Looks like another Fundamentalist Muslim attack, this time in Paris.

Started by AZOffaly, January 07, 2015, 03:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on January 09, 2015, 01:44:57 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 09, 2015, 12:43:00 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 09, 2015, 11:58:40 AM
Your pathetic comment on about the "precious prophet" shows your withering disregard for a religion of more than a billion people. Regardless of what you or I may think, the "prophet" (I don't know why you felt the need for inverted commas) is indeed precious to them.

This of course does not, nor is it an attempt to, justify the massacre in Paris. I don't expect you to pay any heed to this though and will shortly label me as an Islam extremist sympathiser to go with anti Semite and the usual baseless accusations you bandy about here.

The "precious prophet" comment clearly refers to the fact we are being told that Muhammad is above ridicule. You know full well that is what it meant as it was perfectly clear from the context of the sentence i.e that we subjugate all humour and cower in deference to this deity.

The only thing that is pathetic here is your willfully feigned outrage on behalf of a billion muslims.
Make a few jokes about the Holocaust if you think nothing is beyond satire and it's all a laugh.
You empty vessel.

No, we'll leave the holocaust jokes to your twisted ilk.

Why dont you tell us the lenny Bruce joke about killing jesus again...you like that one so much you have used it twice already  ::)

NAG1

Quote from: GJL on January 09, 2015, 02:12:47 PM
It's all kicking off in France today. God help the people that have been taken hostage.  :(

+1

some of the debate on here sickens me at times, peoples lives are literally on the line in these situations and all some posters seem to care about is getting some cheap forum points against each other.

We don't know the people involved but they will have families and 2 more people in the latest attack will not be returning to their families today.

Think that is the most important part of this situation.

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 09, 2015, 02:18:58 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 09, 2015, 01:44:57 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 09, 2015, 12:43:00 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 09, 2015, 11:58:40 AM
Your pathetic comment on about the "precious prophet" shows your withering disregard for a religion of more than a billion people. Regardless of what you or I may think, the "prophet" (I don't know why you felt the need for inverted commas) is indeed precious to them.

This of course does not, nor is it an attempt to, justify the massacre in Paris. I don't expect you to pay any heed to this though and will shortly label me as an Islam extremist sympathiser to go with anti Semite and the usual baseless accusations you bandy about here.

The "precious prophet" comment clearly refers to the fact we are being told that Muhammad is above ridicule. You know full well that is what it meant as it was perfectly clear from the context of the sentence i.e that we subjugate all humour and cower in deference to this deity.

The only thing that is pathetic here is your willfully feigned outrage on behalf of a billion muslims.
Make a few jokes about the Holocaust if you think nothing is beyond satire and it's all a laugh.
You empty vessel.

No, we'll leave the holocaust jokes to your twisted ilk.

Why dont you tell us the lenny Bruce joke about killing jesus again...you like that one so much you have used it twice already  ::)
I need a biographer- I'll pay you 25 cents an hour

AZOffaly

True NAG. It's a terrible situation, which is still unfolding. It's horrific when you think about it.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 09, 2015, 02:37:49 PM
True NAG. It's a terrible situation, which is still unfolding. It's horrific when you think about it.
Imagine the families of the dead, trying to explain what happened and why to the kids. Dreadful.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on January 09, 2015, 02:37:32 PM

I need a biographer- I'll pay you 25 cents an hour

ok, I'm in.We'll call it "My struggle" by Seafoid.

Jell 0 Biafra

A few posters have noted that Christians aren't bothered by cartoons of Jesus, so why should muslims be bothered by pictures of Mohammed.   There is a strand in Islamic thought that images of anyone--much less religious figures--are irreligious.  And pictures of Mohammed, on this line of thought, are by definition blasphemous.   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depictions_of_Muhammad

So even if the images look fairly innocuous to us, that's not going to be how they appear to muslims who accept this line of thought.

Mike Sheehy

The Hebdo suspects have taken hostages in a printing works and someone that knew the ones that shot the policewoman has taken hostages in a supermarket. Lets hope it does not spread further.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30740115

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 09, 2015, 02:56:50 PM
The Hebdo suspects have taken hostages in a printing works and someone that knew the ones that shot the policewoman has taken hostages in a supermarket. Lets hope it does not spread further.
I presume the authorities are monitoring all the known jihadis in France. You need popular support for an ongoing campaign and they probably don't have much.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on January 09, 2015, 03:05:11 PM
I presume the authorities are monitoring all the known jihadis in France. You need popular support for an ongoing campaign and they probably don't have much.

One of the suspects was already jailed and released so I am sure he was being watched but he still managed to commit the crimes.

Aerlik

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on January 09, 2015, 02:47:53 PM
A few posters have noted that Christians aren't bothered by cartoons of Jesus, so why should muslims be bothered by pictures of Mohammed.   There is a strand in Islamic thought that images of anyone--much less religious figures--are irreligious.  And pictures of Mohammed, on this line of thought, are by definition blasphemous.   

So even if the images look fairly innocuous to us, that's not going to be how they appear to muslims who accept this line of thought.

Shouldn't quote Wikipedia.  Not credible among the credible.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 09, 2015, 03:59:34 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 09, 2015, 03:05:11 PM
One of the suspects was already jailed and released so I am sure he was being watched but he still managed to commit the crimes.
But they'll be looking much more closely now, surely.

Harold Disgracey

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Aerlik on January 09, 2015, 04:11:16 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on January 09, 2015, 02:47:53 PM

Shouldn't quote Wikipedia.  Not credible among the credible.

It's handy  for overviews, especially if you already know the information and are just using it to pass on to others. 

It's unreliability is a myth too btw:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4530930.stm

pullhard