something. is this the Newlands cross upgrade as i didnt think that was starting for another year or so.
Grand Slam Saturday!

downgirl

I'd say it depends how much you use it, €12 per year but then each time you pass its only €2, whereas if you don't have it then its €3.  If you use it a lot then it probably does end up being a good investment.  I'd say I'm only on it 6-10 times a year so I don't know whether to get it or not.

Double Cross

UK/NI registerd cars can use the M50 free of charge. It doesnt matter if they decide to drive up and down all day, they wont be charged.
There will be Automatic Number Plate Recognition cameras (ANPR) cameras fitted at the plaza  to check for un-taxed Irish reg cars. No tax and you will be getting a NIP (notice in post) or a fine in any other language.

saffron

How do you know Ni registered cars wont pay? From what I heard they had the issue of Northern cars covered.

Tried to sign up for eflow but the website wont let you select visa just laser in another quality move by the government / NRA  - any wonder most people dont have a tag.

Have signed up with eazypass which looks about the same and their web site works.

Anyway heres hoping it makes a big difference cause to be fair that road has improved no end from the way it was but with PLENTY of room for more improvement....