The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Playing some stuff. Lowry right up there as well after doing so well at the masters. Great to see

JPGJOHNNYG

Shane missing a shortish putt on the last shame. Great work by both of them if  they could have got one or 2 shots better may have been very interedting as the leaders are struggling in tough conditions

Targetman

Is Koepka's caddy from the north?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Targetman on May 23, 2021, 10:01:11 PM

QuoteKoepka's bagman is Ricky Elliott, who is originally from Portrush in Northern Ireland.

He grew up with 2010 US Open champion Graeme McDowell and is also close friends with Ian Poulter.

The caddie, who played at Royal Portrush Golf Club as a junior, was a promising youngster, winning titles such as the Ulster Boys Championship and the Ulster Youth Championship.

Elliott represented Ireland at the 1990 European Youths Championship with Michael Hoey.

Tony Baloney

Highest placed finisher from the North.

screenexile

Phil going well here surprised nobody's called out Koepka for choking so hard!!

He hasn't obviously but it just seems to be the way we go on in this thread.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 23, 2021, 10:39:28 PM
Highest placed finisher from the North.

Maybe not the way Brooks is imploding on the back 9

Tony Baloney

Mickelson has the best short game I've seen since Seve in his pomp.

screenexile

Good job there's no Covid in America!!

Jesus Christ!

JimStynes

Brilliant from Mickelson. What a performance all weekend. He'll be missed when he finally retires.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on May 24, 2021, 12:06:08 AM
Good job there's no Covid in America!!

Jesus Christ!
Aye nuts at the end there. Did they not have any rules for attendees?!

Mikhail Prokhorov

amazing performance from phil, deserved it today

laoislad

Great to see Lowry and Harrington do so well. Nice to see Irish flags near the top of the leaderboard.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

trailer

Quote from: laoislad on May 24, 2021, 06:41:12 AM
Great to see Lowry and Harrington do so well. Nice to see Irish flags near the top of the leaderboard.

Brilliant to see and they clearly benefitted from playing together.
Mickelson was just sublime. That's a really tough course and he plotted his way around it so, so well.

Applesisapples

Quote from: michaelg on May 21, 2021, 05:07:19 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on May 21, 2021, 11:40:30 AM
I have never liked McIlroy. But he is a talented golfer and his results prove that. I wouldn't wish him to fail, it doesn't bother me either way though. That course is brutal and +3 is still in the hunt.
Other than the, perhaps glaringly obvious, what has he done to annoy you? After 15 years in the public eye, he always comes across well and seems a good guy, in a sport too, where there is fairly high proportion of  assholes.
Actually not the glaringly obvious, perhaps that is you jumping to the glaringly obvious, family had interactions with him when he first got some cash. The impression he left was not positive. See previous comments I have made on his honesty in interviews.