Laois Intermediate Football Championship 2016

Started by Heshs Umpire, March 04, 2016, 10:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Brendan Quigley will be sick at missing the final.

Don Draper

From the Terrace

exactly. unbelievable a player with his experience gets put off & they cruising to victory, hes 30 yrs of age not a chap a final on the horizon hard to fathom it.. portlaoise are some club nearly puling off a serious win yest evening hard not to admire them.

SCFC

Big fright for O'D's last night I heard. Pulled a win out of the fire. Should go on to win against a Quigleyless Timahoe.

El Jefe

Timahoe missing Quigley and someone else now due to suspension I hear? Dempey's were lucky enough by all accounts but that's a strong Portlaoise team with a lot of players who played the Division 1 games this season

Laoiseabu

Portlaoise should have beaten odempseys Kevin fitz missed a serious goal opportunity to put them 6or7 clear with about 10 mins left overall were the better team

Laoiseabu

I hear quigley is trying to get the red rescinded and has video evidence

LaoisHeart

Portlaoise the most unluckiest team to loose over the weekend, had Dempseys on the rack who will now go on to win it and regain their senior status, I was very impressed with Portlaoise and can see a number of them called up to the senior squad.  I was also at the Rock/Timahoe game and if Timahoe perform like that they will not stand a chance but if they up their game it will make for an interesting final but with Quigley gone I think Dempseys will have to much fro then

High Fielder

Dempseys had 3 good goal chances in the first half too, but in general, it was way too open a game to be credible. As with their Seniors, Portlaoise's Intermediates are too laid back. They were in control in the second half, and didn't kill it off. All of their teams at all levels are lovely to watch, with their handling and passing in particular always impressive. But there's very little aggression at all, and you need some

Rebelred

I hear quigley is trying to get the red rescinded and has video evidence

Well the laois ccc are hearing the case tonight and from what i saw at the game it would be a disgrace if the ban was oveturned. I wounder if this evidence has him going into the crowd swinging after the straightest of reds I've ever seen
[/quote]

SCFC

From what I heard he hasn't a hope of getting off.

Dave like the tv channel

It's a good thing that two first-teams are in the final. It's been a long time since a second team won it and long may that continue. With Portlaoise dominating senior, it would even worse if they started dominating all the lower divisions too.

clonadmad

I was talking to a Timahoe mentor today and he seems to think that Quigley will win the appeal as the video proves that he didn't strike the player for which he was in the refs report for.

Rebelred

Possibly the worst defence ever i didn't hit him it was the other fella I hit. On that note a referees report would state the infraction ie a kick punch etc and not include the who he hit. Well the decision was made tonight let's wait and see

clonadmad

Yep the Frank Murphy approach of finding a loophole and then exploiting it to your advantage.