The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

While it was thrilling to see the old horse return to former glory it is also a small bit disappointing in a way.

It doesn't say a lot for the younger chasers. Diamond Harry exposed at the highest level again and Time For Rupert and Weird Al are no more than decent. Long Run is a bit of an enigma. The jockey does him no favours at all but the handicapper has grossly overrated his mark. He couldn't win the Paddy Power off a mark in the low 150s twelve months ago and all of a sudden we're supposed to believe he has improved thirty plus lbs?

Captain Chris is the one to be on for Kempton now IMO.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

TacadoirArdMhacha

What a wonderful race and a fantastic victory for a magnificent horse. Grade One chase victories in 7 successive seasons. Remarkable.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

Population for the Champion Bumper methinks. Expect he'll be put away for the bumper there on New Years Day.

RealSpiritof98

Todays lesson we learnt that:

I cant pick my f@#king nose

Barry Gerathy is caaaaaat

and bookies dont ride bikes

Sea The Stars

An unbelievable racehorse! The best I've seen.

They've been calling for Kauto to be retired since Denman beat him in that Gold Cup - honestly, I'd say he'll back this time next year for a fifth Betfair Chase.

He knows no bounds.

sammymaguire

Kauto the Star of the day once again, exceptional performance and Walsh shows his class but some very interesting winners and losers today...
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Been doing some research on p2p winners from last season and have come across a few French imports as well. Most of these horses should be out in the next few weeks:

Champagne Fever: Won a maiden point by 10L at Quakerstown in April.

Darroun: Aga Khan bred winner on the flat in France. Now with Willie Mullins.

High Handel: Oratorio gelding who bolted up at Dromohane.

Home Farm: Presenting out of a half-sister to Jodami. Won at Horse & Jockey in March and now with Arthur Moore after going for €200,000 at Goffs in May.

Make Your Mark: Beneficial gelding from the family of Wayward Lad. Won a point at Lisronagh for Ger Hourigan (also ran War Of Attrition in a point). Bought by Harold Kirk for €100,000 at Goffs in May. Running tomorrow in the bumper at Punchestown for Gigginstown/Mullins.

Mythical Warrior: Commanding advantage over the afforementioned Home Farm when falling at the last at Horse & Jockey in March.

On Your Eoin: Beat Clondaw Warrior (subsequent Cheltenham bumper winner) at Maralin in April. Now with Noel Meade.

Toostrong: Unraced French import by Network (sire of Rubi Light and Sprinter Sacre). Bought by Gigginstown to be trained by Willie Mullins.

Twigline: Bumper winning filly in France who will run for the Clane based sydicate who own Quevega, Thousand Stars and J'y Vole.

sammymaguire

Cheers for all those DH, hopefully some room left in the notebook for them all.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

bridge fan

a few winners in there alright  :) :)

sammymaguire

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 05, 2011, 09:11:47 AM
Oscars Well clearly needed the run. Poor enough effort it has to be said though, the horse looked a shadow of itself from the middle of last year. Out again in a fortnight at Punchestown, hard to know what to expect after that run yesterday...

Another intriguing renewal of the Morgiana later on. The money arriving for Ruby and Mullins, Thousand Stars... So will be difficult to back Oscars today with any major confidence in a very competitive looking race. Not sure either why Pittoni has been on the drift. The horse is back to 2 miles this afternoon and the ground should be ideal which I think will help its cause but Power will need to be very cute against the other two major contenders.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

beer baron

Thinking of backing thousand stars in the Morgiana but slightly concerned about small field/lack of pace as thousand stars always stays on well,any chance Ruby'll try win it from the front today rather than letting it become a sprint finish?

Donnellys Hollow

It's a very poor renewal. Hurricane Fly wouldn't come off the bridle against them.

Thousand Stars is the class act but he's probably going to need it. Doubt he'd have ran had the great horse been fit. Pittoni is something of a Solwhit-lite. I was disappointed with Oscars Well up North. I know he will come on for the run as all of Harrington's tend to do but he really went out like a light. I have my reservations over what he finds when push comes to shove. To my eyes he was running on empty at Cheltenham when both Rock On Ruby and First Lieutenant looked like they were about to swallow him up. He did win two grade 1s as a novice but he barely had to come off the bridle in either and the form of them doesn't really stack up.

If I knew Thousand Stars was at least 90% fit I'd be punting him but I'll be sitting this one out. I suspect the Hattons Grace is his target.

Donnellys Hollow

Great display from the front.

Pittoni probably ran to his mark. Can't see Oscars Well doing much at the highest level over timber. I'd give him a lightish campaign and go over fences early next season.

sammymaguire

Yep, Ruby rid a smart race. OW looks limited in quality opposition, especially a Mulllins 2nd string. Can't see any signs of improving from the 2 outings so far...
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 19, 2011, 05:56:39 PM
Make Your Mark: Beneficial gelding from the family of Wayward Lad. Won a point at Lisronagh for Ger Hourigan (also ran War Of Attrition in a point). Bought by Harold Kirk for €100,000 at Goffs in May. Running tomorrow in the bumper at Punchestown for Gigginstown/Mullins.

Ge up de yard! Routed them.