The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

i hear you Puckoon, and there is a fair shot at that happening all right.

On the other had, Tiger's commercial appeal, and his appeal to the non golf crowd is unbelievable. The tournaments are delighted, the other players are delighted, golf channel and NBC are delighted.  Simply put and without judgement, more people care about golf when Tiger is playing.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Puckoon

Quote from: heganboy on September 07, 2016, 06:36:48 PM

On the other had, Tiger's commercial appeal, and his appeal to the non golf crowd is unbelievable. The tournaments are delighted, the other players are delighted, golf channel and NBC are delighted.  Simply put and without judgement, more people care about golf when Tiger is playing.

Agree with most of the delight (at least on the surface).... except, the other players? Are they really delighted when the Tiger circus rolls around...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Puckoon on September 07, 2016, 09:08:22 PM

Agree with most of the delight (at least on the surface).... except, the other players? Are they really delighted when the Tiger circus rolls around...

Probably as it would take the pressure/limelight off them and they can concentrate on their own game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CiKe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 07, 2016, 09:31:19 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on September 07, 2016, 09:08:22 PM

Probably as it would take the pressure/limelight off them and they can concentrate on their own game

Would love to see him back  and dominating, just can't see it

Puckoon

Not a snowballs hope in hell of him even competing (regularly, I'll maybe give him a one off if he comes to the Reno Tahoe Open), let alone dominating. He's done!

Boycey

I don't think Tiger coming back is near a big deal as it would have been in the past.. McIlroy, Speith, Day and Johnson have heralded a new era in golf. Unless Tiger can compete with them, which I doubt, he'll just be a moderately interesting sideshow..

heganboy

QuoteYou miss the buzz he creates at tournaments He brings an aura and an atmosphere to a tournament that no one else in golf can bring. I missed that part of it, for sure. It would be great to see him give it one last shot for the next half a decade or whatever. Everyone is excited to have him back.

Mr R McIlroy Esq earlier today

Puckoon

Puckoon

The Hole in One - Anyone got one?

Had the family over visiting couple weeks ago, younger brother holes out on a par 3 for his first ace. Pretty cool deal, but hit him an awful skite in the wallet.

Puckoon

Cheating Tiger's Ex Elin dating Gwen Stefani's cheating ex Gavin Rossdale. So says the Missus anyway.

Boycey

Quote from: Puckoon on September 07, 2016, 11:25:35 PM
The Hole in One - Anyone got one?

Had the family over visiting couple weeks ago, younger brother holes out on a par 3 for his first ace. Pretty cool deal, but hit him an awful skite in the wallet.

Got 2, both at the same hole on my local course.. The 1st was on Captains Day on the closest to the pin hole. It was a terrible shot bounced 2/3 times before the green and if it hadn't hit the flag it would have been through the back in ankle deep rough. The second came from a really good shot one day I was tipping around in my own. Had I not already had one I'd have been gutted  ;D

Boycey

Rory having a mental round at the Tour Championship, he's had no less than 9 threes and a two as well as 2 double bogeys and a 3 putt from 10 foot.

Boycey

Rory right in the mix for the $10m prize tomorrow night  :o

heganboy

Needs to win and Johnson not be 2nd on his own

heganboy