The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Time to start cheering for France now!

screenexile

The Stockdale at FB experiment hasn't worked... scrum and line out have been horrible the second half.

Things may have been different had Sexton taken the points at the end of the first half but c'est la vie!

smelmoth

Quote from: lenny on October 31, 2020, 09:19:55 PM
Quote from: gallsman on October 31, 2020, 09:02:33 PM
Much as I dislike him, Barnes got both of those decisions right. Keenan was unlikely to be able to gather that so no try whereas Dorris' couldn't have been more blatant.

Not looking good for Ireland now. At what stage do we just decide we can't win and let France through for the points they need to overtake England.

Whenever our self respect expires

JPGJOHNNYG

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 31, 2020, 10:01:37 PM
A shambles.

I don't think it was. We just aren't very good at rugby. This realisation just won't penetrate the people who matter.

Nanderson

A lot of Irelands big name players really fluffed it tonight. Stockdale played horrible but hes a top international winger and is a target for teams when playing at full back. I think Ringrose missing this game was a big miss as he is normally a big game player and is pretty robust defensively. Now we really need to be looking towards the next world cup and getting a new 9/10 partnership going. Would love to see Cooney get a good run of competitive games at scrum half and maybe get Carty/Carberry/Byrne playing off him and have Murray and Sexton there to close out games if needed

From the Bunker

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 31, 2020, 10:05:56 PM
A shambles.

I don't think it was. We just aren't very good at rugby. This realisation just won't penetrate the people who matter.

True, Rugby World Cups prove this. There won't be much written in the media. The Soccer lads get a much heavier rap, playing in a worldwide game.

Rudi

Henshaw got a fine try. Huge amount of mistakes. France didnt do much to win, self inflicted errors.

Rob Kearney was some bit of stuff, looking forward to seeing Lowe come in.

bannside

Cooney player of the year last year. Not even making the bench. No sympathy for them...the Sexton/Murray love in is past its sell by date.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 31, 2020, 10:09:55 PM
A shambles.

True, Rugby World Cups prove this. There won't be much written in the media. The Soccer lads get a much heavier rap, playing in a worldwide game.

The rugby media are notoriously soft. Kearney refused to be critical of his drinking buddies on the box there. Bad luck my arse. The IRFU accounts released last week make the FAI look flush. Yet nobody is calling the goys out.

They are threatening to pull professional rugby if they don't get a €40m bailout to cover a €30m loss this year. On a turnover of €87m and including a €27m land sale that was swallowed. How are they not under the same pressure the FAI were?

restorepride

And we still can't play our national anthem at all matches.  The French laugh at that sort of thing!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 31, 2020, 11:00:18 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 31, 2020, 10:09:55 PM
A shambles.

The rugby media are notoriously soft. Henshaw refused to be critical of his drinking buddies on the box there. Bad luck my arse. The IRFU accounts released last week make the FAI look flush. Yet nobody is calling the goys out.

They are threatening to pull professional rugby if they don't get a €40m bailout to cover a €30m loss this year. On a turnover of €87m and including a €27m land sale that was swallowed. How are they not under the same pressure the FAI were?

Right we get it, you hate GAA and rugby, why bother posting on these threads?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Quote from: restorepride on October 31, 2020, 11:06:51 PM
And we still can't play our national anthem at all matches.  The French laugh at that sort of thing!
Yawn.
And they don't.

Hound

Given the injuries, I thought Farrell picked the right team and played the right tactics.

But hard to legislate for so many playing so badly on the same day. Wet ball and slippery conditions shouldn't be an excuse for these guys.

If everyone played 7/10, I think we win that game comfortably. But maybe only the starting props could claim to have played to that level. Then disasters at fullback and lineout means a beating.

restorepride

Quote from: Hound on November 01, 2020, 10:07:44 AM
Quote from: restorepride on October 31, 2020, 11:06:51 PM
Yawn.
And they don't.
Oh yes they do!  Yawn all you want but it will always be a issue until we grow a pair.