The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouview

Quote from: screenexile on August 30, 2016, 12:44:32 PM
Kaymer, Pieters and Westwood get the nod and you can't argue with it too much really well maybe Pieters but the other 2 are solid and seasoned Ryder Cup players.

A few losing their marbles over Lowry's omission but his form since the US Open means there is no way you can take him. Too many lads playing too well to take someone suffering a slump in form. I think he'll be back again though and could be a Ryder Cup great I believe!

Donald will be disappointed at being usurped by the in-form Pieters, but Kaymer and Westwood kind of got lucky also I think. Neither has had great form all year and Lee has a habit of bottling. Russell Knox quite unlucky; had a fairly good season and will know the American players and type of course.

cornerback

Just wondering in your "friendly" 4-ball match-play does everyone now play 90% difference or do you still play the old 3/4 difference.

I know for an official match it would be 90% since the start of the year but just wondering among your own 4-ball did you adopt this ruling?

Orior

Quote from: cornerback on September 02, 2016, 01:38:01 PM
Just wondering in your "friendly" 4-ball match-play does everyone now play 90% difference or do you still play the old 3/4 difference.

I know for an official match it would be 90% since the start of the year but just wondering among your own 4-ball did you adopt this ruling?

Yes, in our four-ball for a 50 pence stake.

I see that Rory is playing this weekend again. At least he will have an excuse that he is exhausted. Two weeks in a row. Jeez!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Puckoon

Interesting, in match play over here (both official and "friendly"  :-X) we play full handicaps and stroke off the low guy (yes that sounds bad). I.E. Orior is the low index player and his HC is 2 below me - he gets no strokes, I get 2. Not unusual in a friendly round to play even if the indexes are within 1 or 2 of each other.

In all stableford tournaments we go 80% of the current course handicap.

Boycey

Golf warming up rightly now, Rory in the mix joint leader with 9 to play.

screenexile

Quote from: Boycey on September 05, 2016, 04:08:40 PM
Golf warming up rightly now, Rory in the mix joint leader with 9 to play.

Whatever about him personally it's hard to argue there are any better sights in golf than McIlroy on a charge... He's been brilliant and putting well improved!

Boycey

A brilliant win, all the more impressive when you remember he was +4 after 3 holes on the 1st day..

Orior

Good to see him win. Hopefully he can get back to being world number 1.

Applesisapples

Hateful wee bollix but a superb golfer, some of his wedge play yesterday was outrageous. Not as hateful as Casey though.

Link

Quote from: cornerback on September 02, 2016, 01:38:01 PM

yeah, 90% recently and full shots on singles matchplay.
won 6&4 after giving up 6 shots recently. have to give 10 shots away next round.

Orior

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 06, 2016, 03:37:03 PM
Hateful wee bollix but a superb golfer, some of his wedge play yesterday was outrageous. Not as hateful as Casey though.

Do you play yourself son? Or are all golfers hateful bollixes, lol.

Gabriel_Hurl

Sounds like Mr. Woods is making his comeback next month

Applesisapples

Quote from: Orior on September 06, 2016, 04:19:34 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on September 06, 2016, 03:37:03 PM

Do you play yourself son? Or are all golfers hateful bollixes, lol.
I play and would love to drive like Rory and putt like Spieth, hell I'd even take the other way round! And some golfers are undoubtedly wee bollixes, but this has nothing to do with their golfing ability.

heganboy

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 07, 2016, 04:19:39 PM

Still the biggest story in golf
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Puckoon

Quote from: heganboy on September 07, 2016, 05:42:36 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 07, 2016, 04:19:39 PM

Still the biggest story in golf

For the life of me I can't see why or how. Soon be into Brett Favre territory. Miss the cut in his first few events, hurt himself again, wash rinse and repeat until he can join the senior tour.