The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Everyone knows a CB and Strong MF is what is needed. Coutinho will go to Barca next summer hopefully with our good wishes and a trophy or two to show for it but to do that at least 2 players are needed.

Stallion has been conspicuous by his absence....surely he'd be all over this destroying Klopp....

AZOffaly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 10, 2017, 09:31:09 AM
Everyone knows a CB and Strong MF is what is needed. Coutinho will go to Barca next summer hopefully with our good wishes and a trophy or two to show for it but to do that at least 2 players are needed.

Stallion has been conspicuous by his absence....surely he'd be all over this destroying Klopp....

That's what makes the inactivity very disappointing.

TabClear

Definitely been disappointing so far. Salah and Solanke are good signings but not necessarily what was needed (although if Couthinho goes then Salah was a must). If Couthinho goes and with no LLanna for a couple of months you will probably see Firmino drop into the 10 roles with Salah and Mane wide and Sturridge/Solanke/Origi upfront. Not bad, but nowhere near the strength that we are with Cout. Also leaves us exposed on the bench (Woodburn?).

I get the feeling that a lot of eggs were put in the Keita basket and fair play to Leipzig for playing hardball. They could potentially lose £20m plus through holding on to him for an extra year. The Emre Can situation is worrying as well. Juve are trying to take advantage of the 1 year to run on the contract scenario to get him on the cheap (£18-£20m). Would be a big loss at this point but I dont think FSG would allow that kind of financial loss (Unlike Leipzig) for someone they view as non core. Couthinho is different as because of the 5 year contract and the PSG/Barca interest as well they know he will still be worth big money next year.

I still think VVD is a possibility but would be worried about any new signings coming in who have not done a Klopp preseason. A coupel of bad results in August Sept and you are playiong catch up from then on with (hopefully) Champions League to contend with as well.

blewuporstuffed

I still think VVD will be Liverpool player at the end of the window.

It would make sense for Southampton to let him for with Sahko going the other way, I think that would be a great deal for all concerned.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

This looks fairly definitive. Hard for them to row back from this now.

"FSG statement on Philippe Coutinho
LFC
We wish to offer clarity as regards our position on a possible transfer of Philippe Coutinho.

The club's definitive stance is that no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes."

blewuporstuffed

Great to hear.

Lets hope they get VVD i now.

That could be a major factor on their season .

There doesn't seem to be a plan B if he doesn't come
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Milltown Row2

difinitive would have been, remain at Liverpool this season  ;)

Sold in January

Liverpool will start like they did last season i think.. Maintaining that will be easier this year (no African Nations) If they get knocked out of the CL qualifier then they should be in an even better positionto win

Ive backed them last 2 years to win, best price is 13/1 Surs are nice enough at 11/1
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 11, 2017, 11:00:26 AM

Sold in January

Liverpool will start like they did last season i think.. Maintaining that will be easier this year (no African Nations) If they get knocked out of the CL qualifier then they should be in an even better positionto win

Ive backed them last 2 years to win, best price is 13/1 Surs are nice enough at 11/1

Can't see Barcelona buying him in January.  I think he'll be Champions League tied by then, even if Hoffenheim beat them. I'd say the more likely scenario is the Suarez one. He stays the season now, and goes next summer when Liverpool sign Keita.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2017, 11:02:35 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 11, 2017, 11:00:26 AM

Sold in January

I think so too.
Its highly likely he will go to Barca at the end of the season.

Can't see Barcelona buying him in January.  I think he'll be Champions League tied by then, even if Hoffenheim beat them. I'd say the more likely scenario is the Suarez one. He stays the season now, and goes next summer when Liverpool sign Keita.

AZOffaly

Just to correct myself.  Apparently he won't be cup-tied if they lose to Hoffenheim. So if they lose that he probably will go.

blewuporstuffed

I think Klopp has ruled him out for the first hoffenheim game anyway

AZOffaly

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 11, 2017, 11:32:16 AM
I think Klopp has ruled him out for the first hoffenheim game anyway

I mean in January.

Gabriel_Hurl

Sky are saying he's handed in a transfer request now  :-\

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 11, 2017, 12:26:35 PM

The comedy show that keeps on giving!!  ;D ;D

AZOffaly

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 11, 2017, 12:26:35 PM

That wouldn't be surprising to be honest. But if FSG now sell him in this window, they are in big trouble with the fanbase. They've already backed down on ticket prices etc, I'd be surprised if they issued that statement and then sold him. There'd be war.