The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

A post resort on a beach in Barbados would not have the same mosquito threat as a golf course with water hazards etc. (I assume)

That article I posted earlier though, which was at the Memorial, was fairly positive about the virus, so something has changed in the last 3 weeks. Maybe her indoors has said "You're not coming near me if you go to Brazil".

rrhf

This may not just be about the zico virus folks. Theres lots of sharks there too. Dangerous spot. Plus they reckon the ridin in the athletes village is unrelenting. You could come home with a lot more than zico... the fiance would have  every right to be worried.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: laoislad on June 22, 2016, 02:13:16 PM
GMac or Harrington I presume.
Paul Dunne maybe?

MacDowell is next in line based on the qualifying criteria - either he'd have to pass or Lowry also would have to drop out for Harrington to play.

And Seamus Power is also ranked ahead of Dunne.

Hound

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 22, 2016, 02:23:10 PM
A post resort on a beach in Barbados would not have the same mosquito threat as a golf course with water hazards etc. (I assume)

That article I posted earlier though, which was at the Memorial, was fairly positive about the virus, so something has changed in the last 3 weeks. Maybe her indoors has said "You're not coming near me if you go to Brazil".
It was new to me this week that the virus could be passed human-to-human, rather than just from a mosquito.

AZOffaly

That's not knew Hound. He refers to it himself in that interview I posted. ""I think what the health experts are really worried about, it's not the individual cases. It's the fact that 500,000 people go to Rio, extra people, and they spend three weeks at the Games, they go back out of Rio, and some might have contracted Zika and don't know about it. Then all of a sudden, instead of it being this virus that's contained in a certain part of the world, it's now a global epidemic. And I think that's the real concern."

laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 22, 2016, 02:18:04 PM
It has been pointed out that Rory did a puff piece with the media recently on holiday in Barbados with the mot

Barbados has the same zika virus threat level as Brazil.

Just saying, like  ::)
Makes you wonder what the excuse for Tokyo 2020 will be.

Eh guys I'd love to play for your,oops I mean my country in Tokyo but I'm worried about a Godzilla attack..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Quote from: rrhf on June 22, 2016, 02:24:43 PM
This may not just be about the zico virus folks. Theres lots of sharks there too. Dangerous spot. Plus they reckon the ridin in the athletes village is unrelenting. You could come home with a lot more than zico... the fiance would have  every right to be worried.

Jaysus, when I was young I would have killed for anything to do with Zico.  ;)
MWWSI 2017

highorlow

BREAKING NEWS:

McIlroy has just pulled out of the Scottish Open due to concerns of a potential Loch Ness Monster attack.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Wildweasel74

Has been looking for an excuse...

Bollix was never going anyway, if he was representing a northern Ireland golf team like his soccer buds he been on the first plane out, unfortunately he born on the wrong side of the bann, where he feels more British accordingly to him apparently!!

Franko

Genuinely couldn't give a flyin duck who he represents or where his allegiances are. It's the weaselly, behind backs, ball less way he does things that grates me.  And this is just more of it.  Twat.

Bord na Mona man

Whatever about his motivations and reasons, the guy is very poor when it comes to PR.

On another note, the attempts to 'green' McIlroy by folks down South is a bit embarrassing.
Why does every RTE sports bulletin call him "Ireland's Rory McIlroy"?

HiMucker

Because he is from Ireland!

AZOffaly

Do they say Ireland's Shane Lowry?

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 23, 2016, 11:12:17 AM
Do they say Ireland's Shane Lowry?
They would in context, 'best of the Irish today was Shane Lowry' but it isn't constant.
When it came to Darren Clarke, they were never as pushy about pinning the Irish badge on him.
McIlroy has picked up a permanent prefix this past while.