The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: David McKeown on June 20, 2016, 12:32:34 AM
Quote from: screenexile on June 20, 2016, 12:22:27 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on June 20, 2016, 12:17:48 AM
As I said on the other thread I have no sympathy for him because of what happened on 10. It's those chasing have more cause for complaint. If he did cause it to move though did he not also play it from the wrong spot?  It should have been replaced if he caused it to move and played as it lied if he didn't.

Surely he's entitles to do that under the rules so what's the problem??

Absolutely he is as are the USGA entitled to do what's happening now. So Johnson can have no complaints.

I don't think they are the decision could be easily cleared up but they are leaving the whole field uncertain as to what is happening!

David McKeown

Quote from: screenexile on June 20, 2016, 12:39:25 AM
As I said on the other thread I have no sympathy for him because of what happened on 10. It's those chasing have more cause for complaint. If he did cause it to move though did he not also play it from the wrong spot?  It should have been replaced if he caused it to move and played as it lied if he didn't.

Absolutely he is as are the USGA entitled to do what's happening now. So Johnson can have no complaints.

I don't think they are the decision could be easily cleared up but they are leaving the whole field uncertain as to what is happening!

USGA are entitled to look at the situation as is he. They can't stop the competition mid round. I don't see what his complaint can be. If you use rules to your advantage you can't complain when the same rules disadvantage you.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

whitegoodman

FFS u can't leave the players hanging like this until he talks to him after the round.  It should have been looked at and a decision made within a minute not dragged out until everyone has finished.

The golfers on Twitter are going to town on the USGA.

All this is hiding the fact that biffo is completing shitting the trunks.  Laoislad must be away to bed early tonight !!!

whitegoodman

screenexile

screenexile

Fair play DJ Lowry will learn from this he'll be back!!

PS. DJ's Missus  :o :o

HiMucker

Re what happened at 10.  The rule is to do with "sight of flag".  So it's not to do with impeding on the flight of the ball.  If it's deemed you could see the flag if the TV tower wasn't there your allowed to move the ball to where you can see the flag.

mackers

Jaysus....DJ's wife having difficulties with that short dress. ;)
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Gabriel_Hurl

Wayne Gretzkys has some good sperm

David McKeown

Quote from: HiMucker on June 20, 2016, 01:04:57 AM
Re what happened at 10.  The rule is to do with "sight of flag".  So it's not to do with impeding on the flight of the ball.  If it's deemed you could see the flag if the TV tower wasn't there your allowed to move the ball to where you can see the flag.

The purpose of the rule is that you are not disadvantaged by the presence of the tower. DJ wasn't. He used the rule to his advantage to get relief from a terrible lie. I have no problem with him doing that I however would have no sympathy for him if, having used the letter of the rules to his advantage he was then to complain when those same standards were applied to his detriment.

All that said. It was a fantastic performance from him and his shot into 18 alone was worthy of winning the championship let alone how he played the rest of the round.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Boycey

Quote from: David McKeown on June 20, 2016, 01:29:54 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on June 20, 2016, 01:04:57 AM

The purpose of the rule is that you are not disadvantaged by the presence of the tower. DJ wasn't. He used the rule to his advantage to get relief from a terrible lie. I have no problem with him doing that I however would have no sympathy for him if, having used the letter of the rules to his advantage he was then to complain when those same standards were applied to his detriment.

All that said. It was a fantastic performance from him and his shot into 18 alone was worthy of winning the championship let alone how he played the rest of the round.

If you can't see the flag you are surely disadvantaged? Every player in the field would have done the same.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 20, 2016, 01:19:20 AM
Wayne Gretzkys has some good sperm

More like Janet Jones has good eggs!!

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Orior

Quote from: laoislad on June 20, 2016, 01:06:53 AM
Was worth staying up to watch the end just to see DJs wife!!

Agreed. The way she swung those hips and struggled to keep the dress down - woof woof. Though I think the big knickers were a mistake.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Dinny Breen

I like Shane Lowry but that was a monumental choke last night. Even before the DJ incident he had lost it.
#newbridgeornowhere

GaillimhIarthair

Unfortunately for Shane he had to sit on a 4 shot lead for about 7 - 8 hours before he teed off in the last round and I have no doubt it contributed to his very nervous play.  Even the green's he was hitting, he was leaving himself with 40ft putts and he just couldn't keep sinking those 7 - 10 footers to save par.  I really hope the experience stands to him and he bounces back strong at The Open next month.