Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDoc

On Target.

Antrim 3- 19 London 0-4

Antrim senior footballers took one more small but significant step forward tonight, when they met and comprehensively defeated a comparatively weak London team, at Casement Park. It is tempting to suggest that London, tonight, triggered memories, for this writer at least, of some past performances of a fragmented and much weaker Antrim team than we have today. London had all too many scoring opportunities but seemingly could not find the target. It is perhaps enough said to suggest that the London forward line were not confident.

By contrast Antrim half backs, mid fielders half forwards and forwards, almost without exception were frequently demonstrating their new found skills and coordinated team work and in direct consequence were involved in successfully attacking a vulnerable London defence. In all ten Antrim players racked up scores; that again has to be an impressive performance by any standards, weaker opposition notwithstanding.

Bradley's lads are improving measurably and performing well. These are early days, with tougher trials to come – Antrim players are under no illusions.  There is much still to do and horn-blowing or back-slapping are not options. But even the begrudger's should be coming around to wondering, what is going on, or even thinking that there are signs of some real progress taking place within Antrim's recent  efforts. It will probably take more than that for some but promotion was a goal at outset; it is now within sight and concentration on finishing the task is  the immediate imperative. Come out and give them your full support.

Antrim players are increasingly able to demonstrate their structured training, in terms of there being more in evidence of good team-work with a better understanding of the advantages of having good set pieces and drill disciplines, which help keep the ball moving forward quickly. The availability of a strong back-up, by way of additional honed players, keen to get on board at any opportunity, adds a positive dimension to the Antrim side. Colm Fleming took his opportunity to impress tonight,as a late sub, with a very well taken goal. This is another case of  a good job well done – keep going - you are right on target. 

The following players featured in Antrim's win tonight:
Paddy Cunningham 1-06, Michael Pollock 1 - 02 , Colm Fleming 23 1 – 00 , Tomás Mc Cann 0 - 3 , Mark Dougan 0 – 2 , Deaghlan O'Hagan 0- 1 , James Loughrey 0 – 1 ,Dara Edwards 0 -1 ,  Aodhan Gallagher 0 – 1 ,Kevin Brady 0 – 1 and Patrick Carey 0 –
Lawrence Smyth County PRO
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand

TheDoc

Colm Fleming couldn't make the u21 side, but comes on as a sub for the seniors?  ???

Quote from: Minder on March 22, 2009, 12:10:45 AM
Quote from: milltown row on March 21, 2009, 11:59:15 PM
i heard a lot of the under 21's were dropped for tonights game. what happened there?
The devil drink?

Going to the Hatfield on Thursday night instead of training and leaving an abusive voice mail to a Mr.Bradley.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand

Minder

Young CJ has more of the brother in him than i thought
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

You have a  while obsession with that boy minder...

Leitrim beat today which should help us though it just shows you that waterford are not to be underestimated.

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 22, 2009, 09:03:56 PM

Leitrim beat today which should help us though it just shows you that waterford are not to be underestimated.

Not at all, just think he is a p***k & if what The Doc said is true then CJ will have a similar inter county career to "Shaws Rd" - i.e. a very brief one.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Minder on March 22, 2009, 09:22:14 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 22, 2009, 09:03:56 PM

Not at all, just think he is a p***k & if what The Doc said is true then CJ will have a similar inter county career to "Shaws Rd" - i.e. a very brief one.
his heads up his own ass

PlayWithTheWind

Quote from: TheDoc on March 22, 2009, 04:17:49 PM
Colm Fleming couldn't make the u21 side, but comes on as a sub for the seniors?  ???

i heard a lot of the under 21's were dropped for tonights game. what happened there?
The devil drink?

Going to the Hatfield on Thursday night instead of training and leaving an abusive voice mail to a Mr.Bradley.

If that is the case I am a little bit surprised at Justin Croizer
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

passedit

Quote from: hardstation on March 22, 2009, 09:07:41 PM
Underestimated? Fecking underestimated? Them buckos don't follow the fecking rules. Bate by London (who are really crap) last week and then bate Leitrim this week.

How in the name of Jaysus can you tell what they're like? They should be disqualified for being a shower of eejits!

London were indeed really crap on saturday night but have been competitive in all their previous games this year. You should try getting straight off a plane and playing an important game which is what they had to do on saturday. Added to that they were probably shitting themselves as some clown had booked them all into the Park Avenue on the Holywood Rd.  :o
Don't Panic

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: TheDoc on March 22, 2009, 04:17:49 PM

The devil drink?

It always comes down to that simple thing...respect!!!

ExiledGael

Respect for themselves even, that's the saddest thing.

mrsandman

Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

imtommygunn

So are stories no-one can be sure are the real truth on a message board...

Gold

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 23, 2009, 05:14:40 PM

you can take it as Gospel
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

ExiledGael

Even if that message story isn't true they're certainly guilty of something. Would love to see Antrim get the hell out of that Division and at least win a game or two come summer, but the truth is a few of them don't deserve it. You can't say your surprised even to hear shit like this.

mrsandman

Quote from: ExiledGael on March 23, 2009, 07:11:24 PM

Even if that message story isn't true they're certainly guilty of something. Would love to see Antrim get the hell out of that Division and at least win a game or two come summer, but the truth is a few of them don't deserve it. You can't say your surprised even to hear shit like this.

Aye its happened before, Bradley wouldn't take it as easy as other managers might i would say. Could a return come summer time be on the cards?
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.