Is gaaboard on the way out?

Started by Old yeller, January 10, 2014, 11:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Gaaboard is dying a slow death?

Yes
No
Hasnt changed

Old yeller

This day two years ago Gaaboard had a high of over 700 members online, at the time of writing today there was 215. That is some drop, and its usually around the 170-190 mark.. Why is it getting lower and lower? And considering how many people have more than one profile, how few are actually using it on a daily basis?

T Fearon

Kids nowadays! Spend far too much time on computers!

ONeill

I think the gaaboard hardcore are growing up and marrying and copulating.

I go 2-3 days without looking in now. I never thought that would happen years ago.

Younguns are not interested.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Old yeller

Quote from: T Fearon on January 10, 2014, 11:32:21 PM
Kids nowadays! Spend far too much time on computers!

Geezer getting married to-day or tomorrow?

Shite like that probably puts people off aswell

anglocelt39

Twitter is a factor in things in fairness,
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

laoislad

This board has been ruined by Nordies.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

orangeman

Wildweasel74

Tyrone and armagh not going big guns probably loses alot of posters. It is very northern based on here, with either alot of people with no internet down south, a general lack on interest or maybe not as nuts about gaelic matters as there northern cousins. I barely come across anyone from Cork off hand, posters from dublin are not overly big given the size of the place either

Syferus

Need to start an advertising campaign.

Was serious that we should all chip in a tenner and make GAABoard.com the sponsors of the Kilkenny Senior football championship or something.

Old yeller

Quote from: Syferus on January 10, 2014, 11:51:32 PM
Need to start an advertising campaign.

Was serious that we should all chip in a tenner and make GAABoard.com the sponsors of the Kilkenny Senior football championship or something.
Some lads would  have to pay about €100 euro if it was charged per account

Mourne Rover

Hardstation, Michaela Harte McAreavey's death was three years ago today, not two.

Syferus

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 10, 2014, 11:48:31 PM
Tyrone and armagh not going big guns probably loses alot of posters. It is very northern based on here, with either alot of people with no internet down south, a general lack on interest or maybe not as nuts about gaelic matters as there northern cousins. I barely come across anyone from Cork off hand, posters from dublin are not overly big given the size of the place either

Cork and Dublin ladeens have their own forums (to be fair barely another cares about IC football in Cork as it is), as does Kerry. Us Rossies have a super secret forum too. Takes the focus away from here.

Would like to see more rep from midlands counties but you'll end up with a lot of toss pots for a few decent posters.

laoislad

Quote from: Syferus on January 10, 2014, 11:58:23 PM

Cork and Dublin ladeens have their own forums (to be fair barely another cares about IC football in Cork as it is), as does Kerry. Us Rossies have a super secret forum too. Takes the focus away from here.

Would like to see more rep from midlands counties but you'll end up with a lot of toss pots for a few decent posters.
It takes one to know one.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on January 10, 2014, 11:36:07 PM
This time 2 years ago, the news broke of the tragic death of Michaela Harte. Traffic on Gaaboard hit an all-time high because of that. The numbers before that were similar to now.

Bollocks
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Old yeller

Quote from: Syferus on January 10, 2014, 11:58:23 PM

In a way if it got too popular it would be destroyed by headers, but its probably 50/50 as it is. For every Hardstation or Boojangles you have a T. Fearon or Syferus