The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ose 14

its amazing that few of any of the top ladies in world golf have pulled out. this is nothing to do with zika just pampered fools. rory dosent give a toss mcdowell is on the slide and lowry needs to make the ryder cup, he will be too tired to be in brazil in their winter and on a golf course beside the sea(2 factors that reduce mosquitoes).

JPGJOHNNYG

I personally think they are being incredibly selfish. You can claim health reasons all you want but the fact there isnt huge withdrawals across the board says it all. These top players who cant be bothered are going to wreck it for other golfers as surely it should be pulled from future olympics and an other sport such as squash or karate given a chance. I initially thought the idea of golf at the olympics was daft and maybe should only have been for amateurs but now its up and running I realise it does open the sport up to a big new audience and gives an opportunity for some lesser players to play in a big event but the millionaire boys look like destroying the thing before it has even started but hey its no big deal to them. Kind of glad now Lowry shat himself at the US open. How ironic that as it stands his rival Dustin Johnson who has taken more recreational drugs than a whole rock band is still happy to go.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: NetNitrate on June 29, 2016, 01:57:38 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on June 29, 2016, 12:44:39 AM
I think these golfers are wimping out. Just leave the girl friend or wife at home and there is no problem. Maybe abstain from sex for a few weeks after you get back just to be safe. They are giving up a big opportunity over fear of the unknown zika virus. You don't see other athletes pulling out like this, it is just the golfers. Maybe it is because there is no prestige for the Olympic golf tournament, which is new to the Olympics.

You also have a far greater chance of getting bit by mosquito on golf course. Golfers are used to mosquitoes on American courses. They are unlikely to be swarming around the boxing halls and swimming stadiums. Even sporting arenas are not breeding grounds for mosquitoes. But golf courses in warmer climes are. Of course all this won't stop some of our ignorant boxers acting the pontificating fiorghael.

Your argument doesnt really stand up its already noted that in winter by the sea mosquitoes are not swarming around the golf course either. Surely all those rowers sat in a canoe in a swamp are more at risk and they have to factor in the pollution as well which resulted in 13 Americans being severely sick last year. The lake wont be cleaned in time for the olympics and is a REAL health risk but I dont hear of any withdrawals form the rowers, how fecking strange I wonder why oh thats right they dont earn any money ALL the time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mouview on June 29, 2016, 12:47:22 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 28, 2016, 03:10:45 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 28, 2016, 03:09:23 PM
Me or Lowry?

Lowry for letting down all the Rory haters

Lowry has only recently gotten married. It is of course in his and his wife's best interests not to endanger their future livelihood and health by exposing himself to an unknown and unnecessary welfare threat. We wish him the best of success in his golfing career. McIlroy, on the other hand, is a treacherous rat whose decision was taken with self-interest and profit in mind; his patriotism is suspect because he's not really 'from here'. Why can't he bugger off back up North?

As I'm sure most people from ROI don't view northerners 'from here' anyways I love a good WUM
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

The Zika virus must be of incredible interest to scientists, as it seems to be able to target golfers or a greater extent than other sportspeople.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

laoislad

Sergio is the man.

I know there are some dangers but representing Spain, trying to make golf grow & becoming an Olympian are too important so I'll be at The Olympics
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on July 06, 2016, 10:05:34 AM
Sergio is the man.

I know there are some dangers but representing Spain, trying to make golf grow & becoming an Olympian are too important so I'll be at The Olympics

Doesn't bother him, he can't get it in the hole anyway.  ;)
MWWSI 2017

Gabriel_Hurl

He might have a shot at winning now

leaveherinsir

Portstewart to host 2017 Irish Open. 1st week in July should help attract more big names so close to The Open.

Applesisapples

Quote from: leaveherinsir on July 26, 2016, 09:45:23 PM
Portstewart to host 2017 Irish Open. 1st week in July should help attract more big names so close to The Open.
OWC does it again wee Stevie seen having multiple orgasms on Portstewart Strand last night, picture of Rors in hand.

Puckoon

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

muppet

MWWSI 2017

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Minder on August 03, 2016, 11:39:12 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on August 03, 2016, 11:18:12 PM
Nike to stop making clubs, balls, bags. Focusing on footwear and apparel. Interesting!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-03/nike-to-stop-making-golf-equipment-in-latest-blow-to-the-sport

Just saw that, don't think anyone saw that coming
[/quot

Which clubs will Rory jump to once finalized, go back to Titleist or hold out for $$$$ from another manufacturer?

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014