Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RetiredRessie

Mass walk out of players and management has resigned, not sure of circumstances surrounding this though.

omagh_gael

Had things not picked up there recently? Their results certainly improved a lot. Was hoping they'd nab a point or two of Gortin to help us seal second place so hopefully they get it back on track asap :)

bigtogs

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 13, 2018, 06:59:25 PM
Had things not picked up there recently? Their results certainly improved a lot. Was hoping they'd nab a point or two of Gortin to help us seal second place so hopefully they get it back on track asap :)

Row amongst themselves 10 players walked out before friendly match last Friday night, i am no fan of the Fr Rocks but very sad in my opinion for this to happen in any club...

redzone

I see donghmore conceded a u14 championship final last night, after they had already won the feile earlier in the year. Extremely poor form

mountain4sam

Did Ardboe not win the feile this year?

redzone

Walter White

Quote from: redzone on July 20, 2018, 03:15:30 PM
I see donghmore conceded a u14 championship final last night, after they had already won the feile earlier in the year. Extremely poor form

I don't think it's as simple as they conceded a Championship final. Their facebook had the following up yesterday:

"Please be advised that Donaghmore are unable to fulfil tonight's U14 Final fixture against Ardboe. This is due to missing several players and management due to holidays. In May/June we realised we would be missing 8 players (5 league final starters and 3 subs) and two managers on this date due to holidays and other commitments.

We requested to play both finals in same week pre-holidays but Ardboe could not agree, due to a hectic schedule already including the All-Ireland Feile. Instead, both clubs agreed to play the league final pre-holidays and the Championship final in September. However, Ardboe and County board have now stated that they wish for the final to go ahead tonight, as originally fixed.

Therefore, we have no option but to forfeit the game. To supporters and parents of players, please be assured we have done everything we can over the past 2 weeks to get this game moved but to no avail.

We will continue to work with Ardboe and the County Board to resolve this issue, as I'm sure both clubs would want the final to take place."

I don't see the decision to concede a Grade 1 championship would be taken lightly, especially as they were going for the double over Ardboe.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Walter White on July 20, 2018, 03:57:08 PM
Quote from: redzone on July 20, 2018, 03:15:30 PM

I don't think it's as simple as they conceded a Championship final. Their facebook had the following up yesterday:

"Please be advised that Donaghmore are unable to fulfil tonight's U14 Final fixture against Ardboe. This is due to missing several players and management due to holidays. In May/June we realised we would be missing 8 players (5 league final starters and 3 subs) and two managers on this date due to holidays and other commitments.

We requested to play both finals in same week pre-holidays but Ardboe could not agree, due to a hectic schedule already including the All-Ireland Feile. Instead, both clubs agreed to play the league final pre-holidays and the Championship final in September. However, Ardboe and County board have now stated that they wish for the final to go ahead tonight, as originally fixed.

Therefore, we have no option but to forfeit the game. To supporters and parents of players, please be assured we have done everything we can over the past 2 weeks to get this game moved but to no avail.

We will continue to work with Ardboe and the County Board to resolve this issue, as I'm sure both clubs would want the final to take place."

I don't see the decision to concede a Grade 1 championship would be taken lightly, especially as they were going for the double over Ardboe.

Massive f**k up by Ardboe and County board.

1. County board schedule an u14 final in middle of July fortnight Hello kids  / family holidays .???? have some cop on.

2. Ardboe lack the decency to reschedule the game Hello 14 year old county final Hello Sportsmanship ????? have some cop on.

Jeremiah O

Donaghmore forgot to mention that they refused Ardboe's request to move the league final from the Wednesday night to the Friday.
Unconquered and unconquerable

redzone

No doubt these finals should finished before end of June. I think donghmore played a u-14 final a few years back in Aug/sept time as well so this obviously set the marker for that suggestion. Unfortunately the finals were set months ago as was the holiday break. It's the same for every team, if you have players missing and the other team doesn't agree to moving the game then it goes ahead. They have 3 men managing and a squad of 25 plus. They mightn't have won but it's not all about winning at that level. Their management would do well to try and understand that

In hiding

Quote from: redzone on July 20, 2018, 09:47:06 PM
No doubt these finals should finished before end of June. I think donghmore played a u-14 final a few years back in Aug/sept time as well so this obviously set the marker for that suggestion. Unfortunately the finals were set months ago as was the holiday break. It's the same for every team, if you have players missing and the other team doesn't agree to moving the game then it goes ahead. They have 3 men managing and a squad of 25 plus. They mightn't have won but it's not all about winning at that level. Their management would do well to try and understand that
If it's not all abiut winning then why would Ardboe not agree to refixing the game to a date which would suit both teams and allow all the lads involved to play in a championship final

Jeremiah O

Ardboe played a championship semi final on the Monday,2 Féile games on the Friday,2 Féile games on the Saturday and one on the Sunday.
Ardboe asked for the league final to be moved from the Wednesday to the Friday to give their injured players more recovery time.This was point blank refused by Donaghmore.They also knew Ardboe would be missing a key defender for that game.So they refused to switch it,and they were entitled to do so.
Ardboe played on the Wednesday night,gave it their best shot and came up short.

Now it's a different story when the shoe is on the other foot.Ardboe told Donaghmore over a week ago that they would be playing the championship final last night.Ardboe,like Donaghmore were also perfectly entitled to do so.
I would imagine parents of the 19 remaining Donaghmore players wouldn't be too happy with their clubs decision to forfeit the game.
Unconquered and unconquerable

viiv

Ardboe have yet to receive a request from Donaghmore in writing asking for the game to be moved.

The Trap

Looking at results these are clearly the best 2 teams in the age group. Will be a good rivalry at 16s and minor......is that it then? Have ardboe got the cup?

WT4E

Donaghmore need to take a step back and take a deep breath!