The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: sammymaguire on May 26, 2016, 08:46:33 PM
Quick rules question. You hit your ball over water, red stakes about 20ft in front - it travels in play over the fairway and fades right, back over the water and red stakes which were all down the right. Where should the player take his drop from, first point it crossed the red stakes or the second point where it had travelled over the fairway 200 yards down the fairway?

You weren't playing the 13th at Concra Wood by any chance ;D. I did similar there and one of the guys I was playing with was adamant I dropped at the first one I was keener to go to the 2nd point of entry. Often wondered what the correct answer was..

Puckoon

Quick rules question. You hit your ball over water, red stakes about 20ft in front - it travels in play over the fairway and fades right, back over the water and red stakes which were all down the right. Where should the player take his drop from, first point it crossed the red stakes or the second point where it had travelled over the fairway 200 yards down the fairway?

If the ball crosses a hazard and re-enters play it is considered in play. Picture a par 3 across a water hazard. Your ball enters the hazard to carry the water. If it crosses the hazard, you're in play. If it doesn't make it your drop is where you entered the hazard (or for some courses a drop zone).

If you carried that hazard only to not quite reach the green and roll back into the hazard from the green side of the hazard, you would drop from the green side.

sammymaguire

Quote from: Boycey on May 26, 2016, 09:14:33 PM

You weren't playing the 13th at Concra Wood by any chance ;D. I did similar there and one of the guys I was playing with was adamant I dropped at the first one I was keener to go to the 2nd point of entry. Often wondered what the correct answer was..

It was the 15th... :o  By the sounds of it I should have been allowed the drop closer to the green than the guys were telling me
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Orior

I was playing out of a bunker yesterday, the ball close to a steep face. So I opened the club, swung hard, entering the sand about an inch behind the ball and slid the club below the ball. But I didn't get enough elevation. The ball came up and clipped the face of the bunker. I hadn't a clue where it finished so stepped back to look around. Next thing the ball falls on top off my head.  Besides the embarrassment, is that an extra shot incurred?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

screenexile

Quote from: Orior on June 01, 2016, 09:07:48 AM
I was playing out of a bunker yesterday, the ball close to a steep face. So I opened the club, swung hard, entering the sand about an inch behind the ball and slid the club below the ball. But I didn't get enough elevation. The ball came up and clipped the face of the bunker. I hadn't a clue where it finished so stepped back to look around. Next thing the ball falls on top off my head.  Besides the embarrassment, is that an extra shot incurred?

I think so yeah

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: screenexile on June 01, 2016, 09:48:42 AM

I think so yeah
I actually think it is a 2 stroke penalty!

muppet

I was playing out of a bunker yesterday, the ball close to a steep face. So I opened the club, swung hard, entering the sand about an inch behind the ball and slid the club below the ball. But I didn't get enough elevation. The ball came up and clipped the face of the bunker. I hadn't a clue where it finished so stepped back to look around. Next thing the ball falls on top off my head. Besides the embarrassment, is that an extra shot incurred?

I think it is a message from God.  :D
MWWSI 2017

Megaman

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on June 01, 2016, 10:35:29 AM

I think so yeah

one stroke penalty, play it as it lays.

Orior

Quote from: Megaman on June 01, 2016, 03:34:58 PM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on June 01, 2016, 10:35:29 AM

I think so yeah

one stroke penalty, play it as it lays.

lol. Should make it to You've Been Framed with the next shot.

screenexile

Here lads this is gonna be some craic this weekend . . .

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGkW7J7lSoz/

You'd be better drawing names out of a hat I think than putting money on anyone in particular!

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

heganboy

Jesus Rory, 4 putt double bogie
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Orior

Quote from: heganboy on June 18, 2016, 05:14:40 PM
Jesus Rory, 4 putt double bogie

There is only one thing that he needs to do - change everything!

screenexile

The 3 Mayo lads high on the leaderboard  . . . Will any of them finally do it this time??