The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

thebigfella

Quote from: Puckoon on April 08, 2017, 09:31:10 PM
Quote from: Orior on April 08, 2017, 09:12:06 PM
I'd a difference of opinion today on a course. Using another golfer's ball for my line, I chipped the ball onto the green, and hit the other golfer's ball.

I assumed we should have replaced the golfer's ball back to its original position, but my fellow golfer said no. He said we only replace the ball to its original position if both balls started on the green. 

You are right, he is wrong. If you are hitting your opponents ball when you're both on the green then you're both stupid/lazy/awful putters.

And due a penalty.

If the player didn't replace his ball, I'd assume he is due a penalty for playing from the wrong spot and potentially a disqualification for signing for an incorrect scorecard?

screenexile

Quote from: thebigfella on April 08, 2017, 11:29:47 PM
I'd a difference of opinion today on a course. Using another golfer's ball for my line, I chipped the ball onto the green, and hit the other golfer's ball.

I assumed we should have replaced the golfer's ball back to its original position, but my fellow golfer said no. He said we only replace the ball to its original position if both balls started on the green. 

You are right, he is wrong. If you are hitting your opponents ball when you're both on the green then you're both stupid/lazy/awful putters.

And due a penalty.

If the player didn't replace his ball, I'd assume he is due a penalty for playing from the wrong spot and potentially a disqualification for signing for an incorrect scorecard?

You don't get DQ for signing an incorrect score anymore it's 2 shots. Happened in the Ladies major last week.
A

thebigfella

Quote from: screenexile on April 08, 2017, 11:50:14 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on April 08, 2017, 11:29:47 PM

And due a penalty.

You don't get DQ for signing an incorrect score anymore it's 2 shots. Happened in the Ladies major last week.
A

You don't get DQ'd if you didn't know you had incurred a penalty. Thompson didn't get DQ'd as she didn't know about the penalty at the time of signing the scorecard. The rule was put in place to prevent pro's getting DQ'd due to Viewers phoning in post round. You've always had the option to review post round, correct, prior to submitting.

My interpretation is it's cut and dry in this case, the player played from the wrong spot and didn't know the rule. They could have checked prior to signing and submitting the card, as it was challenged.

Tony Baloney

Jesus is Orior's round more exciting than the Masters?!

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on April 09, 2017, 08:29:33 PM
Great start from Sergio.
Could this be it?! 🙈

Will be some test of bottle when it gets to the last few if he's still leading!!

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 09, 2017, 08:40:17 PM
Quote from: laoislad on April 09, 2017, 08:29:33 PM
Great start from Sergio.
Could this be it?! 🙈

Will be some test of bottle when it gets to the last few if he's still leading!!
3 shot lead now!

Puckoon

Pulsing thinknkf a better champion if he can get it done. I'm nervous just watching him!

Orior

Anybody but Spieth. Hopefully Sergio. And afterwards, invite Tiger around for some fried chicken, lol.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

maigheo

Sergio down by 1.Beginning to show some cracks

laoislad

Puckoon

Yep. Hard to see him come back now. Abandoned his patience on the 13th and he's in the spinach!

Milltown Row2

His balls have dropped it seems!! Good recovery shot there but he must consider himself to be like Monty now! Decent golfer but not a major in him!

To be fair to Rose he's kept it together !! Hopefully he'll keep his composure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Rose keeping his head. Should see it out now. As long as Sergio stays in e/w territory  :D