Next week's handicap system is stupid.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on August 20, 2023, 10:45:16 PM
rent free ::) lol

some back 9 from hovland, unreal performance

you lads might have better luck next week with only 30 players  ;D

Thought you only came out for majors
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Orior on August 20, 2023, 10:49:50 PM
Next week's handicap system is stupid.

The whole playoffs is stupid, it's just playing for money. Hard to garner too much interest in it
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Hound

Koepka moved from 5th to 7th in the Ryder Cup list, which is final now. Only top 6 are automatic.
Scheffler, Wyndham Clark,  Cantlay, Harman, Homa and Schauffele being the 6 qualifiers.

Will be very interesting to see if ZackJ picks Koepka. He's been pretty anti LIV, but I guess he will pick him, but nobody else from LIV

Orior

Apparently there was an Armagh flag at East Lake yesterday.

Anyone here see it?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

trailer

Quote from: Hound on August 21, 2023, 08:28:30 AM
Koepka moved from 5th to 7th in the Ryder Cup list, which is final now. Only top 6 are automatic.
Scheffler, Wyndham Clark,  Cantlay, Harman, Homa and Schauffele being the 6 qualifiers.

Will be very interesting to see if ZackJ picks Koepka. He's been pretty anti LIV, but I guess he will pick him, but nobody else from LIV

Is the Ryder cup not between the two tours? Koepka is ineligible if he's not a member? That was my understanding.

Hound

Quote from: trailer on August 26, 2023, 09:51:51 PM

Is the Ryder cup not between the two tours? Koepka is ineligible if he's not a member? That was my understanding.
It's the PGA of America which organizes the Ryder Cup on the US side, not the PGA Tour. The PGA of America also organizes the US PGA major. A third organisation, the US Golf Association organizes the US Open.

So the LIV golfers are no longer on the PGA Tour, but are still members of the PGA of America, so are eligible for the Ryder Cup. Albeit the PGA of America could, arguably, have amended their qualification rules to award points for LIV events, but they didn't. So Koepka was the only LIV player anywhere near qualifying automatically because of his performance in the majors.

On the other hand it is the European Tour (DP World Tour) which organizes the Ryder Cup on the European side, so most of the LIV golfers resigned from the European Tour making them ineligible for the Ryder Cup

trailer

Quote from: Hound on August 27, 2023, 08:51:57 AM
Quote from: trailer on August 26, 2023, 09:51:51 PM

It's the PGA of America which organizes the Ryder Cup on the US side, not the PGA Tour. The PGA of America also organizes the US PGA major. A third organisation, the US Golf Association organizes the US Open.

So the LIV golfers are no longer on the PGA Tour, but are still members of the PGA of America, so are eligible for the Ryder Cup. Albeit the PGA of America could, arguably, have amended their qualification rules to award points for LIV events, but they didn't. So Koepka was the only LIV player anywhere near qualifying automatically because of his performance in the majors.

On the other hand it is the European Tour (DP World Tour) which organizes the Ryder Cup on the European side, so most of the LIV golfers resigned from the European Tour making them ineligible for the Ryder Cup

Ok get you. Thanks.

Gabriel_Hurl

Think Brooks will get picked - they'd be stupid not to.

Don't think any of the LIV fellas will get a sniff of the European team.

JPGJOHNNYG

Looking at the euro standings for the RC, even with 6 picks Europe looking very light. About 9 obvious players but the last 3 could be anyone. It could be a right stuffing again

An Watcher

Think that's always been the way though.  Alot more strength n depth in the US teams

LeoMc

Quote from: Orior on August 26, 2023, 08:08:27 PM
Apparently there was an Armagh flag at East Lake yesterday.

Anyone here see it?
I saw one in Budapest at the Athletics.

Gabriel_Hurl

Zach Johnson's picks

Sam Burns, Rickie Fowler, Brooks Koepka, Collin Morikawa, Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas.

Hound

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 29, 2023, 03:15:04 PM
Zach Johnson's picks

Sam Burns, Rickie Fowler, Brooks Koepka, Collin Morikawa, Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas.
A good job that the Ryder Cup is not played on paper!

trailer

Quote from: Hound on August 29, 2023, 03:25:52 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 29, 2023, 03:15:04 PM
Zach Johnson's picks

A good job that the Ryder Cup is not played on paper!

Home town advantage is a big thing. Home captain gets to set the course up to suit. Usually in Europe that means long penal rough and tucked pins. Be interesting to see how Luke Donald approaches it. Yanks love wide open bomber courses, with the pins in the middle of the green, essentially making it a putting competition.