The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

It'll be an interesting one. I imagine he's locked into his Nike deal for at least another 6.5 years in terms of Apparel and he'll just pick and choose whatever clubs he wants I reckon.

It'll be interesting to see if he pulls out the Scotty Cameron putter for the next tournament. Rich Beem was on with the offtheball lads the other day talking about how he pulled it out in the locker room at Baltusrol with a gleam in his eye but wasn't able to use it.

That's all changed now!!

On another note Lowry's article looks like a love letter to big Darren. He's all in for the Ryder Cup. I hope he can string a couple of performances together in the next few weeks because it would be great to have him there but he needs to show some sort of form between now and decision time.

stew

Quote from: Puckoon on August 03, 2016, 11:18:12 PM
Nike to stop making clubs, balls, bags. Focusing on footwear and apparel. Interesting!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-03/nike-to-stop-making-golf-equipment-in-latest-blow-to-the-sport

I would never wear or buy Nike products, they were too fond of child labor for my tastes, their clubs and balls are sub standard, this is a good move for them.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

thebigfella

Quote from: stew on August 04, 2016, 10:42:10 AM
Nike to stop making clubs, balls, bags. Focusing on footwear and apparel. Interesting!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-03/nike-to-stop-making-golf-equipment-in-latest-blow-to-the-sport

I would never wear or buy Nike products, they were too fond of child labor for my tastes, their clubs and balls are sub standard, this is a good move for them.

Nonsense, they make as good equipment as anyone. The forged irons are excellent.

It's a pure financial decision as they can get just as much exposure from apparel & shoes without having the massive O&D costs; pretty much like what under armor does. Adidas are doing the same by selling off taylormade/adams.

gallsman

Saw a tweet yesterday from an ESPN journalist who had just spoken with Matt Kuchar. Kuchar is competing in Rio and until the journalist told him otherwise, believed it was a team competition rather than individual stroke play.

Orior

Other than Rory, does anyone know anybody who uses Nike golf clubs?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

thebigfella

Quote from: Orior on August 04, 2016, 11:46:40 AM

Tiger Woods, Michelle Wie, Paul Casey, Brooks Koepka, Jhonattan Vegas off the top of my head. Charl schwartzel moved just before the open but they have a few others.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: thebigfella on August 04, 2016, 12:02:12 PM
Quote from: Orior on August 04, 2016, 11:46:40 AM

Tiger Woods, Michelle Wie, Paul Casey, Brooks Koepka, Jhonattan Vegas off the top of my head. Charl schwartzel moved just before the open but they have a few others.

Tiger Woods' ex-wife also then it would appear

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Jim Furyk has just shot a 58!!!

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on August 05, 2016, 06:07:36 PM

Rory has tweeted that if they box as well as they tweet they will be bringing home gold, and good luck lads!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Kaymer, Pieters and Westwood get the nod and you can't argue with it too much really well maybe Pieters but the other 2 are solid and seasoned Ryder Cup players.

A few losing their marbles over Lowry's omission but his form since the US Open means there is no way you can take him. Too many lads playing too well to take someone suffering a slump in form. I think he'll be back again though and could be a Ryder Cup great I believe!

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on August 30, 2016, 12:44:32 PM
Kaymer, Pieters and Westwood get the nod and you can't argue with it too much really well maybe Pieters but the other 2 are solid and seasoned Ryder Cup players.

A few losing their marbles over Lowry's omission but his form since the US Open means there is no way you can take him. Too many lads playing too well to take someone suffering a slump in form. I think he'll be back again though and could be a Ryder Cup great I believe!
Yeah agree about Lowry. His form had gone seriously downhill recently.

AZOffaly

No arguments about Lowry's form or his omission. I can't understand who would be losing their marbles over that.

Hound

Hopefully it's just Shane's season and not his career that's been ruined by US Open Sunday.

This weekend really capped it all. Came to Europe to try and show some form for Clarke, as well as to show his hunger for the Ryder Cup, thus missing an US tournament in the Fedex Cup battle. But he was about 80th in the Fedex rankings and knew that the top 100 would make qualify for next week's event, and it would be highly unlikely that he'd lose that many places in a week.

Turned out results went exactly the wrong way and he ended up 102nd in the rankings, and thus is out of the Fedex Cup.

He seems to regret not going to the Olympics as well.