ARLES KILCRUISE and ARLES KILEEN

Started by Unlaoised, October 05, 2016, 12:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Don Draper on October 16, 2016, 11:15:30 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on October 16, 2016, 10:55:53 PM
Quote from: The Rover on October 16, 2016, 07:55:29 PM

St. Josephs are one club that never ever let the county down, just look at the players they have provided to wear the Laois jersey each and every one of them gave great service five or six families up there that have pure laois blood in the vains. A proud club that will rise again maybe sooner than you think.

I'd second that.
Great club, great facilities, great people. Always seem to conduct their business in the right way. And as alluded to above, some of their best ever players were probably "wrecked" by the commitment they gave to Laois from circa 2000 to circa 2007. The club lost out on the twilight years of these guys.
While I agree in general, they were involved in that relegation c**k up a few years back.

Can't argue that they weren't, but my information would be that they were far from the instigators. One of the main instigators have managed to go on and achieve much bigger GOALs of LATE  ;D ;)
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Keyser Söze

Sorry for dragging this up!

I just wanted to check something.
Arles GAA changed their name to Arles Killeen at an AGM in 1993.
Those who disagreed, walked out.
Those who walked out managed to get a team into the Laois Junior B Championship two years later (called Arles).
Arles Killeen then objected to them using the name Arles and eventually an accomodation was reached (AK x 2).

What level were Arles playing at before the split (Intermediate?) and what colour did they wear (Maroon?). If so, why did Arles Killeen abandon/change colours?
Also, I believe that Arles Killeen were awarded use of the pitch. Is this the same pitch they have developed and use now?

Laoiseabu

It's a crazy situation . Depresses me to think what they could of achieved if they were together . Any sign of anyone coping on down there anytime soon ?

redsetanta

There was a drive at the time from certain players to have a parish senior team and lads who would have previously played for Ballylinan went on to play with Arles Kileen?St Michaels. The underage team was St Michaels and they were very strong in the mid to late 80's and the jersey's they wore are the same as the ones Kileen use now.
Arles were always maroon.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Keyser Söze

Quote from: redsetanta on August 03, 2018, 11:56:23 AM
There was a drive at the time from certain players to have a parish senior team and lads who would have previously played for Ballylinan went on to play with Arles Kileen?St Michaels. The underage team was St Michaels and they were very strong in the mid to late 80's and the jersey's they wore are the same as the ones Kileen use now.
Arles were always maroon.

So Arles Killeen is technically the old Arles club. But changed jersey colour when they changed their name from Arles to Arles Killeen?

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

at the original Arles AGM there was a vote which passed with the 2/3 majority to change the name from Arles to Arles Killeen. That was established as fact at the various courts the case passed through.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on August 03, 2018, 01:52:11 PM
at the original Arles AGM there was a vote which passed with the 2/3 majority to change the name from Arles to Arles Killeen. That was established as fact at the various courts the case passed through.

That I understand. Before that AGM Arles wore maroon jerseys. At what point did this club (now called Arles Killeen) start wearing Black and White jerseys?

Dave like the tv channel

St Michael's used to wear black and white.

Keyser Söze

Laoiseabu

Ok this joke is over . Looking at Killeen's two matches so far it's time to join up . Someone down there needs to grow some balls and get it done before the players are on walking sticks and in nursing homes.

SCFC

Quote from: Laoiseabu on August 13, 2018, 11:28:02 PM
Ok this joke is over . Looking at Killeen's two matches so far it's time to join up . Someone down there needs to grow some balls and get it done before the players are on walking sticks and in nursing homes.
I'd say Arles Kilcruise are quite happy. Arles Killeen aren't regenerating at all.

Don Draper

They've made their beds, you nor I will make a f**k of a difference.

The PRO

Killeen have only around 4 lads under 30 starting. Mental stuff. The 2 kingstons, Joe Mulhare around 29 and maybe Brendan oshea

recyclebin

It's amazing the fascination people from outside the area have with us. We play together underage. Between the two clubs, we have been in county final 7 of the last 15. We were in none when we played together!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laois_Senior_Football_Championship

High Fielder

Quote from: recyclebin on August 15, 2018, 09:37:11 PM
It's amazing the fascination people from outside the area have with us. We play together underage. Between the two clubs, we have been in county final 7 of the last 15. We were in none when we played together!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laois_Senior_Football_Championship

I hardly think that's something to crow about. It was part of the reason the split happened (both thinking they were strong enough without the other) and what has ensued is nothing short of embarrassing. This thing of joining at underage makes an even bigger mockery of the whole thing. Talk about sending the youth of the area mixed messages. It's not an episode anyone closely linked to the split can be proud of surely?