The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

What about all that family time the LIV beys wanted?

trailer

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 06, 2023, 03:37:47 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 06, 2023, 03:30:00 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 06, 2023, 03:28:05 PM
By the look of Twitter nobody knew what was happening except a handful of people.

PGA tour players won't be happy!

Think everyone is caught by surprise. Ryder cup could be proper feisty now if LIV guys are back in.

It will all be forgotten, do you think this has happened without McIlroy, Woods blessing ? They have all been given a kings ransom. Makes some of the high profile critics of it on the PGA Tour look a bit daft now

Perhaps. Strange that nobody had any idea. There wasn't even a rumour of talks never mind an agreement. If Wood, McIlroy, Mickelson etc were involved you'd imagine there would have been a leak somewhere?
Maybe not. I'm not sure.

Saffrongael

Looks like Saudi (and money) won
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Saffrongael

Quote from: trailer on June 06, 2023, 03:44:17 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on June 06, 2023, 03:37:47 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 06, 2023, 03:30:00 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 06, 2023, 03:28:05 PM
By the look of Twitter nobody knew what was happening except a handful of people.

PGA tour players won't be happy!

Think everyone is caught by surprise. Ryder cup could be proper feisty now if LIV guys are back in.

It will all be forgotten, do you think this has happened without McIlroy, Woods blessing ? They have all been given a kings ransom. Makes some of the high profile critics of it on the PGA Tour look a bit daft now

Perhaps. Strange that nobody had any idea. There wasn't even a rumour of talks never mind an agreement. If Wood, McIlroy, Mickelson etc were involved you'd imagine there would have been a leak somewhere?
Maybe not. I'm not sure.

It's rare for something like this not leaking though - I read McIlroy had softened his stance slightly recently.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

dec

DP World Tour are also part of the deal, maybe this will lead to an actual World Tour.

Saffrongael

Mind you looks like Morikawa found out on Twitter like the rest of us

Gmac

Haha fellas on here we're getting fired up about it .

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 06, 2023, 03:52:14 PM
Mind you looks like Morikawa found out on Twitter like the rest of us

Greg Norman didn't know and by the sounds of it won't be involved any more.

trailer

Loads coming out saying they found out on Twitter. Rory looks like a dickhead, defending the PGA only for Brooks and all to pocket hundreds of millions and then merge anyway. I'd be pissed. 

Saffrongael

Quote from: trailer on June 06, 2023, 04:19:36 PM
Loads coming out saying they found out on Twitter. Rory looks like a dickhead, defending the PGA only for Brooks and all to pocket hundreds of millions and then merge anyway. I'd be pissed.

You would assume McIlroy and the top ones have been made promises by the Saudis 

trailer

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 06, 2023, 04:21:52 PM

Sure the big objection was that it was sports washing and nobody wanted the big bad Saudis involved. Is that all forgotten?

Kidder81

Quote from: trailer on June 06, 2023, 04:23:24 PM
Loads coming out saying they found out  on Twitter. Rory looks like a dickhead, defending the PGA only for Brooks and all to pocket hundreds of millions and then merge anyway. I'd be pissed.

Sure the big objection was that it was sports washing and nobody wanted the big bad Saudis involved. Is that all forgotten?

Looks like it, Jay Monahan talking about "growing the game"

trailer

Quote from: Kidder81 on June 06, 2023, 04:28:48 PM
Loads coming out saying they found out  on Twitter. Rory looks like a dickhead, defending the PGA only for Brooks and all to pocket hundreds of millions and then merge anyway. I'd be pissed.

Monahan is gonna face a backlash. I can't see him lasting. This is only starting.

Kidder81

Quote from: trailer on June 06, 2023, 05:14:48 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on June 06, 2023, 04:28:48 PM

Monahan is gonna face a backlash. I can't see him lasting. This is only starting.

A big payoff I'm guessing, he won't care

Gmac

Rory , brandel chamblee let's see how their morals hold up now