End of season merry-go-round

Started by ExiledGael, May 25, 2007, 04:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Bloody hell, fergie and the boys are in early with these, better to get them now than get into a bidding war, anyone know much about Anderson?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ExiledGael

Chelsea have also agreed a £3.5m deal with Bayern Munich to sell Boulahrouz (sp) half of what they paid for the clown and West Ham have bid £8.5m for Scott Parker
It's all kicking off

Norf Tyrone

Are Anderson and Nani not wingers? Seems strange to be strengthening United's strongest department.

If Hargreaves comes that'll be £50 million spent (If the rumours are true)..will United be accused of buying success?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Pizarro joins Chelsea as the second summer signing of the close season...and another freebie! Do not know a great deal about the Peruvian, but we definately needed another striker.
The signing of Alex is almost complete too if the rumours are true. If Alex signs apparently the fee will be $1.00!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteAre Anderson and Nani not wingers? Seems strange to be strengthening United's strongest department.

Nani is a winger. Anderson is an attacking midfielder. I guess Scholes and Giggs aren't getting any younger.

new devil

Two great signing fot the champs.... watched nani play against brazil few months ago looked very exciting!

Also think hargreaves will be the final piece in the eurpoean jigsaw

J70

Quote from: new devil on June 02, 2007, 08:14:07 PM
Two great signing fot the champs.... watched nani play against brazil few months ago looked very exciting!

You think Hargreaves is what United have been missing in Europe?

I'd say Bayern are laughing their holes off at the money they got for him!

Syd

Quote from: new devil on June 02, 2007, 08:14:07 PM

Everyone please note, New Devil has spoken. I have heard the bookies are not taking any more bets on United winning the European Cup because its a foregone conclusion. Is this the same Hargreaves that was a laughing stock in th English media 18 mths ago, had a half decent World Cup compared to the rest of the "golden generation"........

new devil

Named england's best player last year (suppose thats not much) he had a great world cup and has been playing in champions league last 7-8 seasons

corn02

Traore and Biscan played in the champions league for a few years. He was booed  by his own England fans rember? A very good player yes, but the person to win you the Champions League? Get a grip man, he isn't fit to lace Scholes boots.

Syd

Quote from: new devil on June 02, 2007, 08:25:19 PM
Named england's best player last year (suppose thats not much) he had a great world cup and has been playing in champions league last 7-8 seasons

Had a "great world cup"? i must have been watching a different tournament. He got some praise only because the rest of them were f**king awful.

Square Ball

I am not a great hargreaves fan at the minute, he will have to convince me, and quickly
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

J70

Quote from: Square Ball on June 02, 2007, 09:07:53 PM
I am not a great hargreaves fan at the minute, he will have to convince me, and quickly

He may well be very suited to the rush-and-tumble of the Premiership. I doubt if he'll flop like Veron, who despite being ten times the player Hargreaves is, couldn't adapt to the different style of play.

Syd

Quote from: J70 on June 02, 2007, 09:51:33 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on June 02, 2007, 09:07:53 PM

He may well be very suited to the rush-and-tumble of the Premiership. I doubt if he'll flop like Veron, who despite being ten times the player Hargreaves is, couldn't adapt to the different style of play.

He wil be suited to Premiership ok where giving the ball away is not punished as severely as in Europe. The thing is there are quite a few United supporters think he is the final piece in the jigsaw for Europe.