Started by lawnseed, January 08, 2014, 09:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Agree with the above.

There is also this age profile issue:

Ireland 2010

Ireland 2020

Ireland 2050

(Source: http://www.nationmaster.com/country/ei-ireland/Age-_distribution)

We will need to lower the age profile not least to pay pensions to those at the top of the pyramid.

MWWSI 2017

anglocelt39

the fact that we are in the EU makes it a bit difficult to bring in an Australian or US green card system, well unless we are saying it's only non EU immigrants people have a concern about
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

theticklemister

Wildweasel74

we used to laugh at shameless and how ridiculous it seemed and where the hell they get half the ideas from for the series. I say the producer just walked round the existing slums with various dole lifers about and just went from there, Doesn't seem such a far fetched series now!!0

Sidney

Presume the people who want to stop immigration will also want to stop imported goods from coming in, ie televisions, computers, MP3 players, shoes, sofas, cars etc.

We have free movement of goods, so why not free movement of people?

Important to be consistent on these things. Or are material goods considered to take precedence above people?

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: theticklemister on January 09, 2014, 11:12:33 PM
Wish day buck i was a female

Wait till you're 80+ and surrounded by single honeys!
Hasta la victoria siempre

Kidder81

Quote from: Sidney on January 10, 2014, 12:51:05 AM
Presume the people who want to stop immigration will also want to stop imported goods from coming in, ie televisions, computers, MP3 players, shoes, sofas, cars etc.

We have free movement of goods, so why not free movement of people?

Important to be consistent on these things. Or are material goods considered to take precedence above people?

Yeah I couldn't get my kid into the local primary school because a disadvantaged Toshiba TV took her place, your right it's the same thing.

ziggysego

Why do people want to swing cats? I hate them as much as the next person, horrible little things, but I wouldn't want to swing one.
Testing Accessibility

Sidney

Quote from: Kidder81 on January 10, 2014, 12:57:43 PM

Yeah I couldn't get my kid into the local primary school because a disadvantaged Toshiba TV took her place, your right it's the same thing.
Perhaps the parents made a poor impression on the principal?

ziggysego

Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe has a great piece about immigration last night. Worth watching this piece and the segment by Doug Stanhope, which followed. Click here.
Testing Accessibility

armaghniac

QuoteI hate them as much as the next person, horrible little things, but I wouldn't want to swing one.

I would
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lawnseed

Where are these immigrant stats coming from? The only fact is that the brits dont have a clue how many there are
Or as they say in farney land  "fukn taliban are taken over"  :D
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Kidder81

Quote from: Sidney on January 10, 2014, 01:43:08 PM

That's not how it works, in six counties anyway. You apply for a place at a primary school and there is certain criteria, a parent/parents on the dole will get their child a place before a child of working parents as they are "disadvantaged".

It's a disgrace.

Sidney

Quote from: Kidder81 on January 10, 2014, 04:18:40 PM

That's not how it works, in six counties anyway. You apply for a place at a primary school and there is certain criteria, a parent/parents on the dole will get their child a place before a child of working parents as they are "disadvantaged".

It's a disgrace.
Why should your children get favourable treatment over children whose parent/s are unemployed?

muppet

Quote from: Kidder81 on January 10, 2014, 04:18:40 PM

It's a disgrace.

Interesting logic or putting it another way, that is one of the most stupid things I ever heard of. Who came up with that?

You should have all of your tax refunded, as you are clearly being disadvantaged by being a taxpayer. Not only do you suffer for having to pay for everyone else's children, but because you pay tax, your own children are denied an education. That can't be right?
MWWSI 2017