McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotedObserver

This is the McKenna cup lads

tbrick18

Quote from: NotedObserver on January 15, 2024, 12:33:25 AMThis is the McKenna cup lads

Yeah but with Derry v Donegal in the first round of the ulster championship the mckenna final has a bit more context than just being the mckenna cup.
I think both teams will go out to win it with as strong a side as they can put out.

From a Derry POV, I'd like to see us protecting some of our more established players for the league ahead. Rest them for the final and play the fringe players instead. A great opportunity to assess them against tougher competition. I'd hate to get an injury to Rogers/Mcguigan/Mckinless etc in a Mckenna cup game that potentially rules them out of league and championship, especially as we already are likely to be without the Glen men for a while at least.

Wildweasel74

Like the man said , it's the McKenna cup, zero reference from 3/4 months time.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Mario

A strong Derry team named. Good to see McCluskey back before the Kerry game

J70

Reasonably strong Donegal team

tbrick18

I'm actually looking forward to this game. Two strong sides named for time of year.

Some interesting positional selections from Harte.

marty34

Is this game on tv anywhere?

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

JoG2

intheknowhow

Can't believe it's not on Tg4.Strange to opt with O'Byrne cup

p3427977

Quote from: intheknowhow on January 20, 2024, 11:55:21 AMCan't believe it's not on Tg4.Strange to opt with O'Byrne cup
On TG4 YouTube though isn't it?

intheknowhow

Quote from: p3427977 on January 20, 2024, 01:05:55 PM
Quote from: intheknowhow on January 20, 2024, 11:55:21 AMCan't believe it's not on Tg4.Strange to opt with O'Byrne cup
On TG4 YouTube though isn't it?

Try telling that my 70 year old father ...