The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Can't see what she did wrong myself. The other Golfer shouldn't have picked the ball up. It was her mistake.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Rory finally getting rid of JP. Laoislad my tip as the new caddy.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: laoislad on July 30, 2017, 02:45:40 PM
Can't see what she did wrong myself. The other Golfer shouldn't have picked the ball up. It was her mistake.

Agreed you learn this at a very early age for inter-club matches or any match for that matter. Seems harsh but the other player was an idiot for what she did

Orior

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 31, 2017, 09:14:44 AM

Getting rid, or has JP had enough?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JPGJOHNNYG

About 7 yrs over due. Ironic that reports at the open suggested JP got Rory to wise up after 9 holes and turn it around. Too many times at important moments in the past Rory tries some dumb shot when the caddy needs to take the club off him and give him the sensible option

laoislad

He'll probably go with a fellow Brit this time.
My money is on Orior.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 31, 2017, 09:49:00 AM

About 7 yrs over due. Ironic that reports at the open suggested JP got Rory to wise up after 9 holes and turn it around. Too many times at important moments in the past Rory tries some dumb shot when the caddy needs to take the club off him and give him the sensible option
I remember people questioning JP's usefulness after Rory's Masters collapse as he seemed to be too passive.

Orior

Quote from: laoislad on July 31, 2017, 09:58:34 AM
He'll probably go with a fellow Brit this time.
My money is on Orior.

Be advised my passport's green
No glass of mine ever toasted the Queen

Longshanks

People criticising Rory here which I think is unfair, been plenty of years with that caddie and he hasn't said he is blaming him and if anything has praised him or defended him.
Plenty of golfers change caddie regular enough or until they find the right one and at some point Rory would have had to change anyway given the difference in age.
He has to give himself the best change to win at this stage and maybe this change will help.
By the way I'm not a massive Rory fan at the best of times but he seems to be getting a time of it regarding this decision if true.

Orior

First hole at the Bridgestone.

Spieth - second shot is 177 yards to the hole, and he leaves it 3 yards from the pin and sinks the putt.

McIlroy - second shot is 103 yards to the hole, and he leaves it 14 yards from the pin. Two putts for the par.

Hmmm, is the caddy the main problem for Rory?

Franko

Quote from: Orior on August 03, 2017, 01:30:51 PM

Spieth - second shot is 177 yards to the hole, and he leaves it 3 yards from the pin and sinks the putt.

McIlroy - second shot is 103 yards to the hole, and he leaves it 14 yards from the pin. Two putts for the par.

Were they both pin high?

Puckoon

Pin high doesn't have any bearing. You could be 3 foot from the hole, pin high - and still have a nightmare putt

Orior it one hole - but yes there's no doubt Rory needs serious work on his short iron proximity to the hole work. Been abysmal recently.

Laura Davies 5 under at the women's British Open in a surprise story after qualifying her way in. Camera cuts to her and Peter Aliss says "Here we go, Big Laura".

Hardy

Quote from: Orior on August 03, 2017, 01:30:51 PM

Tell you what, let's see how it goes over two holes.

screenexile

Quote from: Puckoon on August 03, 2017, 02:47:06 PM
Pin high doesn't have any bearing. You could be 3 foot from the hole, pin high - and still have a nightmare putt

Orior it one hole - but yes there's no doubt Rory needs serious work on his short iron proximity to the hole work. Been abysmal recently.

Laura Davies 5 under at the women's British Open in a surprise story after qualifying her way in. Camera cuts to her and Peter Aliss says "Here we go, Big Laura".

It's something a lot of people seem to miss when looking at Rory because his putting is usually blamed but he's very very poor from 100-150 yards out compared to a Spieth or DJ (DJ used to be poor but put a lot of work in with it before he won his major).

Thought Rory handled the presser very well last night with regard to JP. There probably is a bit of a rift but sounds like they've managed to get it smoothed over to cause least resistance!

Franko

Quote from: Puckoon on August 03, 2017, 02:47:06 PM

I beg to differ... whether they were pin high or not would tell you whether the caddy had clubbed him correctly.  If Rory's 14yds short/long, he's probably got the wrong club in his hand.  If, after that, Rory had steered it wrong, it's nothing to do with the caddy (nearly!).