Previous topic - Next topic

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: JimStynes on June 20, 2021, 10:38:41 AM
Quote from: trailer on June 20, 2021, 10:20:37 AM
How's Leyton Hewitt doing?

Didn't make the cut! AGAIN

Had a double fault on the first and went downhill from there

Orior

Good to see Rory in contention again on the final day. Problem is that there are a lot of other good players in contention. Rory needs another 67 to win.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Boycey

Quote from: Orior on June 20, 2021, 12:10:47 PM
Good to see Rory in contention again on the final day. Problem is that there are a lot of other good players in contention. Rory needs another 67 to win.

Good players in contention going into the last round of a major, whatever next...

bannside

Rory has a lot of poor form on last days of championships. Has been in this position many times but implodes.  It could be a psychological thing, but today he has another chance of nailing that. If he posts a 67 that he is capable of that's all you can ask for, and hope it's enough.

Milltown Row2

They'll be ones hiding behind the settee tonight....

In fairness stringing two good days together is rare for him
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Didn't even know there was a major on until I opened this thread just now.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

In fairness to McIlroy he also has a bit of form for playing well in the final round  :)

Kidder81

Quote from: laoislad on June 20, 2021, 01:17:12 PM

Don't think the fanboys knew either until they got wind he was doing well

yellowcard

Rory has the chance to answer some critics tonight if he can play well and shoot a low score or better still, win his 5th major. It's been a long time since he put himself in this position in a major championship so it will be interesting to see how he fares. Either way I expect that he will either be labelled our best ever sportsman or a bottler here in the morning depending on the outcome.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Kidder81 on June 20, 2021, 02:20:17 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 20, 2021, 01:17:12 PM

Don't think the fanboys knew either until they got wind he was doing well

happens every major,

fanboys don't appear until their boy looks like he has a chance,

few bogeys later it's all quiet again

pressure is on now, lets see if he can shoot 67 on a sunday

chambeau the fav imo

should be a good night

Boycey

Leona Maguire soon to go out in the final group of the LPGA  tournament also. She had led after 36 holes but a 62 from Nelly Korda yesterday sees Maguire start 3 back, be great to see her make the breakthrough.,

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on June 20, 2021, 02:31:20 PM

happens every major,

fanboys don't appear until their boy looks like he has a chance,

few bogeys later it's all quiet again

pressure is on now, lets see if he can shoot 67 on a sunday

chambeau the fav imo

should be a good night

LOL at this lad thirsting for attention again

Boycey

Maguire finished 2nd, had an eagle putt at the last to potentially win. Her best result to date....

Boycey

Meh I don't think many of yis have watched any of the golf this weekend as the paragliders haven't got a mention yet...

straightred

Quote from: Boycey on June 20, 2021, 08:47:58 PM
Maguire finished 2nd, had an eagle putt at the last to potentially win. Her best result to date....

Watched the last 5 holes. Seriously high standard of golf. She was very unlucky to come up against someone who had a 62 on Saturday. Only a matter of time before she wins