The official Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Started by heganboy, July 03, 2018, 12:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Brighton have sacked Chris Hughton . . . I hope they suffer the same fate as Ipswich after they sacked McCarthy!!

Billys Boots

Quote from: screenexile on May 13, 2019, 09:56:55 AM
Brighton have sacked Chris Hughton . . . I hope they suffer the same fate as Ipswich after they sacked McCarthy!!

Disgraceful, but not unexpected.  Brighton are doomed.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Cunny Funt

Thats a ridiculous decision by Brighton. A Premier league club because of the great work by Chris Hughton and thats the thanks he gets?

imtommygunn

I hope they get relegated next season now :(

Dunno what he has to do. Did a great job at newcastle too and they also sacked him.

GetOverTheBar

Brave shout from Brighton - they are laying down the marker from here for next season, looks like they don't want to be in and around the bottom again.

Strange since they were certainly as high as 10th in and around xmas. Be interesting to see who they will take from here.

Moyes?

lurganblue

It's a strange decision but whether it is the correct decision or not only time will tell.

Boycey

Imagine the excitement on here if today's news had been about a team with 'history' like say United or Liverpool  :)

GJL

Kompany away from City. Serious operator. Brilliant leader. They will miss his influence.

Cunny Funt

One of the best captains,defenders and leaders the Premier league has seen. He probably still have another few seasons in him for City or be he couldn't play a full season anymore. No room for sentiment at that club and likes of De ligt,Koulibaly could be signed now.

Tony Baloney

Too many lads hang on, so Kompany making the right decision to leave after a successful season. I'd be surprised if he played 20 matches a season for the last 3 or 4 years so he's better winding down.

AZOffaly

Pity he didn't leave before the Leicester game! Great leader in fairness. His body was starting to let him down but his mind and attitude are still spot on.

BennyCake

Is he not a bit young to be a player manager? Usually someone only does both for maybe a season before he quits playing altogether. Even with injuries and game management he can be influential somewhere as a player only. Especially a team with a big squad and competing on all fronts. Like erm...

Armamike

Glad to see the back of him!  A massive influence in that team. Seemed to drive them on.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Jell 0 Biafra

Rule changes for next season in British leagues:

http://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/documents/786/111531_110319_IFAB_LoG_at_a_Glance.pdf

Substituted players to leave the field at closest touchline

The handball rule becomes even more complicated.

No attacking players allowed in defensive walls.

Drop balls for when the ball hits the ref.

dec

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on May 21, 2019, 04:03:51 PM
Rule changes for next season in British leagues:

http://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/documents/786/111531_110319_IFAB_LoG_at_a_Glance.pdf

Substituted players to leave the field at closest touchline

The handball rule becomes even more complicated.

No attacking players allowed in defensive walls.

Drop balls for when the ball hits the ref.

"Goal kick    Law 16   Changes •The ball is in play once the kick is taken; it can be played before leaving the penalty area "