The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on April 07, 2018, 11:33:07 PM
MilltownRow is going to give out again but I hate Reed. I hope he collapses but he's awesome at the min.

He's a balloon but this week he's been good! Just wish I had have backed him.. still have Rory at 11's straight and Fowler each/way.. can't see anyone getting back at those three.. Reeds chip in st 15 was top notch
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Dishes for himself to wash after being out all day at Croke Park!

Plus I had a wee practice at the chip and run I learned this week.

Minder

Yeah wouldn't mind seeing Reed winning but I have £25 on McIlroy
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Minder on April 07, 2018, 11:56:00 PM

Man your nuts if i was you i would want reed to shoot an 80 so you can cash in. Mcilroy at times can be a p***k but he is our p***k. My money is on Stenson but i would much rather mcilroy do the grand slam than for me to win 350 quid

screenexile

Jesus the Masters is great stuff isn't it?!

Minder

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on April 08, 2018, 12:00:24 AM
Quote from: Minder on April 07, 2018, 11:56:00 PM

Man your nuts if i was you i would want reed to shoot an 80 so you can cash in. Mcilroy at times can be a p***k but he is our p***k. My money is on Stenson but i would much rather mcilroy do the grand slam than for me to win 350 quid

I don't see it like that, don't really see any golfer as "ours", can't identify with any of them. They are all representing themselves & their sponsors, not their country. But that's ok. I have a few favourites and he wouldn't really be one of them.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

sid waddell

BBC's coverage, led by the incomparable Peter Alliss, is, as ever, unrivalled and a joy to watch and listen to.

thebigfella

Quote from: sid waddell on April 08, 2018, 01:35:32 AM
BBC's coverage, led by the incomparable Peter Alliss, is, as ever, unrivalled and a joy to watch and listen to.

::)

Alliss is a Cnut.. BBC and him doing nothing for the image of golf. You might as well have have Weinstein presenting the coverage with Prince Phillip.

DrinkingHarp

If Reed scores 67 or lower he sets lowest score for four rounds at Masters and I believe the only player in history to shoot under 70 all four rounds.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Orior

Reeds fade shot looks fragile. Let's hope it gets him into trouble on Sunday.

If Rory does not win then I would much rather it was Ricki, than Reed.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on April 08, 2018, 10:04:29 AM

If Rory doesn't win it won't be for the lack of effort! Reed has just had his best ever rounds of golf at this level, but a late night me thinks
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Really looking forward to it Masters Sunday has a way of getting into the head of leaders and it's not so often that they can get over the line!!

I think Rory will be very happy to be playing Reed today the match play aspect should suit him and I think chasing will suit him better than leading.

Boycey

Depending on how Reed goes the players as far back as -6 are still in with a shout I reckon.

I'm really looking forward to tonight it could be something really special and obviously I hope Rory wins. I don't have the hate that other people have for Reed and if he plays the golf and he wins good on him too..

never kickt a ball

Quote from: screenexile on April 08, 2018, 10:17:37 AM

Really looking forward to it Masters Sunday has a way of getting into the head of leaders and it's not so often that they can get over the line!!

I think Rory will be very happy to be playing Reed today the match play aspect should suit him and I think chasing will suit him better than leading.

I thought Reid owned Rory in the Ryder Cup head to head. He won't mind playing with Rory either.

screenexile

'Today will be the twelfth time since 2000 that a player without a major victory has held the lead going into the final round of the Masters. Only two of the previous 11 players have gone on to win.'

Great stat!!