Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: drici on March 29, 2009, 02:34:03 AM
Pure unadulterated amaidí!

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Go up to your attic and look at the match programmes from the fifties.

Arwagh - Aye dead on!

In other words, the GAA community and Armagh CB have got it right and you have got it wrong.

Drici, you are wrong about grammar.

Since when did you become a renowned expert on the language anyway?

No need to answer that, I know you aren't an expert by the reply you have given already.  If you were, you could have referred me to other people to back what you are saying.  I will go by Grammar rules, for my spelling, thanks.  :)
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

drici

"ardmhachaabu"
Get off your pathetic knees and stand up.

Grammar versus cainnt na ndaoiní?

Hence Armagh and not your Arwagh amaidí - never heard anyone calling Armagh this Arwagh name.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: drici on March 29, 2009, 02:44:59 AM
Get of your pathetic knees and stand up.

Grammar versus cainnt na ndaoiní?

Hence Armagh and not your Arwagh amaidí - never heard anyone calling Armagh this Arwagh name.
You are absolutely clueless, as I thought  :D

Oh and... your pronunciation is way off, as I would expect from someone who is bluffing their way through the language.  ;D
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

drici

Well done Aontroim ar scor ar bith.

(This other poster thinks he is from Arwagh - ah well )

Saffrons

Great win last night, previous Antrim teams would have bottled it.
I knew Sean Kelly wasn't a hurler :D.

Dubh driocht

Hardstation, I normally enjoy your assessments but WGAF about the Armagh thing - give us some detail on your win.Comhghairdeas BTW

Dubh driocht

That's better.So will CJ eat humble pie and ask for a reprieve?

imtommygunn

Great result - one game to go isn't it?

Still very far from a foregone conclusion but unbeaten so far is promising at least.

imtommygunn

You could be right

worst case scenario waterford win remaining 2 games and sligo win their one. antrim and sligo would then be level second. We have 40 better of a score difference which you'd imagine would be hard to turn round for sligo in one game.

interesting to see tipp on top of division 3, maybe last year wasn't as bad as we thought...

imtommygunn

Ah, good old gaa.ie.

Happy days then.

Gold

happy days.

Tipp were lucky as fcuk to get up last year after we blew it against them and then the b*stard Deise.
Look at Tipp now--Div 2!

I hope we go down there and tank Waterford.

McGreevy never touched the ball for the 1st 17 minutes last night--we shudda bean outta sight by then.

Aidso was magic, Mick McCann was good, took a few fantastic score in each half(one from outide of right boot from the 45) but  was too hesitant on the ball, overcarrying and carrying into trouble, nearly giving away a goal at the end. Paddy Cunningham took the goal well but doesnt offer anything from play and i hate seeing him hitting frees from 50 metres--fair enough he kicked one--but missed 2--it slows the whole play down and we cant afford to do this unless hes gonna kick 9 out of 10.
McVeigh was impressive at full back and Loughrey was flying as usual. Crozier did well and Scullion took a good early score before decidin to kick aimless balls away over the full forward lines heads as per usual--very frustrating--he never sees the early handpass to put a man into space, holds the ball too long, then kicks it away.
Pollock worked hard but want a scoring threat and Dougan took a few good scores and generally the correct option. Murray came on and won the 1st ball that he had no right to win--did well.
MCKeever took a good early score and worked hard but his timing under a high ball didnt appear great for a big man.
We are mot dangerous when our half backs, midfielders or Tomas is flying through, other than that we struggle from play--its obvious our half back lines(if Scullion plays it simple) and midfield are our best lines and the only worry is that our light forward line may struggle for scores when faced with bigger, thicker defenders come championship v Donegal and Div 3 and further up the leagues.

But nice to see a good win when the heart wasnt too much in the mouth and rare that i actually believed we had the win wrapped up entering into the one minute of injury time!
Ireland winning a Grand Slam and Anrim actually getting out of Div 4 --whats going on!!

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Gold

Quote from: Gold on March 29, 2009, 11:29:52 PM
happy days.

