Reno fire

Started by lfdown2, January 20, 2012, 10:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfdown2

Ye alright Puckoon? Am I right in saying you're in Reno?

Puckoon

We're grand thanks. A few friends have been evacuated from their homes as of yesterday but I've not heard any more news from them yet.  This one was no where near us, but it's the second major fire in a few months and the first one was very close. No snow or rain yet at all for Reno since the spring, driest December on record in over 100 years. Very high winds blew the fire to over 3000 acres in about 3 hours. Bone dry here and it's a bad combination. Seems like the fire fighters have done a great job saving homes so far.

gawa316

This draught seems to be California wide. The brother-in-law was over at xmas from Fresno and he said it rained once in November and that's been it since spring. Feck all snow as a result up the mountain and the resorts are having to pay back for ski passes etc.

Hopefully you all get a good drop soon

lawnseed

Quote from: Puckoon on January 20, 2012, 01:03:27 PM
We're grand thanks. A few friends have been evacuated from their homes as of yesterday but I've not heard any more news from them yet.  This one was no where near us, but it's the second major fire in a few months and the first one was very close. No snow or rain yet at all for Reno since the spring, driest December on record in over 100 years. Very high winds blew the fire to over 3000 acres in about 3 hours. Bone dry here and it's a bad combination. Seems like the fire fighters have done a great job saving homes so far.
whats oklahoma like puckoon have you ever been there.. is it a dry place as well
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Hardy

Quote from: lawnseed on January 20, 2012, 01:47:14 PM
whats oklahoma like puckoon have you ever been there.. is it a dry place as well

.. is it a dry place as well

lawnseed

Quote from: Hardy on January 20, 2012, 02:26:33 PM

.. is it a dry place as well
jeez didnt think oklahoma was like that
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Puckoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrDgbBF8L8M

except, I've been to neither.

lfdown2

Fuk me lad, that's unreal!