The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

That's it, then. I'm going to have to reconsider seriously my tendency to state my opinion of PAID spoofers like McStay.

sheamy

Quote from: Hardy on August 15, 2012, 02:46:52 PM
That's it, then. I'm going to have to reconsider seriously my tendency to state my opinion of PAID spoofers like McStay.

I bet Hardy isn't even your real name. The cheek of it!

Hardy

Exactly. I'm a disgrace. I'd put my real name up if I was getting paid for it, though.

sheamy

Quote from: Hardy on August 15, 2012, 02:48:48 PM
Exactly. I'm a disgrace. I'd put my real name up if I was getting paid for it, though.

But the worst kind of hoor was the likes of that Myles na Gopaleen. He got paid by the Irish Times for spouting all sorts of satirical nonsense about people and Sunday Game panelists, and it turns out he wasn't even called Myles!!! Schweet Jasus.

Asal Mor

I just don't see what you're saying about McStay being a spoofer Hardy. Anytime I've heard him he anlalyses the game well. He's not trying to be funny or controversial. What would you say makes him a spoofer?

Syferus

Watch your mouth wee lad, you're talking about the manager of the double Connacht and Roscommon champions there. All set to crush the candy stripes up north this season too. The Big Mc's revenge will be sweet.

Hardy

Quote from: Asal Mor on August 15, 2012, 03:05:51 PM

I just don't see what you're saying about McStay being a spoofer Hardy. Anytime I've heard him he anlalyses the game well. He's not trying to be funny or controversial. What would you say makes him a spoofer?

He spouts all sort of nonsense. Examples - he was talking about "onside" last year in the context of balls rebounding off posts; innocuous tackles or clashes are "dangerous" and I particularly disliked his personal vilification of players - the ones I remember, of course, are Meath examples; he was giving out about the referee giving a last-minute free in Dublin-Kildare last year, not because it wasn't a free - he acknowledged it was - but because it was the last minute (he retracted this ludicrous opinion later). And he's just plain wrong about facts and game reading too often to be funny.

Asal Mor

Fair enough Hardy. I still think he's generally good but can't argue with those examples - some raimeis there alright.

Seany

I actually think McStay is the best of the lot of them.

Denn Forever

He is better in the studio rather than as co-commentator in the live games.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

5 Sams

Marc Ó Sé did well not to lamp that tool Davis tonight. Ignorant hoor.
The Aristocrat Years

mylestheslasher

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 02, 2012, 10:16:04 PM

Thought the same myself, poor lad sitting between McHugh the Muppet and the Davis the king of the muppets. What does Davis be going about anyway, he is not right in the head.

ONeill

Definitely a drinking game there. McHugh said 'it's interesting' 322 times today.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 02, 2012, 11:13:37 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on September 02, 2012, 10:16:04 PM

Thought the same myself, poor lad sitting between McHugh the Muppet and the Davis the king of the muppets. What does Davis be going about anyway, he is not right in the head.

The man who brings your county's only success in the last 40 years, and he's a muppet?!  ::)

moysider

Quote from: Seany on August 15, 2012, 05:38:22 PM
I actually think McStay is the best of the lot of them.

Hundred %.