The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 15, 2012, 09:34:57 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 15, 2012, 09:16:40 PM
starting shortly - quite ironic that it's being preceeded by Fr Ted. dougal Ted and Jack having a good conversation on the sofa there

Expect a repeat of the Munster Hurling for 40 mins including analysis  then 15 mins on the Connacht final followed by less than 5 mins per qualifier.

Agreed, Look i know they have a budget. But games that got full coverage during the day should only get a (small) summary in the evening show. Ok maybe a (small) bit more if it's a provincial final.  They already got their exposure.
Most people who have a interest in the game that's live on TV will watch it live on Tv, go to the game, record the game on sky+, watch it online the next day.
But if your game is not live you are left with this rushed through summary of 4-5 minutes and a half arsed analysis of the game, by analysists who you know have not really seen the game and are working on prompts.

ONeill

I sorta like Whelan. He's still a bit submissive to Pat but there's potential.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Duine Eile

Crikey Pat's tie was something else tonight, it reminded me of an old pair of curtains we used have in the "good front room" back in the 80s!

Syferus

Pat's Titanic sure is taking its sweet fecking time sinking.

seafoid

starting shortly - quite ironic that it's being preceeded by Fr Ted. dougal Ted and Jack having a good conversation on the sofa there

Expect a repeat of the Munster Hurling for 40 mins including analysis  then 15 mins on the Connacht final followed by less than 5 mins per qualifier.
That is what happens when you get dumped out of any provincial championship.
There were 8 qualifiers and there is only one Munster hurling final . 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: ck on June 19, 2012, 10:24:57 AM
When Spillane presented the Sunday Game a few years back I had a cousin home from America who wouldnt believe me that Spillane was a real presenter and not a comedy sketch!
Priceless. He does look like some sort of parody. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Main Street

Quote from: seafoid on July 16, 2012, 11:26:21 AM
Quote from: ck on June 19, 2012, 10:24:57 AM
When Spillane presented the Sunday Game a few years back I had a cousin home from America who wouldnt believe me that Spillane was a real presenter and not a comedy sketch!
Priceless. He does look like some sort of parody.
The real Spillane is a better parody than the sketch.

johnneycool

And What's the problem with that?  ;D

it'll be all football next weekend.

Big Whelan needs to stand up for himself the next time Pat cuts him off, puts the hand on his knee then says what whelan is about to say.
Big shoulder charge off camera required there.

Has Des a deal done with just for men?

Thought the Seany Johnston skit was a bit car crash though!

Dinny Breen

Whealo needs to wear his big white gloves whilst on the TV, hard to recognise him without them.
#newbridgeornowhere

Ard-Rí

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 16, 2012, 12:38:27 PM
Whealo needs to wear his big white gloves whilst on the TV, hard to recognise him without them.

The big square jaw is enough for me to know him.
He is improving as a pundit though, he was nervous when he first joined TSG, but a crash course in Brolly relaxation techniques have really helped.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Ard-Rí on July 16, 2012, 02:16:26 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 16, 2012, 12:38:27 PM

The big square jaw is enough for me to know him.
He is improving as a pundit though, he was nervous when he first joined TSG, but a crash course in Brolly relaxation techniques have really helped.

He's hitting the sauce?
#newbridgeornowhere

Ard-Rí

Something like that, yeah.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Shamrock Shore

Pet was doing a fair bit of knee toucing of Whelan
Des's hair will soon get its own show - it's unreal. How is it so black and the hoor the wrong side of 50?

Syferus

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 16, 2012, 02:55:17 PM
Des's hair will soon get its own show - it's unreal. How is it so black and the hoor the wrong side of 50?

Shoe polish and pan grease.

Gaffer

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 16, 2012, 02:55:17 PM

He obviously dips the head into a barrel of inkbefore the show.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"