The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 20, 2016, 09:34:14 AM
I like Shane Lowry but that was a monumental choke last night. Even before the DJ incident he had lost it.

Definitely got to him. HE said as much afterwards. I do think he's the type of lad that will learn from it and come back. He certainly has the game to contend.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 20, 2016, 10:22:58 AM
I like Shane Lowry but that was a monumental choke last night. Even before the DJ incident he had lost it.

Definitely got to him. HE said as much afterwards. I do think he's the type of lad that will learn from it and come back. He certainly has the game to contend.

Hopefully it's a case of you have to lose one to win one. Still think he needs to look at his condition, it's a small thing but a high level of fitness helps with mental fortitude and help with making clear decisions towards the end of a round when mental and physical fatigue come into it. It is one the thing that strikes me about the top guys Day, Spieth, McIlroy even DJ, those guys look fit and lean.
#newbridgeornowhere

Milltown Row2

Hopefully the next chance he gets he takes it, I'd say his form will dip in the next few competitions due to this (and going on the lash)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mikehunt

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 20, 2016, 10:39:59 AM

Hopefully it's a case of you have to lose one to win one. Still think he needs to look at his condition, it's a small thing but a high level of fitness helps with mental fortitude and help with making clear decisions towards the end of a round when mental and physical fatigue come into it. It is one the thing that strikes me about the top guys Day, Spieth, McIlroy even DJ, those guys look fit and lean.
Absolutely. He was questioned about this before and he said he wouldn't change. It's a shame cos he has the talent. Has to make a difference.  Spending four hours out in the heat and humidity is tough going and even more so if you're carrying timber.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: mikehunt on June 20, 2016, 11:14:44 AM

Absolutely. He was questioned about this before and he said he wouldn't change. It's a shame cos he has the talent. Has to make a difference.  Spending four hours out in the heat and humidity is tough going and even more so if you're carrying timber.
People were hassling Brian Cowen over the same stuff. Claiming he drank too much and was out of shape.

Tony Baloney

Agree with all of the above. At the top end of any sport the best have to eke out every small gain. The weight and general conditioning has to be a consideration especially playing a global sport. If he was playing in lashing rain and cold at home he might get away with it but fatigue has to be a consideration. It may be that he is afraid a 3 or 4 stone weight loss would result in him having to adjust his swing.

mikehunt

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on June 20, 2016, 12:58:26 PM

People were hassling Brian Cowen over the same stuff. Claiming he drank too much and was out of shape.
You pointing the finger at the Offaly gene?

laoislad

Quote from: Orior on June 20, 2016, 09:21:08 AM
Quote from: laoislad on June 20, 2016, 01:06:53 AM
Was worth staying up to watch the end just to see DJs wife!!

Agreed. The way she swung those hips and struggled to keep the dress down - woof woof. Though I think the big knickers were a mistake.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

I really think it is. I hope though it's more like McIlroy lost the Masters  and won the US Open rather than DJ toiling for years losing a number of them!

I REALLY hope it's not a Westwood situation. His performance yesterday was absolutely horrendous!!

Shamrock Shore

Rory pulls out of Olympics due to the zika virus.

Yeah, right!  >:(

AZOffaly

He couldn't stand being Ireland's number 2 :)

In fairness, I wouldn't be surprised if Lowry pulled out either. Both are young men, looking to start families in the relatively near term. Unless you could be absolutely assured your risk was negligible, I'd understand it.

The Trap

I would say as soon an McIlroy thinks he is not good enough/too old to win a major he wont go near a golf course.............

winghalfun

Great timing Rory. 

Couple of nights with the Norn Ireland supporters and you suddenly with careful consideration decide you might be exposed to a health scare.

I genuinely would have 100% more admiration for people like him if he was upfront about his loyalties.

I would also suggested he does what Greg Rutherford has done and freeze his sperm but I suppose you need a set of balls for that.

Kidder81

Have a feeling a certain gentleman will be on this thread very soon

Gabriel_Hurl