Bernard Brogan - Serious Injury?

Started by GetOverTheBar, February 12, 2018, 11:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

A truly great player and a gentleman to boot. I hope he makes a full recovery and, if he doesn't, he will be missed by genuine football fans everywhere.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

whitey

macdanger2

rrhf

Class player. Hope this isn't the end for him.

nrico2006

Quote from: easytiger95 on February 12, 2018, 01:06:56 PM
Quote from: Hound on February 12, 2018, 12:50:50 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 12, 2018, 11:29:47 AM
Is this on the same knee as before?
I thought he did both knees before. Both before he was 21 afaik.

Did Paul Brogan not do both as well?

I thought both had actually done them twice before too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Main Street

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Seany on February 12, 2018, 06:49:16 PM
Came to our club a few years ago. Refused point blank to take any money, despite staying for a long time and being a real inspiration to the children. He's a total legend. Never cynical, no ego, just a really decent, civil fella who is such an incredible role model to any aspiring forwards. I'm confident he will return.

Love to hear stories like this - Unfortunately it seems as though the injury is true.

I wish him the very best in recovery and that he finishes the game at intercounty level on his terms.

yellowcard

Very unfortunate injury for one of the games' modern greats. Peak Bernard Brogan was a scoring machine and his movement and finishing was top class. Age was beginning to catch up with him but he was still one of the top couple of dozen forwards in the game. Have heard of him travelling to presentations outside Dublin and refusing to take anything, one of the good guys. 

magpie seanie

I wouldn't write him off. I hope he can make it back. Personally thought his best days were behind him a year or two back but he was excellent last year and looking lively again this year. Nice to hear the stories about how decent he is, they tally with what I've heard also.

tonto1888

I hope its not the end for him. Its been a joy watching him play

easytiger95

I think if there is even a sliver of a chance of Bernard ending his career like Alan did, with a cameo and point off the bench in an All Ireland Final, he will keep at it.