Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

No word around the county today on it and i've been in ballina, kiltimagh and westport already. JOM said inthe western yesterday that he'd make a decision in another week to 10 days and he was taking this time because he didn't want to rush into it and wanted to do what was best for mayo football. Again i dont think we should slaughter him if he doesn't take it, it is a big decision for him and i think he deserves fair play, remember it was the county board who shafted him before and u cant blame him if he's wary of taking over again.
As for the mayo minors, ray dempsey has done a good job in knockmore, despite getting relegated last year but he didn't really ahve the resources and does a good job under age. As for barry murphy i dont know anything about his trainig methods but what would strike me is that he could be too nice, would he have a ruthless streak? Having said that u couldn't meet a nicer fella and if he gets it the best of luck

Glad to see '96 still rackles the stephenites  ;D ;D ;D
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

youbetterbelieveit

Would you not think JOM would have his mind made up on whether he wanted the job, I suspect that he is trying to gauge the public if he was or wasnt going to take the job, what the consequences politically would be for him.

Mayo4Sam

I honestly dont think he's that cynical, i think nobody wants to win an AI more than him.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Tubberman

I agree with Mayo4Sam - I don't think JOM has any ulterior motives for the delay.
He should be given the time to make his decision. Remember that Kerry are still awaiting their new manager as well, but there aren't pages of discussion on that. We really need to give JOM and the co board space to get the deal done.
There seems to be huge pressure on JOM already - and he hasn't even said yes/no yet.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ludermor

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 15, 2006, 02:05:45 PM
No word around the county today on it and i've been in ballina, kiltimagh and westport already.

What kind of carpets are ya selling? It must be windy in the hiace today

Barney

Quoteremember it was the county board who shafted him before and u cant blame him if he's wary of taking over again.

In fairness to the CB the story has been spun over the years the more successful Leitrim and Galway became and JOM was not as innocent in the whole thing as has been made out.

Anyway of course he should have space to make a decision but that is all fine so long as the answer is "Yes". If not we are nearly in December and must start the search for a replacement when nobody else wants the job!

Pietas

Fields of loss
Fields of hate
Fields of blood
Fields of war

Our blood upon the walls
Our team upon the floor

Langan, Flanagan, Thou should be living at this hour
Mayo hath need of thee
In our time of shadow

In the stand
From behind the goal
From purgatory we watch

With wings that cannot fly
With tounges that cannot speak
Broken backs
Broken hearts
Wings thick with tar
Our lives destroyed

We are selfish men

Prendergast, Mulderrig, Gilvarry
Rise up and return to us again

Civil wars of uncivil hearts have divided and dammed us
The old is dying and the new cannot be born
By the Bacon Factory I wept

In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

muscles magoo

Fields of loss
Fields of hate
Fields of blood
Fields of war

Our blood upon the walls
Our team upon the floor

Langan, Flanagan, Thou should be living at this hour
Mayo hath need of thee
In our time of shadow

In the stand
From behind the goal
From purgatory we watch

With wings that cannot fly
With tounges that cannot speak
Broken backs
Broken hearts
Wings thick with tar
Our lives destroyed

We are selfish men

Prendergast, Mulderrig, Gilvarry
Rise up and return to us again

Civil wars of uncivil hearts have divided and dammed us
The old is dying and the new cannot be born
By the Bacon Factory I wept

One of the more enlightened posts to grace the board for a while....

Pietas

In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

Farrandeelin

I had an awful dream one of the nights that O'Mahony wouldn't take it!  :-[  Jaysus I was never as relieved to have woken up!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

QuoteI had an awful dream one of the nights that O'Mahony wouldn't take it!     Jaysus I was never as relieved to have woken up!

Well, you can sleep more easily from now on, I hope. ;D

Rumour on mayofans.com says that Johnno, along with TJ Kilgallon and Tommy Lyons (Ballina) has been appointed but there will be no announcement until details such as fixture schedules and the likes are finalised.

Now, it is a good idea to be wary of rumours and there are bound to be plenty of them in circulation but the posters on that board seem to put credence in their sources.

Maybe, just maybe, the end is finally in sight....
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

stephenite

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 15, 2006, 02:05:45 PM
Glad to see '96 still rackles the stephenites  ;D ;D ;D

Arrah now, the '99 loss to Crossmaglen hurt a hell of a lot more, however the fact that we lost some key players off that team and went away and re-built a new one around some of the younger fellas from '99 to win the All Itreland in'05 more than compensates ;)

towinjustonce

Fingers crossed on john O'Mahony front - the possible link up with Killgallon and Tommy Lyons is mouth watering
JOM is being given an extraordinary amount of time........so the county board must be certain that he's now going to take the position, otherwise I think they would have reacted to the delay by now and we all know there's knee-jerkers in the county board camp. Convention is on the 8th december, so hopefully it'll be all one big happy family by then.

OkeyDoke

i'm pretty sure we'll know before the 8th of Dec who the new manager will be. It could be that JOM is waiting  to sort out his backroom team before making the announcement ie selectors,doctors, physios etc
Won't be long now - and the players need to be getting back now and hitting the gym for 2-3 months.
With regards to the FBD, i don't see the need of any 1st team players to be playing on the team, that competition should be solely for trialists or other squad members

the bucket

Jom on board, a new gym  opened in castlebar to put muscles on the boys, the county board behind the manager, god on our side and in the  team,  surely nobody cant stop us winning SAM in 2007