Tipp were lucky as fcuk to get up last year after we blew it against them and then the b*stard Deise.
Look at Tipp now--Div 2!

I hope we go down there and tank Waterford.

McGreevy never touched the ball for the 1st 17 minutes last night--we shudda bean outta sight by then.

Aidso was magic, Mick McCann was good, took a few fantastic scores in each half(one from outside of right boot from the 45) but  was too hesitant on the ball, overcarrying and carrying into trouble, nearly giving away a goal at the end. Paddy Cunningham took the goal well but doesnt offer anything from play and i hate seeing him hitting frees from 50 metres--fair enough he kicked one--but missed 2--it slows the whole play down and we cant afford to do this unless hes gonna kick 9 out of 10.
McVeigh was impressive at full back and Loughrey was flying as usual. Crozier did well and Scullion took a good early score before decidin to kick aimless balls away over the full forward lines heads as per usual--very frustrating--he never sees the early handpass to put a man into space, holds the ball too long, then kicks it away.
Pollock worked hard but wasnt a scoring threat and Dougan took a few good scores and generally the correct option. Murray came on and won the 1st ball that he had no right to win--did well.
MCKeever took a good early score and worked hard but his timing under a high ball didnt appear great for a big man.
We are most dangerous when our half backs, midfielders or Tomas is flying through, other than that we struggle from play--its obvious our half back lines(if Scullion plays it simple) and midfield are our best lines and the only worry is that our light forward line may struggle for scores when faced with bigger, thicker defenders come championship v Donegal and Div 3 and further up the leagues.

But nice to see a good win when the heart wasnt too much in the mouth and rare that i actually believed we had the win wrapped up entering into the one minute of injury time!
Ireland winning a Grand Slam and Anrim actually getting out of Div 4 --whats going on!!

Gold

any predictions for the opening round of the league?

wonder how Glenavy will get on v St Galls.

firehill

Dont think glenavey will get a sniff against the galls to be honest....

they beat our club (lamhs) by a few last week in a challenge game,  we were missing 6 (including cunnigham,finucane,murray) and they were missing 3 from what i was told by their management.  glenavey have a few decent youngsters playing from what i seen. one in the corner and one at wing forward.

our seniors switched from tomorrow to wed night against gort na mona @ gort... big game for both teams to start the season. never thought id see the day we'd be in div 2.

aontroim

Antrim Div 1 Football

St. Pauls    1-5   2-18   St. Brigids   
Cargin    0-12   2-5   Creggan Kickhams      
St. Galls    0-13   1-4   Glenavy   
St. Johns    0-6   4-8   Portglenone      
Rasharkin    0-8   1-14   Moneyglass

Antrim Div 2 Football

St. Endas    1-8   0-7   St. Marys   
Tir na Nog    0-7   0-4   Sarsfields   
Rossa    0-11   0-11   Ahoghill

Antrim Div 3 Football

Cargin    0-0   0-0   Rasharkin   
St. Agnes    1-2   3-17   Aldergrove   
St. Teresas    1-13   2-12   St. Galls   
Glenravel    1-3   2-7   Ardoyne   
Mc Dermotts    0-7   0-12   Davitts   

Antrim Div 4 Football

Lamh Dhearg    0-0   0-0   St. Malachys   
Creggan Kickhams 2-7   0-11   St. Pauls   
Gort Na Mona  0-0 0-0   Eire Og
Glenavy 2-7 2-6   Cargin   
Portglenone 1-9   1-6   St. Johns   

Antrim Div 5 Football

St. Galls    0-8   0-9   Aldergrove   
O Donnells    2-12   1-4   Ballymena   
St. Endas    0-0   0-0   St. Brigids   
Dunloy    2-9   1-5   Sarsfields

Antrim Div 6 Football

Tir na Nog    2-10   1-19   Moneyglass   
Mitchels    0-0   0-0   Antrim      
Ahoghill    0-6   3-11   Lisburn

First full round of fixtures.  In all seriousness things have gone awfully bad for Glenravel - hard to believe where they are now compared to a few short years ago.