Looks like another Fundamentalist Muslim attack, this time in Paris.

Started by AZOffaly, January 07, 2015, 03:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Disgracey

All hostages reportedly freed unharmed, no word on any police casualties.

theskull1

Think I heard at the supermarket there could be a few people down (was a phonecall from someone who was in it to their mother)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on January 09, 2015, 04:23:27 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 09, 2015, 03:59:34 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 09, 2015, 03:05:11 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 09, 2015, 02:56:50 PM
The Hebdo suspects have taken hostages in a printing works and someone that knew the ones that shot the policewoman has taken hostages in a supermarket. Lets hope it does not spread further.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30740115
I presume the authorities are monitoring all the known jihadis in France. You need popular support for an ongoing campaign and they probably don't have much.
One of the suspects was already jailed and released so I am sure he was being watched but he still managed to commit the crimes.
But they'll be looking much more closely now, surely.

I'm sure they will and lets hope they can prevent anymore attacks.

Keyser soze

Reports of 4 people [hostages] critically wounded at the supermarket.

muppet

BBC say four dead in the supermarket: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30752239

Police told French media that four hostages in the supermarket had been killed prior to security forces storming the site.
MWWSI 2017

gallsman

BBC confirming four dead hostages. Horrifying.

Days like today really show the danger of news in the internet age as initial reports all appeared to suggest no hostage fatalities.

Minder

Reports that a gunman, not woman, have escaped from the supermarket
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

macdanger2

Does it seem a little odd that these guys were so well prepared for the initial attack, knocked off their main targets and seem to have had no plan since? Were they expecting to die in the initial attack? Leaving their ID cards behind also seems amateur (or even having them with them in the first place)

muppet

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 09, 2015, 06:25:45 PM
Does it seem a little odd that these guys were so well prepared for the initial attack, knocked off their main targets and seem to have had no plan since? Were they expecting to die in the initial attack? Leaving their ID cards behind also seems amateur (or even having them with them in the first place)

Yea, we had sort of got used to the idea (no matter how abhorrent) of suicide attacks whereby they would top themselves as part of the initial event.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: Itchy on January 10, 2015, 09:43:33 AM
https://medium.com/@asgharbukhari/charlie-hebdo-this-attack-was-nothing-to-do-with-free-speech-it-was-about-war-26aff1c3e998

Wow.

Everyone should read that. I don't agree 100%, but the thrust of his arguments I do agree with.

"The truth is, this awful attack can not be explained in a vacuum, absent of the context around it. It has to be seen through the prism of events that are going on around the world. With eyes firmly fixed on the wars going on from Palestine to Pakistan."
MWWSI 2017