Bernard Brogan - Serious Injury?

Started by GetOverTheBar, February 12, 2018, 11:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Reports coming through that Bernard has been seriously injured with the dreaded cruciate.

Sincerely hope this injury is A) not true B) this is not the end at intercounty level for a genuine true great of modern times, probably even all time.

Can anyone confirm?

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/bernard-brogans-season-could-be-over-as-dublin-man-suffers-cruciate-injury-36592823.html

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Hound

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 12, 2018, 11:29:47 AM
Is this on the same knee as before?
I thought he did both knees before. Both before he was 21 afaik.

Jinxy

You'd have to imagine that's it for Bernard if it is the cruciate.
Tough way to end, but he's had some career all the same.
One of the most consistent score-takers I've ever seen.
Always played the game in the right spirit and let his football do the talking.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

easytiger95

Quote from: Hound on February 12, 2018, 12:50:50 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 12, 2018, 11:29:47 AM
Is this on the same knee as before?
I thought he did both knees before. Both before he was 21 afaik.

Did Paul Brogan not do both as well?

Croí na hÉireann

Thought it was the hamstrings he had major trouble with before. Tough ending alright if it is the cruciate. Had the seasons of all seasons in 2010, no one could get a hand on him that year.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

mrdeeds

Talk he might avoid an operation and build it up.

Captain Obvious

Will be sad ending to a great career. You can see across the water a professional athlete of similar age (ibrahimovic) has struggled to recover from the dreaded cruciate.

Syferus

It's worth repeating that there's multiple cruciate ligaments, and the reports only mention 'damage'. Depending on the grade of the tear he could be back sooner rather than later so I'd hold off on comment or obituaries until we know more.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Syferus on February 12, 2018, 05:27:50 PM
It's worth repeating that there's multiple cruciate ligaments, and the reports only mention 'damage'. Depending on the grade of the tear he could be back sooner rather than later so I'd hold off on comment or obituaries until we know more.

Ha! The irony is delicious.
#newbridgeornowhere

Mayo Mick

Thanks doc for cleaning things up.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

Gmac

one in each knee

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 12, 2018, 05:35:50 PM

Ha! The irony is delicious.

There's a tiny bit less of a problem with social issues surrounding a ligament in someone's knee than there is in a rape trial, Dinny. And for one we know much more about that than this right now. Expected better from you to be honest.

Seany

Came to our club a few years ago. Refused point blank to take any money, despite staying for a long time and being a real inspiration to the children. He's a total legend. Never cynical, no ego, just a really decent, civil fella who is such an incredible role model to any aspiring forwards. I'm confident he will return.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Seany on February 12, 2018, 06:49:16 PM
Came to our club a few years ago. Refused point blank to take any money, despite staying for a long time and being a real inspiration to the children. He's a total legend. Never cynical, no ego, just a really decent, civil fella who is such an incredible role model to any aspiring forwards. I'm confident he will return.

Sure you probably got him on the radio, Ray!!

Seriously, I hope it's not the end of his inter-County days.